United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-09-2020, 09:13 PM
bosskeano

Smalling has been shit from day one and that hasn't changed. How he and Jones made it this long playing for United is £#%&!ing beyond me. A couple of #@&%!s those two

Unread 15-09-2020, 09:15 PM
Sparky***

I changed my mind mate, it's allowed you know.

Unread 15-09-2020, 09:17 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I changed my mind mate, it's allowed you know.

Alien to him tbf.

Unread 15-09-2020, 09:22 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Alien to him tbf.
I have changed my mind, I quite liked Maguire back then became obvious he isn’t that good since, and watching him week in, week out confirmed it.

He’s a decent enough CB, nothing more.

Unread 15-09-2020, 09:25 PM
AK14

Another thread turned into a Maguire bashing by dunk

Unread 15-09-2020, 09:47 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Axel is made of glass, Bailly too, Rojo is shite and so is Jones. That leaves Maguire and Lindelof. Until Ed shifts some of the above I can't see United signing a CB which they needed to this window.

Smalling's better than the first four so as a third option I'm not fussed.
love whalers, but.... smallingbauer, tuanzers, tfm, wan-b... even mengi. sorted.

play jones, bailly, lindelof and rojo in carabao to add some zing. with mata and lingard. everyone's happy.

Unread 15-09-2020, 10:09 PM
utd99

There’s a marketable bid for him, just sell the @#%&! ffs. If any of the stupid, cash rich cellar dwellers of the Prem were interested they would have come in by now, so just let him go and move on. Woody flexing his muscles over a couple of million.

Unread 15-09-2020, 10:15 PM
jem

yeah. we're considering* a loan for £#%&!ing bale and yet we don't want to keep a good defender we already own. sure... why not?

Unread 15-09-2020, 10:17 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
yeah. we're considering* a loan for £#%&!ing bale and yet we don't want to keep a good defender we already own. sure... why not?
As things stand I’d keep him, but only because he’s better than Jones, Rojo and Bailly, not because he’s the solution to anything.

Unread 15-09-2020, 10:19 PM
jem

he's better that lindelof, too.

Unread 15-09-2020, 10:21 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
As things stand I’d keep him, but only because he’s better than Jones, Rojo and Bailly, not because he’s the solution to anything.
Pretty much how I see it tbh

But then if he stays I can see him ending up as Maguires partner (unless Axel or that other kid have a breakout season).

Unread 15-09-2020, 10:21 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
he's better that lindelof, too.
I’d agree whole heartedly if he weren’t so shit on the ball. But better man on man and definitely in the air.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Pretty much how I see it tbh

But then if he stays I can see him ending up as Maguires partner (unless Axel or that other kid have a breakout season).
Maguire’s done more than he’s given credit for, and I think it would help Smalling not to have to be the leader back there because he’s shit at it.

Unread 15-09-2020, 11:09 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Woody flexing his muscles over a couple of million.
Tbh he must be under orders to haggle over every last penny in *all* our dealings.

Its £#%&!ing infuriating for sure.

Unread 16-09-2020, 06:31 AM
MUFC One Love

Maguire is a good presence and for that alone he is worth it. We had a few years of bottlers like Smalling.

Unread 16-09-2020, 09:13 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
We had a few years of bottlers like Smalling.
you can accuse smalling of not being the greatest passer or of wrestling or even of being out of position occasionally, but he is not a bottler.

Unread 16-09-2020, 09:15 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
you can accuse smalling of not being the greatest passer or of wrestling or even of being out of position occasionally, but he is not a bottler.
Standard %@#$&!s repeated so often it becomes 'fact'.

Lots of people wanted him playing regularly under Fergie but he kept getting injured so he got pelters for that, he was outstanding under LvG (Big 'Mike' ) and the main man defensively in Mou's first season, doesn't fit the narrative though.

Unread 16-09-2020, 09:26 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
We didn't miss him because we have 7 £#%&!ing CB's on the books. There's a good chance he'd have improved that defence were he in it.
Our defense improved last season with him being £#%&!ed off out of the country, and our usually reliable goalkeeper chucking in goals for fun

At the risk of sounding like Sparky, how far have we fallen that fans are mourning the potential sale of Chris-£#%&!ing-Smalling

Unread 16-09-2020, 09:33 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
he's also more of a threat going forward than maguire.
Unfortunately he’s also more of a threat going backwards.

Unread 16-09-2020, 09:38 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Unfortunately he’s also more of a threat going backwards.

Unread 16-09-2020, 10:21 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
you honestly don't have to be Mary Mary quite contrary on absolutely every topic. I mean there's wums and wums.
if you think that saying smalling is a decent defender (and less of a @#%&! than lindelof) is a wum, then you have misread the conversation like maguire with a midfielder darting into the area behind him.
Closed Thread