United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-09-2020, 07:21 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Looks like it’s a done deal to spurs

Apparently they’ve accepted both clauses Madrid were insisting on.

Pointless clauses because he won’t play for Madrid again imo.
I think it's more of the principle than anything else.

We want players here who want to be here. Not players whose clubs are offering a safety net. And if he really wanted to come here, he'd push for it. The fact he's happy to come to us and then happy to go to Spurs in the space of 24 hours perhaps suggests he's more interested in just getting out of there than anything else.

It's disappointing, i want us to get our targets, but the 'culture change' or whatever you want to call it, is more important than some left back most of us weren't arsed about this time last month.

Unread 16-09-2020, 08:20 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger

We want players here who want to be here. Not players whose clubs are offering a safety net. And if he really wanted to come here, he'd push for it. The fact he's happy to come to us and then happy to go to Spurs in the space of 24 hours perhaps suggests he's more interested in just getting out of there than anything else.

It's disappointing, i want us to get our targets, but the 'culture change' or whatever you want to call it, is more important than some left back most of us weren't arsed about this time last month.
His first choice was to go back to Seville on loan and prove he's good enough for Madrid, apparently, Madrid need and want the money, which Seville can't afford, hence shopping him around the PL where the money is. £#%&! him. He could've forced it, clearly wants to go back to Spain asap.

Unread 16-09-2020, 08:51 AM
redhegemony

doesn't want to come to us - reject - move on.

Unread 16-09-2020, 08:58 AM
Stickman

Will be a bullet dodged. Guaran damn tee it.

Unread 16-09-2020, 09:52 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger

"the fact"

Quote:
fact
/fakt/
Learn to pronounce
noun
noun: fact; plural noun: facts
a thing that is known or proved to be true.

Unread 16-09-2020, 09:54 AM
Jethro

So Spurs are planning for the short term, possibly for the inevitable meltdown.

Glad we didn't bow to these stupid demands.

Unread 16-09-2020, 09:56 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Not if he goes to Spurs he wont.

But the stupid thing about accepting the buy back clause is that the only way Madrid are going to want him back is if he ends up being a world class player, in which case you've already agreed to sell a world class player for peanuts.
It’s effectively loaning Madrid 30m to help their cash flow during covid, and they get to decide whether to pay you back whilst taking an asset off your hands worth far more. Desperate by Tottenham. All the risk, no reward.

Quite a deal for Madrid.

Unread 16-09-2020, 10:21 AM
Parlabane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
It’s effectively loaning Madrid 30m to help their cash flow during covid, and they get to decide whether to pay you back whilst taking an asset off your hands worth far more. Desperate by Tottenham. All the risk, no reward.

Quite a deal for Madrid.

This pretty much nails it, suspect the player sees it as a loan deal as well and hopes he will be back in Spain in a year or two.

For once the club has done the right thing and walked away

Unread 16-09-2020, 12:57 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger

Quite a deal for Madrid.
Yep. The and the Bale deal. Jose helping out his old employers. Spurs fans should be fuming at these deals if they go through.

Unread 16-09-2020, 01:03 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parlabane
This pretty much nails it, suspect the player sees it as a loan deal as well and hopes he will be back in Spain in a year or two.

For once the club has done the right thing and walked away
Yep. £#%&! Madrid, the massive set of bastards.

Unread 16-09-2020, 01:20 PM
tatty

Unless we’ve got money to burn then I don’t see why we’re looking at LB when there are 2, if not 3, other positions that are a priority.

I don’t rate Shaw but there is worse in the first team.

Unread 16-09-2020, 01:24 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
Unless we’ve got money to burn then I don’t see why we’re looking at LB when there are 2, if not 3, other positions that are a priority.

Only AWB really. And Lindelof maybe.

Unread 16-09-2020, 01:25 PM
shenwen

Quote:

especially Madrid's third choice left back who doesn't want to leave and no-one had ever heard of but is suddenly hot property because of an assist in the Europa

Unread 16-09-2020, 05:39 PM
Stickman

Quote:

Exactly this.

Unread 16-09-2020, 06:27 PM
red in cumbria

I'm actually pleased we aren't signing people who don't really want to be here.

Is there any chance, though, that we could get a couple of players who do?

Unread 16-09-2020, 06:33 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
I'm actually pleased we aren't signing people who don't really want to be here.

Is there any chance, though, that we could get a couple of players who do?
It would seem anyone who does isn’t good enough

Unread 16-09-2020, 06:33 PM
Sparky***

what kind of ridiculous £#%&!ing set of clauses are those? So if he turns out to be any good madrid can just waltz in and have him back at a cut-price deal?

Spurs should have told them to £#%&! off if they had anything about them.

Unread 16-09-2020, 07:00 PM
browser

If he was any good Madrid wouldn’t be selling. Let’s not forget Jesus Navas looked good playing fullback at Sevilla. City spent 55m on Cancelo who’s been shit in the prem. Bullet dodged imo

Unread 16-09-2020, 07:03 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser
If he was any good Madrid wouldn’t be selling. Let’s not forget Jesus Navas looked good playing fullback at Sevilla. City spent 55m on Cancelo who’s been shit in the prem. Bullet dodged imo
The best full backs in our league are all british anyway

Unread 16-09-2020, 07:30 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser
Madrid have got Marcelo and Ferland Mendy, that’s why they want him on loan somewhere, but they need cash and Spurs have bent over for them. Unless he turns out to be utter shit, he’ll be back in Madrid when Marcelo leaves.
Closed Thread