United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Hall of Fame

Unread 08-04-2020, 12:20 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
up next, 2009 and 2011 European Cup Finals with extended coverage and a montage of Agueros winner against QPR

Unread 03-09-2020, 10:39 AM
Wilkins75

This was my 2nd final i went to with my dad,i was 9 years old.Stood behind the goal at the end where Norm curled it in.I remember we were stood near the fence at the bottom and i was desperate for a pee by the time extra time rolled around.My dad said "no way your getting through that lot to the bogs" as we both turned around and saw the masses of Reds behind us.Then he handed me a cup he found on the floor and told me to do it in that.Never forget my dads face when the goal went in!Great day that was

Unread 03-09-2020, 11:10 AM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilkins75
This was my 2nd final i went to with my dad,i was 9 years old.Stood behind the goal at the end where Norm curled it in.I remember we were stood near the fence at the bottom and i was desperate for a pee by the time extra time rolled around.My dad said "no way your getting through that lot to the bogs" as we both turned around and saw the masses of Reds behind us.Then he handed me a cup he found on the floor and told me to do it in that.Never forget my dads face when the goal went in!Great day that was
Welcome to the forum wilko, great first post, it has everything....love of united, great childhood memories, and piss

Just a word of warning though...don’t go boasting about knowing your dad, we have a few posters from north manchester on here and they will be jealous

Unread 03-09-2020, 11:12 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Welcome to the forum wilko, great first post, it has everything....love of united, great childhood memories, and piss

Just a word of warning though...don’t go boasting about knowing your dad, we have a few posters from north manchester on here and they will be jealous

Unread 03-09-2020, 11:21 AM
originalhogg

Quote:
Top cup final, remember Atky getting of the bus the next day opposite St Margarets in Bowdon in his cream suit, then legging it home and seeing on Granada with Elton Welsby on the bus.

Unread 03-09-2020, 12:16 PM
ScholesGingerSheen

That sending off is still bullshit, he's nowhere near goal, he's not gone in studs up, it'd be arguably a yellow now never mind in the 80's, although Moran would probably be banned for about 8 months for grabbing the referee like that these days.

Unread 03-09-2020, 05:31 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen
That sending off is still bullshit, he's nowhere near goal, he's not gone in studs up, it'd be arguably a yellow now never mind in the 80's, although Moran would probably be banned for about 8 months for grabbing the referee like that these days.
Well that's true tbf, and if he hadn't been restrained he would likely have knocked him clean out

Unread 03-09-2020, 09:34 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Well that's true tbf, and if he hadn't been restrained he would likely have knocked him clean out
Kevin Moran in today's United would scare the opposition shitless.

Would love a nutter like that on the pitch.

Unread 09-09-2020, 08:31 AM
Wilkins75

He was a legend of that era no doubt.

Unread 09-09-2020, 05:39 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
He was a legend of that era no doubt.
Tbh even I might be a bit wary about posting this to bump a thread.

Unread 09-09-2020, 06:53 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
Kevin Moran in today's United would scare the opposition shitless.

Would love a nutter like that on the pitch.
I don’t know what has happened to men (and masculinity) over the last 25 years but even a 1980s wussy would be a hard man now.