United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-03-2020, 12:49 PM
20LEgend1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
He can't be judged after taking over mid-season can he?

Pretty sure that's how it works.
He probably shouldn't, it's an unenviable task taking over a dispirited squad mid season. But if you were to judge his impact, you would have to say he'll be disapointed to have only won 11 of his first 26 games in charge (for instance, our manager taking over mid way through the season managed to get 11 wins in just 13 games). Or to compare both their first 26 games:

Jose after 26 games: 11W 6D 9L
Ole after 26 games: 16W 2D 8L

Of course you shouldn't judge a manager on his performance mid way through a season, but if you were to, you'd see that between Ole taking over and the end of last season, we gained the third most points in the league (which is also true when you take into account the games played this season*). Only City and Liverpool took more. So there is hope for Jose, and it is possible to improve the fortunes of the team you take over (and to win a Champions League knock out game). We shouldn't judge him on such a short period of time, but a success story like Ole certainly gives Jose something to aspire to.

Unread 11-03-2020, 12:50 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Just because players cost £30-40m doesn’t make them any good though
Correct. Increases the odds though.

Unread 11-03-2020, 01:03 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend1999
He probably shouldn't, it's an unenviable task taking over a dispirited squad mid season. But if you were to judge his impact, you would have to say he'll be disapointed to have only won 11 of his first 26 games in charge (for instance, our manager taking over mid way through the season managed to get 11 wins in just 13 games). Or to compare both their first 26 games:

Jose after 26 games: 11W 6D 9L
Ole after 26 games: 16W 2D 8L

Of course you shouldn't judge a manager on his performance mid way through a season, but if you were to, you'd see that between Ole taking over and the end of last season, we gained the third most points in the league (which is also true when you take into account the games played this season*). Only City and Liverpool took more. So there is hope for Jose, and it is possible to improve the fortunes of the team you take over (and to win a Champions League knock out game). We shouldn't judge him on such a short period of time, but a success story like Ole certainly gives Jose something to aspire to.

Holy £#%&!ing shit what a post!!

Unread 11-03-2020, 05:11 PM
ScarFace

Unread 23-03-2020, 09:00 PM
AK14

Unread 23-03-2020, 09:10 PM
dunk

He’s decent as long as he’s nowhere near football or footballers.

Unread 23-03-2020, 11:18 PM
red in cumbria

He looks as happy as he usually is in the dugout

Unread 29-07-2020, 04:50 PM
ScarFace

Nobody told him VAR is on this season....cant really moan about pens

Unread 29-07-2020, 04:55 PM
Jethro

What a colossal £#%&!er

Unread 29-07-2020, 04:56 PM
Sparky***

the season's over for him, why is he still talking about united?

Unread 29-07-2020, 04:57 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Because he's a @#%&!

Unread 29-07-2020, 05:00 PM
utd99

Had a bit more bite when he was actually winning things

Unread 29-07-2020, 05:35 PM
bosskeano

he's a miserable fellow....and to think of all the quality managers we could have gotten since Fergie left and we've been stuck with Moyes,LvG and Jose

Unread 29-07-2020, 05:48 PM
red in cumbria

Not that I can really be bothered, but isn't "about 20" a sizeable exaggeration?

Unread 29-07-2020, 06:15 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Not that I can really be bothered, but isn't "about 20" a sizeable exaggeration?
He’s a little bitch who grates more and more. Will never win a league again.

Unread 29-07-2020, 07:19 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Nobody told him VAR is on this season....cant really moan about pens

https://twitter.com/utdreport/status...027220992?s=20
What a weird old man

He oozes gloom wherever he goes, yet does nothing but talk himself up.

Funny watching Match of The Day and the likes of Ole praising his players while not getting carried.

Meanwhile, he's dancing up the touchline after finding 6th. First thing he says in the interview:

I have won the Europa league before. I get this side into eurpoe in my first season.

Me me me me me me

Unread 29-07-2020, 07:29 PM
Chris Quayd

Imagine being a Spurs fan, a year after reaching their first Champions League final they get this @#%&! dancing on the pitch celebrating finishing 6th while talking about how many penalties a club that sacked him received

Unread 30-07-2020, 01:17 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Imagine being a Spurs fan, a year after reaching their first Champions League final they get this @#%&! dancing on the pitch celebrating finishing 6th while talking about how many penalties a club that sacked him received
Either he’s very thick at reading a room or very clever at getting himself sacked.

Unread 30-07-2020, 06:39 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
probably the same reason United fans are still talking about him.

Unread 30-07-2020, 10:57 AM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
probably the same reason United fans are still talking about him.
He’s part of a forum?
Closed Thread