United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-12-2019, 09:27 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Guardiola himself said you can have a great team with a bad manager, but not with bad players. They're the ones out there.

If Ole has this same group, but with Leicester on the badge rather than United, do they do better? I have no doubt the expectations weigh on a player. When you're playing for Manchester United but you know top four is a big ask, it must demoralise everyone. In essence, you have to really believe in something to gain proper confidence.

It must be hard for Ole to make a squad like this feel like Manchester United, and therefore play like it.
Spot on. Leicester players must feel pretty calm taking to the field - expectations remain low, anything more than finishing top half is considered a bonus so they’re free to take risks and not crippled by pressure.

Schneiderlin is another good example in that he’s told people privately he found United suffocating as I think I’ve rambled on about before.

It’s not easy to find players who can deal with the pressure.

Unread 02-12-2019, 09:30 PM
dunk

Schneiderlin must find Everton suffocating too tbh..

Unread 02-12-2019, 09:32 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Spot on. Leicester players must feel pretty calm taking to the field - expectations remain low, anything more than finishing top half is considered a bonus so they’re free to take risks and not crippled by pressure.

Schneiderlin is another good example in that he’s told people privately he found United suffocating as I think I’ve rambled on about before.

It’s not easy to find players who can deal with the pressure.
Yeah it's just a different world. It's basically probably a lot easier to get average players playing great at a smaller club than getting average players to believe they're Manchester United players. They know deep down the potential isn't there with this group.

No wonder we don't have that swagger. The squad knows they're only ever a few matches from the next letdown.

Unread 02-12-2019, 09:32 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Never heard the Gwladwlwys St end belt out Zed Cars full blast pal? It’s like Istanbul on ecstacy.

Unread 02-12-2019, 09:33 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Think a few of us called him on his debut tbh. Looked £#%&!ing terrified, despite being about 26.

Unread 02-12-2019, 09:34 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Did he turn down Bayern, Barca etc?

Far as I remember his last two jobs were 19 games at Lille and two days at Lazio.
I don't know mate, I just threw his name out there. but then it wasn't an entirely serious question on your part was it

Unread 02-12-2019, 09:35 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I don't know mate, I just threw his name out there. but then it wasn't an entirely serious question on your part was it
Tbf it's a decent answer in the sense Bielsa could get a job in China or Qatar. Which I'm sure Pep would do ahead of taking Leeds.

Unread 02-12-2019, 10:12 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Got a new phone. Whichever login I can remember, that's how you have to take me

Damn right! You seen us play recently?
Multiple usernames may mean all your log-ins are banned without warning. Banning this name.

Unread 02-12-2019, 10:29 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
Lost points to Villa, Sheffield United and Bournemouth since then..

A point against Liverpool has barely turned things around.
We weren't discussing whether he'd turned things around. We were discussing the next two games, which everyone just assumes we will lose because a) we're not as a good a side as City and Spurs, and b) Ole is clueless.

But both of these statements cannot be true considering we c) managed a draw against Liverpool.

Ole received a lot of praise for 'outthinking Klopp'.

This has been erased from the Fred collective mind.

Unread 02-12-2019, 10:54 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
What has?

Unread 02-12-2019, 11:06 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
We weren't discussing whether he'd turned things around. We were discussing the next two games, which everyone just assumes we will lose because a) we're not as a good a side as City and Spurs, and b) Ole is clueless.

But both of these statements cannot be true considering we c) managed a draw against Liverpool.

Ole received a lot of praise for 'outthinking Klopp'.

Remember walking out the stadium pissed off with a draw because we surrendered to them in the second half.. think he took Martial off like he did against Sheffield. Did Mourinho outthink Klopp the season before?

Unread 03-12-2019, 01:23 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Think a few of us called him on his debut tbh. Looked £#%&!ing terrified, despite being about 26.
Spurs home wasnt it? He was £#%&!ing dreadful.

Unread 03-12-2019, 02:11 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Spurs home wasnt it? He was £#%&!ing dreadful.
Could be, was definitely at OT.

Cost 35m and we did £#%&!ing well to get back 23m.

Unread 03-12-2019, 03:22 AM
utd99

If the support is so important to a manager struggling to impose a new regime, why do none of them know how to talk directly to the fans? It’s bewildering.

I can only speak for myself, but the number one thing I wanted to hear after that game was that he knew it wasn’t good enough and some of the players weren’t good enough. It’s a shit sandwich, own it. Lay out your vision and do it where everyone can hear, a presser, not some MUTV slot that no one will be watching. Be one of us just for a moment, because the players aren’t going to save your arse, but support in troubled times would. Speak honestly and from the heart and people will understand.

Instead we some diluted version of working hard, Pereira’s improving and league position doesn’t matter. It’s the football version of Brent-speak and just pisses people off even more, because it looks like he doesn’t get it. He might not.

Unread 03-12-2019, 07:42 AM
92ToBury

0 points in two games and they’ll sack him.

Unread 03-12-2019, 09:11 AM
Jethro

Leaks are starting again. It's sad how predictable this all is. Ole goes and the club are rubbing their hands at not needing to spend in January while whatever poor soul comes in takes time to 'asses' the club.

It's all so tiresome.

Unread 03-12-2019, 09:45 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Leaks are starting again. It's sad how predictable this all is. Ole goes and the club are rubbing their hands at not needing to spend in January while whatever poor soul comes in takes time to 'asses' the club.

It's all so tiresome.
To woodward and those who anointed him, sacking and replacing a manager probably has it's benefits. It's expensive, but generates energy. you see how important online presence is to them.

in a away woody will be buzzing. it's shopping time again.

Unread 03-12-2019, 09:54 AM
BoJosRedArmy

Rather that letting ole be the patsy for the next two games how about we get poch in so we have a chance of winning them?

Unread 03-12-2019, 10:42 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro

It's all so tiresome.
He’s come out fighting this morning

“The sources everyone is talking about aren’t sources, they are just made up blatant lies”

I don’t think he’ll be sacked tbh, I think he’s here until the summer at least.

Unread 03-12-2019, 11:05 AM
NedKelly

Mourinho and LVG were both rubbishing the rumours/leaks too. Days later they were gone.
Closed Thread