United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-12-2019, 11:20 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I don't understand where the wages are going Largest wage bill in Europe, more than Barca, Madrid, PSG and City.. How? Were? Who? Why? What the f***?
We pay average players huge money...

Not hard really.

Basically what you get when you back players over the managers and hand out bumper contracts rewarding mediocrity.

Unread 02-12-2019, 11:29 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker

But mummy you said everything would get better overnight

I was joking to be fair. No idea why we pay average players so much money.

I do wonder why people who watched Fergie's lean years can't understand how a rebuild works. He sold some excellent players who simply didn't fit his profile and we suffered.

So yes, Matic is an improvement over Fred and Andy P, but he isn't the right profile. Herrera is tougher, but really, we should be aiming for higher. He wanted first choice wages and wasn't gonna be first choice long term.

Unread 02-12-2019, 03:10 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
Djemba Djemba ? Klebeson ?
on par with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
another one

Unread 02-12-2019, 05:51 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by naes_sean
He's £#%&!ing £#%&!. Worst midfielder I can remember playing for us.
He arguably wasn't even our worst midfielder yesterday, tbh. Not that that says anything much.

OK with The Scottish Player, without him he is lost.

Unread 02-12-2019, 05:55 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
He arguably wasn't even our worst midfielder yesterday, tbh. Not that that says anything much.

OK with The Scottish Player, without him he is lost.
It’s not arguable at all; at least he was working hard covering for Williams again. Pereira is like one of those wall men you set up to practice free kicks on. With a shirt.

Unread 02-12-2019, 06:01 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
It’s not arguable at all; at least he was working hard covering for Williams again. Pereira is like one of those wall men you set up to practice free kicks on. With a shirt.
Even covered for Williams when Williams strayed over to the other wing. He loves him.

Unread 02-12-2019, 06:58 PM
Chester Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by naes_sean
He's f***ing ****. Worst midfielder I can remember playing for us.
not even the worst Brazilian currently 'playing' for us...sadly

Unread 02-12-2019, 07:03 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Even covered for Williams when Williams strayed over to the other wing. He loves him.
Fair play to the guy, he’s very limited but he follows a brief. Probably followed the kid home.

Unread 02-12-2019, 07:05 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Fair play to the guy, he’s very limited but he follows a brief. Probably followed the kid home.

Mam, can Fred come for christmas dinnoh?

Unread 04-12-2019, 10:27 PM
Cream

Unread 04-12-2019, 10:29 PM
AK14

Great performance

Could turn out to be a very good buy this lad...

Unread 04-12-2019, 10:29 PM
Jethro

Scrappy Doo in human form. I like him

Unread 04-12-2019, 10:38 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Great performance

Could turn out to be a very good buy this lad...
As I said after Sunday's match, almost a different player with McTommers beside him

Unread 05-12-2019, 08:35 AM
windy waffles

A couple of shocking passes but a very good game from him.

Unread 05-12-2019, 08:39 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
He has 2/3 mistakes in him every game. But he affects it atleast, gets some decent tackles and balls forward in. The likes of periera and lingard just float around and do nothing

Unread 05-12-2019, 08:42 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
He has 2/3 mistakes in him every game. But he affects it atleast, gets some decent tackles and balls forward in. The likes of periera and lingard just float around and do nothing
I'd be team Ole until I die if he gets rid of those two @#%&!s. They bring absolutely nothing to the squad except beans, beans, beans.

Unread 05-12-2019, 08:47 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
He and The Scottish Player are too rash on the ball as a pair. Both do lots of dirty work but the play isn't great. Can't see a real future with both of them. The opposition last night was awful but against the average defensive Premier League side we need more quality in the pass.

Unread 05-12-2019, 08:58 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
He and The Scottish Player are too rash on the ball as a pair. Both do lots of dirty work but the play isn't great. Can't see a real future with both of them. The opposition last night was awful but against the average defensive Premier League side we need more quality in the pass.
2 more first team CMs and having fred as 4th choice wouldnt be too bad as a core set of midfielders. Its over to woodward now to make it happen

Quote:
I'd be team Ole until I die if he gets rid of those two c***s. They bring absolutely nothing to the squad except beans, beans, beans.
Its scary that our academy can produce such nothing players. Even cleverley used to just play a 5 yard ball sideways and nothing else. I hope garner is different, havnt seen much about him but i know people are talking about him more than chong and gomes

Unread 05-12-2019, 09:29 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Indubitably.

I like the fact he at least tries to thread balls through though. I don't think you could coach the back pass out of Matic at this stage of his career, despite him being a better passer. Also he's not capable of running like Fred for 90 minutes so I can see why he's been sidelined.

Roll on summer.

Unread 05-12-2019, 10:34 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
2 more first team CMs and having fred as 4th choice wouldnt be too bad as a core set of midfielders. Its over to woodward now to make it happen
Agreed. To me they both looks like very useful squad players, although The Scottish Player still has time to grow into something more.
Closed Thread