United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-03-2020, 09:29 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
Bet it’s cancelled and they win the league
Wouldn’t surprise me tbh. They’ll probably weigh up their options, conclude that upsetting scousers will mean decades of endless whining from the scouse-packed football pundit world and give them the trophy to shut them up.

Unread 29-03-2020, 10:50 AM
AK14

I don’t think we’ll see any football until after Christmas tbh and they’ll just continue where this season ended.

Unread 29-03-2020, 10:52 AM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
I don’t think we’ll see any football until after Christmas tbh
At least that means phil jones will only get injured four times

Unread 29-03-2020, 10:56 AM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
As funny as it would be to see them miss out, for us, being stuck in the Europa league for another season is a high price to pay.
Couple of years and that will be forgotten.

However, you’ll be in the pub in 25 years time and someone will mention the ‘Covid season’ and it will bring the house down.

Unread 29-03-2020, 11:17 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
I don’t think we’ll see any football until after Christmas tbh and they’ll just continue where this season ended.
No chance pal.

You cant continue a season after a 10 month break ffs.

Unread 29-03-2020, 11:29 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
No chance pal.

You cant continue a season after a 10 month break ffs.
There’d only be a few months before the euros start and if it got to that point then finishing this season would make more sense than starting a full new one tbf.

Unread 29-03-2020, 11:30 AM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Funny. As said, a month ago they were talking about a treble.

Then Chelsea knocked them out of the FA Cup.

Then Atletico knocked them out of Europe.

Then there was a global pandemic and the league season stopped.

If you ignore all the tragic deaths, it's the funniest thing that's ever happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
As funny as it would be to see them miss out, for us, being stuck in the Europa league for another season is a high price to pay.
I’d play in the Sherpa Van Trophy for a decade if it meant the scouse tramps miss out on the league.

Unread 29-03-2020, 11:47 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Smallest of prices imo. Good chance we could have ended up back in Europa anyway. At least if it happens this way, we have the bonus of boiled scouse piss for a generation
We're heading in the right direction too. Rashford back, a couple of new signings and we can all start from scratch.

Imagine the pressure on Liverpool if we start from scratch too

Unread 29-03-2020, 11:55 AM
guerreiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
We're heading in the right direction too. Rashford back, a couple of new signings and we can all start from scratch.

Imagine the pressure on Liverpool if we start from scratch too
Getting giddy thinking we could win it next season now. Funniest title ever...

Unread 29-03-2020, 11:57 AM
Zorg

Obviously wishful thinking but it would be great if the premier league season was completely cancelled, then three hours later the discovery of a fully effective vaccine was announced.

Unread 29-03-2020, 12:16 PM
Pop

If they aren't handed the trophy for this season they'll steamroller the opposition next year anyway.

I reckon they've got another season and a bit of their current PL form in them before Kloop burns them out.

Unread 29-03-2020, 12:21 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Obviously wishful thinking but it would be great if the premier league season was completely cancelled, then three hours later the discovery of a fully effective vaccine was announced.
Found in Alex Ferguson's back garden.

Unread 29-03-2020, 12:21 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Scone

I’d play in the Sherpa Van Trophy for a decade if it meant the scouse tramps miss out on the league.
Same.

Unread 29-03-2020, 12:23 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
If they aren't handed the trophy for this season they'll steamroller the opposition next year anyway.

I reckon they've got another season and a bit of their current PL form in them before Kloop burns them out.
Not convinced. Bear in mind for them this has been a 2 year "journey" ()

Over 100 points last season and it wasnt enough. Now they had it done, and its potentially been ripped away from them.

I still maintain theyve got 4 or 5 playing way above their ability. Add in City at least improving, potentially us and Chelsea. It could be difficult for them to maintain the same form after this.

Unread 29-03-2020, 12:26 PM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg

Like a feel good version of ‘The Mist’

Unread 29-03-2020, 12:39 PM
Switching Off

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Scone

Like a feel good version of ‘The Mist’

Unread 29-03-2020, 12:53 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Not convinced. Bear in mind for them this has been a 2 year "journey" ()

Over 100 points last season and it wasnt enough. Now they had it done, and its potentially been ripped away from them.

I still maintain theyve got 4 or 5 playing way above their ability. Add in City at least improving, potentially us and Chelsea. It could be difficult for them to maintain the same form after this.
Agreed.

We've seen their vulnerability more in recent weeks. The gap between them and the rest is not reflected by the points.

There will be a weird and crazy pressure on them if (big if) the season was abandoned and we started fresh.

It would take some getting over and they'd need to hit the ground running again.

Unread 29-03-2020, 01:09 PM
Zorg

Absolutely no chance they’ll enjoy the same domination next time, those stars won’t be aligning again. This was their chance, their big chance after 30 years, 25 points clear needing two more wins with zero chance of anyone else overtaking them, before a mutated 5G bat virus shut down football completely.

Unread 29-03-2020, 01:10 PM
Sparky***

I miss united.

Unread 29-03-2020, 01:17 PM
Kent Brockman

They've had lots of things go for them this season - VAR decisions, late goals, opposition missing sitters. Fine margins. That probably won't happen next year.

Add in a United side with a few good signings......
Closed Thread