United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-12-2019, 07:06 PM
Chester Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao

The odd flash of brilliance every blue moon .
the flashes are rarer than that tbf

Unread 02-12-2019, 07:17 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
And this has been happening since day one, when everyone was banging on about the next Henry and all that nonsense. So many times, so many £#%&!ing times you could see if he’d busted a nut to get into the box he’d have had a decent chance of getting on the end of a cross or rebound and yet there he was trotting 20 yards behind where he should have been.

How many of Ronaldo’s goals over the years came because he never once passed up a run he should have made or was ever less than 100% committed?
Do not google that at work.

Unread 02-12-2019, 07:27 PM
S/Side.Red

Second half he was the most dangerous player. Looked far more likely to do something than Rashford or James.

Unread 02-12-2019, 07:29 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Second half he was the most dangerous player. Looked far more likely to do something than Rashford or James.
Subbed for a child.

Unread 02-12-2019, 07:30 PM
utd99

Quote:
Is he 100% committed to the cause? Everything else is irrelevant.

Unread 02-12-2019, 07:38 PM
AK14

Quote:

Unread 02-12-2019, 07:42 PM
Chester Road

Quote:
handy tip mate don't watch a game after doing acid...actually hang on given the way we are playing maybe up the dosage

Unread 02-12-2019, 08:33 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Is he 100% committed to the cause? Everything else is irrelevant.
What he produces on the pitch is clearly relevant. I realise a lot of people just don't like him and to a large extent have made up their mind, but while he doesn't have the work rate of James or Rashford he does things to a far higher level than anyone else.

Martia's combination play is better than anyone in the squad and when he does come deep with back to goal his hold up and link play is good. Unfortunately he's often trying to get something going with a dreadful midfield. But again, yesterday he was the brightest player.

Like Pogba, if we want to go and develop the squad to lessen reliance on these guys then fair enough. Right now, they're the best players.

Unread 02-12-2019, 09:13 PM
utd99

Quote:
What he produces on the pitch is clearly relevant. I realise a lot of people just don't like him and to a large extent have made up their mind, but while he doesn't have the work rate of James or Rashford he does things to a far higher level than anyone else.

Martia's combination play is better than anyone in the squad and when he does come deep with back to goal his hold up and link play is good. Unfortunately he's often trying to get something going with a dreadful midfield. But again, yesterday he was the brightest player.

Like Pogba, if we want to go and develop the squad to lessen reliance on these guys then fair enough. Right now, they're the best players.
Which is a rather convoluted way of saying No, but you don’t care because he’s good.

Do you not agree that full effort, commitment and honesty is really the only aspect of a players game that they can absolutely guarantee once they step on a pitch, and that to not do so is a £#%&!ing insult to the club that’s paying you 200 grand a week and it’s followers?

When you say you get that people “just don’t like him”, is it possible that people don’t like him for a legitimate reasons, rather than this unstated, implied motive? And is it possible that managers (club and country) don’t fancy him for valid reasons, rather than spurious ones?

If you were manager, would you be the type to buy Jadon Sancho for 100m, then just keep letting him turn up late and do whatever he wants because he’s the best player and we should feel blessed to have him? Or do you think that discipline might be as important a part of the group dynamic as collective ability?

Unread 02-12-2019, 09:26 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Which is a rather convoluted way of saying No, but you don’t care because he’s good.

Do you not agree that full effort, commitment and honesty is really the only aspect of a players game that they can absolutely guarantee once they step on a pitch, and that to not do so is a £#%&!ing insult to the club that’s paying you 200 grand a week and it’s followers?

When you say you get that people “just don’t like him”, is it possible that people don’t like him for a legitimate reasons, rather than this unstated, implied motive? And is it possible that managers (club and country) don’t fancy him for valid reasons, rather than spurious ones?

If you were manager, would you be the type to buy Jadon Sancho for 100m, then just keep letting him turn up late and do whatever he wants because he’s the best player and we should feel blessed to have him? Or do you think that discipline might be as important a part of the group dynamic as collective ability?
Scholes refused to play for us once. I wouldn't turn down the chance to sign Sancho because he reported late as a young player.

