United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-07-2020, 08:13 PM
dunk

Football Pau Torres

A few tenuous links to this lad, Valencia CB, left footed () excellent passer of the ball, quickest CB in Spain, apparently, 23, made his Spanish Debut this season. Buy out clause in the £45m region... sounds promising and not an outlandish link. Pep fancies him too, apparently...

Unread 28-07-2020, 08:25 PM
Coracao

L deficient. Do not want.

Unread 28-07-2020, 08:26 PM
jem

anyone looks good in highlights (but lindelof's would be about 30 seconds long).

needs a better theme tune, obvs.

to me... to you.... t'pau.

Unread 28-07-2020, 08:43 PM
bosskeano

looks comfortable on the ball and decent pace....looks a lot like Laporte

45m seems steep unless they offload Smalling and Jones/Bailly

Unread 28-07-2020, 08:44 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
L deficient. Do not want.
We'd just call him Paul, £#%&! it.

Unread 28-07-2020, 08:46 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
We'd just call him Paul, £#%&! it.

Unread 28-07-2020, 10:14 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
A few tenuous links to this lad, Valencia CB, left footed () excellent passer of the ball, quickest CB in Spain, apparently, 23, made his Spanish Debut this season. Buy out clause in the £45m region... sounds promising and not an outlandish link. Pep fancies him too, apparently...
Like we’ll get anywhere near him

Unread 28-07-2020, 10:40 PM
atticusgrinch

Who the £#%&! is this @#%&!?

He'd better be a 6 foot 5 beefcake that's all i can say.

Unread 28-07-2020, 11:17 PM
red in cumbria

So we are on a.......Pau patrol?

Unread 28-07-2020, 11:19 PM
The Stella Fella

Looks like Lindelof.

Want a Serbian £#%&!ing hitman instead

Unread 28-07-2020, 11:23 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Who the £#%&! is this @#%&!?

He'd better be a 6 foot 5 beefcake that's all i can say.
he's the perfect height for a footballer.

Unread 28-07-2020, 11:36 PM
tatty

We keep spending £20m and £30m on these speculative punts hoping they turn out to be competent.

It starts adding up.

Unread 28-07-2020, 11:41 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
he's the perfect height for a footballer.
6 foot 2 1/2...

We've got a good record signing Villarreal centre backs. Let's do it.

Unread 28-07-2020, 11:57 PM
utd99

This gets poo poohed, but I’d like someone familiar with the league if there’s any quality to be had. Vertonghen on a free would improve the squad even if he’s not a certain starter. Certainly miles better than Jones, Bailly and Rojo. Versatile across the back line too in case of injury. Not everyone’s cup of tea, but this is about improving the depth - and he’s out of contract.

Unread 29-07-2020, 12:07 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
This gets poo poohed, but I’d like someone familiar with the league if there’s any quality to be had. Vertonghen on a free would improve the squad even if he’s not a certain starter. Certainly miles better than Jones, Bailly and Rojo. Versatile across the back line too in case of injury. Not everyone’s cup of tea, but this is about improving the depth - and he’s out of contract.
Is it? I think its more about adding real quality. We've plenty of depth back there. They're just shite.

I'd be happy for Lindelof to be a back up to a much better CB.

Unread 29-07-2020, 12:28 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Is it? I think its more about adding real quality. We've plenty of depth back there. They're just shite.

I'd be happy for Lindelof to be a back up to a much better CB.
Bodies are not depth. If you don’t trust them they may as well not exist. We need to out Smalling. Jones, Rojo and Bailly and free up the funds for a number one and two target. Vertonghen as a free number two target would improve our squad options. There’s going to be a lot of games next year.

Unread 29-07-2020, 12:34 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Bodies are not depth. If you don’t trust them they may as well not exist. We need to out Smalling. Jones, Rojo and Bailly and free up the funds for a number one and two target. Vertonghen as a free number two target would improve our squad options. There’s going to be a lot of games next year.

I take your point, but I think the priority in that area is still improving the first 11.

We can do better than Lindelof.

Don't mind him as back up. And Tuanzebe. MAYBE Bailly. Bin the rest.

Unread 29-07-2020, 06:10 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
6 foot 2 1/2...

We've got a good record signing Villarreal centre backs. Let's do it.
he's not even tall enough for Fred. Off.

Unread 29-07-2020, 02:17 PM
bosskeano

the silly thing is that you're going to spend the some amount for him as you would Nathan Ake

We have bodies at CB but they aren't depth especially Jones and Rojo....bin them

Bailly has all the athletic ability to be very good but he's extremely fragile so you can't count on him to play more than 1/4 of the season

Buy a quality left sided CB to partner Maguire and to compete with Lindelof and then either take a punt on Jan as a free transfer or make Tuanzebe your 4th choice CB b/c we need 4 to compete in all the cup comps so Harry can get a rest
Closed Thread