United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-09-2020, 09:32 PM
AK14

I mean I get why we’ve walked...

But would Madrid really come back in for him? He’d probably have to turn out to be one of the best left backs in the game for that to happen which would mean he’d have done pretty well for us.

I don’t know, probably the right decision for once but we can’t keep turning our nose up at bargains just because players/agents want something in return (Haaland)

I’d rather this kid as left back for a few years over having the likes of Shaw and Rojo stink the place out on 150k+.

Unread 15-09-2020, 09:36 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
There won't be anyone else arriving. Priorities appeared to be CB, LB and RW first then a striker. But in drops a new light weight midfielder. Yeah alright then.

If United are still relying on the likes of Lingard, Pereira, Mata, Rojo et al this season is going to be grim. Several in that friendly vs Villa couldn't even make a simple pass into feet. We have continually failed with them in the squad the fact they're still here sums the ownership up and the direction they want to go in.
love whalers, but.... "a new lightweight midfielder"?

er... he's one reason we won't be relying on lingard, mata, pereira (hey!), etc.

is fernandes a lightweight midfielder?

the dvb train is leaving the station. be on it or look at rats running across the line for the next six months.

Unread 15-09-2020, 09:40 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
I mean I get why we’ve walked...

But would Madrid really come back in for him? He’d probably have to turn out to be one of the best left backs in the game for that to happen which would mean he’d have done pretty well for us.

I don’t know, probably the right decision for once but we can’t keep turning our nose up at bargains just because players/agents want something in return (Haaland)

I’d rather this kid as left back for a few years over having the likes of Shaw and Rojo stink the place out on 150k+.
They’ve got Ferland Mendy at 23/24 as well as Marcelo, they’re hedging their bets.. if he’s good they take him back for peanuts, if not, cheers for the money you mugs.

Unread 15-09-2020, 10:13 PM
bosskeano

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
They’ve got Ferland Mendy at 23/24 as well as Marcelo, they’re hedging their bets.. if he’s good they take him back for peanuts, if not, cheers for the money you mugs.
agreed to the buy back clause and add 10% to whatever fee we paid for him...that'll cover some of his wages if they are that insistent on adding that to his contract

Unread 15-09-2020, 10:15 PM
utd99

We’ve seen where desperation has gotten us over the last seven years, loads of money pissed up the wall and the Europa. Better to be patient and wait for the right players with the right attitude.

Unread 15-09-2020, 10:32 PM
andyroo

Just read we have the agreement with the player but not the club

Spurs have the agreement with the club but not the player

That's helpful

Unread 15-09-2020, 10:40 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo

That's helpful
we're going to end up buying spurs at this rate.

Unread 15-09-2020, 10:42 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
love whalers, but.... "a new lightweight midfielder"?

er... he's one reason we won't be relying on lingard, mata, pereira (hey!), etc.

is fernandes a lightweight midfielder?

the dvb train is leaving the station. be on it or look at rats running across the line for the next six months.
I'm being a bit harsh mainly because I hoped the decks would have been cleared this window and United would sign a CB, LB , RW and striker before a CM. I'd also have preferred someone to anchor the midfield before another attacking midfielder because when Matic is knackered / injured they don't have another. I like Fred but as soon as he maes a mistake he seems to fall apart.

That hopeful bit at the start, foolish I know.

Unread 15-09-2020, 10:49 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
I'm being a bit harsh mainly because I hoped the decks would have been cleared this window and United would sign a CB, LB , RW and striker before a CM. I'd also have preferred someone to anchor the midfield before another attacking midfielder because when Matic is knackered / injured they don't have another. I like Fred but as soon as he maes a mistake he seems to fall apart.

That hopeful bit at the start, foolish I know.
I agree with all of that (although.... tfm).

but don't take it out on dvb. beek off! might be good headline, but I don't want to see it.

with the don running the midfield, we can keep pogba for the carabao team.

Unread 15-09-2020, 11:13 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
we're going to end up buying spurs at this rate.
Knowing our luck, will end up back with their manager too

Unread 16-09-2020, 07:02 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo

That's helpful
If he has anything about him he’ll tell spurs to f*** off and tell madrid to get a deal done with united.

Unread 16-09-2020, 07:49 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
If he has anything about him he’ll tell spurs to £#%&! off and tell madrid to get a deal done with united.
This.

Unread 16-09-2020, 07:50 AM
Bunker Buster

No one had a clue who the £#%&! he was a few days ago, now he's peak Dennis Irwin and folk are losing their shit.....

Unread 16-09-2020, 07:56 AM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
No one had a clue who the £#%&! he was a few days ago, now he's peak Dennis Irwin and folk are losing their shit.....

New to Fred pal?

Unread 16-09-2020, 08:00 AM
dunk

Quote:

Again with this He made the equaliser against us in the EL Semi final, and scored against Roma in the last 16, everyone knew who he was, that was back when Chelsea were rumoured to be buying him as a cheaper alternative to Chilwell.

Think he was even mentioned last summer when Madrid were hawking him about.

The supposed ITK's are now claiming we've never been looking for a LB as a priority and most of this stuff was agent driven and United were prepared to buy him if the deal was absolutely spot on, ie, cheap and without any clauses, but otherwise weren't arsed

Unread 16-09-2020, 08:02 AM
Bunker Buster

You googled him after the tweet in the op.

Admit it..

Unread 16-09-2020, 08:04 AM
dunk

Quote:
You googled him after the tweet in the op.

Admit it..
I'm not you

Unread 16-09-2020, 08:06 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I'm not you
I hadn't heard of him and have zero interest in him / La liga.

Olive pickers league....

At least I'm honest....

Unread 16-09-2020, 08:17 AM
AK14

Looks like it’s a done deal to spurs

Apparently they’ve accepted both clauses Madrid were insisting on.

Pointless clauses because he won’t play for Madrid again imo.

Unread 16-09-2020, 08:21 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Looks like it’s a done deal to spurs

Apparently they’ve accepted both clauses Madrid were insisting on.

Pointless clauses because he won’t play for Madrid again imo.
Not if he goes to Spurs he wont.

But the stupid thing about accepting the buy back clause is that the only way Madrid are going to want him back is if he ends up being a world class player, in which case you've already agreed to sell a world class player for peanuts.
Closed Thread