United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-12-2019, 09:12 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
He’s not our most dangerous player. That’s Rashford. Then James. Then Martial based purely on him being the third attacker.

We’re never going to agree. I want him to be great. Hasn’t happened yet and I just don’t see it happening. Time will tell I guess
Hasn’t scored since August.

But I meant just in the Villa game. Martial is getting the most heat despite looking the more lively.

Unread 03-12-2019, 09:21 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
replying to your own reply.

Pureception.
only one who can make sense of it

Unread 03-12-2019, 10:02 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Hasn’t scored since August.

But I meant just in the Villa game. Martial is getting the most heat despite looking the more lively.
Martial has never looked lively. Ever. And even in villa game he was behind the other two.

Also not sure using goals scored as the measuring stick is a good idea when talking about Martial.

Plus I don’t think he’s getting heat for the villa game. It’s more general than that imo.

Unread 03-12-2019, 10:24 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
replying to your own reply.

Pureception.

Unread 03-12-2019, 10:43 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Martial has never looked lively. Ever. And even in villa game he was behind the other two.

Also not sure using goals scored as the measuring stick is a good idea when talking about Martial.

Plus I don’t think he’s getting heat for the villa game. It’s more general than that imo.
It’s definitely a general thing. Martial was far more involved second half than the other two.

Prem goals record for Martial over last couple of years: 44 (22) apps; 22 goals.

Not that bad considering he’s played in defensive and generally shit sides. I think he will always get goals. If we reach a point where he’s not good enough it’ll be a good sign of our progress.

Unread 03-12-2019, 10:58 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
It’s definitely a general thing. Martial was far more involved second half than the other two.

Prem goals record for Martial over last couple of years: 44 (22) apps; 22 goals.

Not that bad considering he’s played in defensive and generally shit sides. I think he will always get goals. If we reach a point where he’s not good enough it’ll be a good sign of our progress.
Do you think we need a centre forward ?

Unread 03-12-2019, 11:04 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
You obviously weigh talent vs discipline much higher than I do. Good players are important, but a good team is more important in my book, and that involves discipline. Making allowances for players based on their ability is horrendous for morale.

Red flags; Ignore them at your peril. You think Barcelona would buy Dembele again?
Pereira is disciplined and works hard.

Unread 03-12-2019, 02:33 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Pereira is disciplined and works hard.

Come on now....

Unread 03-12-2019, 02:59 PM
dunk

Quote:

Come on now....
2 things he can't be accused of not being tbh. Grafts and from what I can tell has an exemplary attitude. Should be right up your street, being the most important facets of being a player and all..

Unread 03-12-2019, 03:04 PM
utd99

Quote:
2 things he can't be accused of not being tbh. Grafts and from what I can tell has an exemplary attitude. Should be right up your street, being the most important facets of being a player and all..
The funny thing is, we both know that wasn’t the point so your motivation for wasting these pixels is obviously something else. Fancy wasting half the day on a meaningless to and fro do we? Time to kill?

Unread 03-12-2019, 03:07 PM
dunk

Quote:
The funny thing is, we both know that wasn’t the point so your motivation for wasting these pixels is obviously something else. Fancy wasting half the day on a meaningless to and fro do we? Time to kill?
Just pointing out the nonsense of your argument is all.

Unread 03-12-2019, 03:08 PM
utd99

Quote:
Just pointing out the nonsense of your argument is all.
So that’s a yes then?

Unread 03-12-2019, 03:13 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
could he see your sofa
they wouldn't let me take the sofa in strangely enough..

Unread 03-12-2019, 03:17 PM
dunk

Quote:
So that’s a yes then?
That your argument is nonsense? Yes.

This idea that Martial is lazy is %@#$&!s and projecting tbh. Your idea of what he should be doing isn't necessarily correct. He's definitely one of our only dangerous players when we actually get the ball to him/get him on the ball. Having him tear-arsing around while our wonderful midfielders trip over each other would achieve very little.

Unread 03-12-2019, 03:21 PM
Patty_b

Quote:

This idea that Martial is lazy is %@#$&!s and projecting tbh. Your idea of what he should be doing isn't necessarily correct. He's definitely one of our only dangerous players when we actually get the ball to him/get him on the ball. Having him tear-arsing around achieving nothing while our wonderful midfielders trip over each other would achieve very little.

Unread 03-12-2019, 03:22 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
It is.

Unread 03-12-2019, 03:23 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
It is.
Laziest sod on the pitch (when Pogba doesn't play). It doesn't reflect well on the French.

Bags of talent, can't be arsed working to show it.

Can change a game in an instant, but is it worth putting up with 95% of £#%&! all and hoping he can do something of worth.

Unread 03-12-2019, 03:29 PM
utd99

Quote:

This idea that Martial is lazy is %@#$&!s and projecting tbh. Your idea of what he should be doing isn't necessarily correct. He's definitely one of our only dangerous players when we actually get the ball to him/get him on the ball. Having him tear-arsing around achieving nothing while our wonderful midfielders trip over each other would achieve very little.
Martial is lazy because I can see he’s £#%&!ing lazy. At this point it’s not even worth the debate. Even Sider’s isn’t disputing it from what I can tell, so it appears that only you out of United’s whole fan base thinks he’s completely committed. No shock there.

Your idiotic interpretation that my argument for discipline means I’m advocating for useless players based solely on the fact that they’re disciplined isn’t even worth pursuing -even though I kinda am- because it’s meaningless and purely designed to get a rise. Is Ronaldo not disciplined? Is Messi not disciplined? Van Dijk? Stop being a moron. You’d be perfectly happy making excuses for 11 Ballotelli’s it seems.

You’re an odd little character sometimes; the arguments you choose to make.

Unread 03-12-2019, 03:30 PM
dunk

Quote:
Martial is lazy because I can see he’s £#%&!ing lazy. At this point it’s not even worth the debate. Even Sider’s isn’t disputing it from what I can tell, so it appears that only you out of United’s whole fan base thinks he’s completely committed. No shock there.

Your idiotic interpretation that my argument for discipline means I’m advocating for useless players based solely on the fact that they’re disciplined isn’t even worth pursuing -even though I kinda am- because it’s meaningless and purely designed to get a rise. Is Ronaldo not disciplined? Is Messi not disciplined? Van Dijk? Stop being a moron. You’d be perfectly happy making excuses for 11 Ballotelli’s it seems.

You’re an odd little character sometimes; the arguments you choose to make.
I'm odd

Unread 03-12-2019, 03:33 PM
utd99

Quote:
I'm odd
Good come back; and yes.
Closed Thread