United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 26-11-2019, 02:39 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
I can't get to grips with him. Infuriatingly lazy but with the ability to do something legitimately world class in a flash.

Hopefully someone can some in and give him some competition for his place in the team.
He’s definitely the type of player that would relish competition.

Unread 26-11-2019, 02:40 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Speaking about Martial (and James) that third goal really was lovely. Confidence and options make a difference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K80F0IHxJhQ

1:40 etc
James is unplayable at times when he's gets going. £#%&! having him running at you after 70 minutes.

The last goal however, James should have just bundled stevens over and taken the free kick.

Unread 26-11-2019, 02:42 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
He’s definitely the type of player that would relish competition.
Fair point

Unread 26-11-2019, 02:43 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
James is unplayable at times when he's gets going. £#%&! having him running at you after 70 minutes.

The last goal however, James should have just bundled stevens over and taken the free kick.
Yep. Nightmare really because he's got good awareness too. First touch is usually positive and into space.

Unread 26-11-2019, 02:47 PM
Neo

Football

Jury still well and truly out on whether this lad can make it as United’s long term number 9.

Would love to see him make it, but he’s been nowhere near convincing enough in his time here so far.

Unread 26-11-2019, 02:52 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Yep. Nightmare really because he's got good awareness too. First touch is usually positive and into space.
He’s got a lot to learn and as daft as it sounds he lacks confidence in his own ability. I think his ability to pick out a cross is akin to Beckham’s but he’s got more pace than Beckham had and should try beating his man more often. People talk about the strikers not having the service from midfield but James put plenty of balls in this season that should have been attacked better.

Unread 26-11-2019, 02:58 PM
shenwen

Quote:
He’s got a lot to learn and as daft as it sounds he lacks confidence in his own ability. I think his ability to pick out a cross is akin to Beckham’s but he’s got more pace than Beckham had and should try beating his man more often. People talk about the strikers not having the service from midfield but James put plenty of balls in this season that should have been attacked better.
Totally agree on his confidence. Early in the season I noticed a reluctance to shoot and would often look to pas responsibility to others. Seeing more now of him taking chances with his one touch offloads and his runs. Going to be some player.

Unread 26-11-2019, 03:05 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
He's quite unusual for someone with such frightening pace as he doesn't just rely on that, even at this early stage. He often gets his head up early and looks for the cross-field pass. Already seems to have a decent connection with Rashford.

Unread 02-12-2019, 02:12 PM
utd99

Does anyone still think this guy is the solution? Is there ever going to be a time where he’s putting in the kind of shift that encourages you to believe he’ll achieve his undoubted potential?

He should be one of the first names on France’s team sheet. He should be lighting up league games on a regular basis. I’m done with this fallacy that it’s just his style and that we don’t understand. I know a lazy @#%&! when I see one, and I don’t think there’s a voice on planet earth that’ll get through to this kid.

Unread 02-12-2019, 02:16 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Does anyone still think this guy is the solution?
yeah, the Martial FC nonces on twitter. Other than that, no. £#%&! him off

Unread 02-12-2019, 02:26 PM
shenwen

Anyone still arguing that one snaky run and fluffed shot per game equals most talented player at the club?

Unread 02-12-2019, 02:28 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Does anyone still think this guy is the solution? Is there ever going to be a time where he’s putting in the kind of shift that encourages you to believe he’ll achieve his undoubted potential?

He should be one of the first names on France’s team sheet. He should be lighting up league games on a regular basis. I’m done with this fallacy that it’s just his style and that we don’t understand. I know a lazy @#%&! when I see one, and I don’t think there’s a voice on planet earth that’ll get through to this kid.
He's lazy and weak.

I joked that he'd cry off after his head clash against Villa. Took him a while but was squinting his eyes when the child Greenwood replaced him.

All the talent in the world but has PSG sub written all over him.

Unread 02-12-2019, 02:34 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
He's lazy and weak.

I joked that he'd cry off after his head clash against Villa. Took him a while but was squinting his eyes when the child Greenwood replaced him.

All the talent in the world but has PSG sub written all over him.
I despise Mourinho, but he wasn’t wrong about everything.

Unread 02-12-2019, 02:41 PM
Sparky***

he'll be 24 by the end of the week.

surely we should be seeing something more by now?

Unread 02-12-2019, 02:41 PM
rubbernecker

Swap him for Rebecca Vardy's husband anyday

Unread 02-12-2019, 02:46 PM
Vedder

Get £#%&!ing rid. Sick of the sight of him.

Unread 02-12-2019, 02:50 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker
Swap him for Rebecca Vardy's husband anyday
Yep. The work rate Vardy puts in makes me sick tbh. Never stops. Martial is a fraud. Bags of skill but absolutely no effort.

Unread 02-12-2019, 03:12 PM
Neo

Thumbs down

One appearance for France in the last 2 years, and only ever scored 1 international goal, which was in a friendly against Italy in 2016.

Giroud is regularly picked ahead of him.

Says it all. Not good enough.

Unread 02-12-2019, 03:24 PM
redhegemony

didn't even look or acknowledge us as he walked round after being subbed.

Unread 02-12-2019, 03:34 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
didn't even look or acknowledge us as he walked round after being subbed.
Closed Thread