As for the first part, again I think it comes down to performance. I've watched Aguero live and thought he looks like he couldn't care less. And from what people, such as Frank Lampard, have said Aguero is a poor trainer. But he's one of the best players in Premier League history. Not everyone is the same, but ultimately it comes down to performance doesn't it.

We have a variety of different styles of player. The coach's job is to find the system that gets the best out of them. If United can find another striking option who is better than Martial then fine. When I watch us at the moment I think he's one of our brighter hopes.

Unread 02-12-2019, 10:13 PM
utd99

You obviously weigh talent vs discipline much higher than I do. Good players are important, but a good team is more important in my book, and that involves discipline. Making allowances for players based on their ability is horrendous for morale.

Red flags; Ignore them at your peril. You think Barcelona would buy Dembele again?

Unread 02-12-2019, 10:37 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
You obviously weigh talent vs discipline much higher than I do. Good players are important, but a good team is more important in my book, and that involves discipline. Making allowances for players based on their ability is horrendous for morale.

Red flags; Ignore them at your peril. You think Barcelona would buy Dembele again?
Based on their performance. Ultimately Martial will be judged on that. He's a striker now so his tally in May will be interesting.

Unread 02-12-2019, 11:13 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Scholes refused to play for us once. I wouldn't turn down the chance to sign Sancho because he reported late as a young player.

As for the first part, again I think it comes down to performance. I've watched Aguero live and thought he looks like he couldn't care less. And from what people, such as Frank Lampard, have said Aguero is a poor trainer. But he's one of the best players in Premier League history. Not everyone is the same, but ultimately it comes down to performance doesn't it.

We have a variety of different styles of player. The coach's job is to find the system that gets the best out of them. If United can find another striking option who is better than Martial then fine. When I watch us at the moment I think he's one of our brighter hopes.
Tevez was a horrific trainer but you wouldn't know it by the way he played, that Barca home semi one of my favourite individual performances.

Unread 03-12-2019, 01:30 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Tevez was a horrific trainer but you wouldn't know it by the way he played, that Barca home semi one of my favourite individual performances.
Tevez the ultimate contradiction. Selfless work horse on the field, then spends the rest of his life complaining and chasing moves.

Unread 03-12-2019, 01:48 AM
shenwen

Couldn't care any less right now abiut what he does off the field.
Be nice though if he did something on the field for a change.

Looked our most dangerous player
Bags of potential
Most talented player in the team

At some point one of the youth team is going to rock up and tell the emperor that he's not wearing any clothes.

Unread 03-12-2019, 01:53 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Couldn't care any less right now abiut what he does off the field.
Be nice though if he did something on the field for a change.

Looked our most dangerous player
Bags of potential
Most talented player in the team

At some point one of the youth team is going to rock up and tell the emperor that he's not wearing any clothes.
Surely being our most dangerous player is doing something? That run he went on yesterday was just about the only piece of imaginative, creative play in the game. Whether people like it not we badly need Pogba back to try and piece all this shit together

Unread 03-12-2019, 04:59 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Surely being our most dangerous player is doing something? That run he went on yesterday was just about the only piece of imaginative, creative play in the game. Whether people like it not we badly need Pogba back to try and piece all this shit together
He’s not our most dangerous player. That’s Rashford. Then James. Then Martial based purely on him being the third attacker.

We’re never going to agree. I want him to be great. Hasn’t happened yet and I just don’t see it happening. Time will tell I guess

Unread 03-12-2019, 05:06 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
He’s not our most dangerous player. That’s Rashford. Then James. Then Martial based purely on him being the third attacker.

We’re never going to agree. I want him to be great. Hasn’t happened yet and I just don’t see it happening. Time will tell I guess
Martial is technically much better than Rashford and James, but they will likely end up better than him because they’ll work hard and improve. Martial will not because he’s lazy, doesn’t care and doesn’t listen.

Unread 03-12-2019, 06:46 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
didn't even look or acknowledge us as he walked round after being subbed.
could he see your sofa

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
could he see your sofa
will be injured in about 3 game times

Unread 03-12-2019, 08:39 AM
Sparky***

replying to your own reply.

Pureception.
Closed Thread