United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-11-2019, 12:05 PM
My Name is Heath

Default Pep talk to Bayern

Talk of Pep returning to the Bavarian Munich team and frankly, it makes a lot of sense.

Missus not happy in Manchestoh.

Trev Sinclair pointing out he is being HOUNDED OUT by VAR (I think)

He still has a flat in Munchen.

He'll be gone at the end of the season, nqat.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...Guardiola.html

Unread 13-11-2019, 12:13 PM
Soviet

I’m not sure if I’m surprised or not a club hasnt gone for Wenger on a short term contract at some point. Perhaps Bayern or PSG

Unread 13-11-2019, 12:14 PM
utd99

We should do more to protect him imo. One of the crown jewels of the English game. We shall never see his like again. Sorry when he’s gone...etc etc etc.

Face slapping mongrel.

Unread 13-11-2019, 12:15 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet
I’m not sure if I’m surprised or not a club hasnt gone for Wenger on a short term contract at some point. Perhaps Bayern or PSG
It was mentioned by the commentators during the Bayern game at the weekend. Wenger HAS been linked with the Bayern job. They speculated that he’d been spoken to about taking over til the end of the season but he wanted something more long term than that.

Unread 13-11-2019, 12:17 PM
utd99

Why are we talking about that washed up has-been Wenger? Who cares?

Anyone know what Phil Brown’s up to these days?

Unread 13-11-2019, 12:21 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99

Why are we talking about that washed up has-been Wenger? Who cares?

Anyone know what Phil Brown’s up to these days?
Probably because he’s been linked with a job mentioned in the OP. Mental I know.

Unread 13-11-2019, 12:25 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Probably because he’s been linked with a job mentioned in the OP. Mental I know.
You mean the thread specifically about Pep Guardiola? I see....

Unread 13-11-2019, 12:26 PM
Sparky***

Nah... he'll be off to Juventus once Ronaldo gets Sarri the sack.

Unread 13-11-2019, 12:27 PM
flixton

Did you know that Bayern's coach atm is Herr Flick. Ex Gestapo previously stationed in France?

Unread 13-11-2019, 12:52 PM
utd99

Guardiola is such a huge presence at City that you could see it all unravelling very quickly once he leaves. Same with Klopp and Poch. These next few moves we make are vital. We must get it right.

Unread 13-11-2019, 12:55 PM
Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Guardiola is such a huge presence at City that you could see it all unravelling very quickly once he leaves. Same with Klopp and Poch. These next few moves we make are vital. We must get it right.
Unfortunately, I can't see City making as big a balls up of replacing him, as we have done since Fergie. They'll go for a top European coach, give him top players, and they'll continue to challenge.

Unread 13-11-2019, 01:04 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
Unfortunately, I can't see City making as big a balls up of replacing him, as we have done since Fergie. They'll go for a top European coach, give him top players, and they'll continue to challenge.
City have a far better structure than us these days. They’ll be fine.

Unread 13-11-2019, 01:33 PM
Sparky***

City aren't utterly beholden to Guardiola the way we were with Fergie, they were successful before him and they'll be successful after.

Their infrastructure above the football side of things is far superior and actually works.

They'll get another top coach in and supply them with top players

Unread 13-11-2019, 01:41 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
City aren't utterly beholden to Guardiola the way we were with Fergie, they were successful before him and they'll be successful after.

Their infrastructure above the football side of things is far superior and actually works.

They'll get another top coach in and supply them with top players
or they might be bored of it all

Unread 13-11-2019, 03:04 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
or they might be bored of it all
who ever gets bored of it all?

pep won't be there next season and city will be putting the ground work in now for his replacement.

Unread 13-11-2019, 03:06 PM
ScarFace

why would he bother going back there? pub league which he dominated and was booted out because he was @#%&!y. He will go to Italy next to win another easy title then manage spain

Unread 13-11-2019, 03:16 PM
rustling jimmies

Who cares he’s a shite manager who can’t win anything without huge bundles of cash to throw around.

Unread 13-11-2019, 03:17 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustling jimmies
Who cares he’s a shite manager who can’t win anything without huge bundles of cash to throw around.
And blood bags.

Unread 13-11-2019, 03:39 PM
My Name is Keith

Having the right infrastructure at city is a huge benefit but it was all created to attract pep. Losing him will be a huge blow and it’s not a given that it will be business as usual. They’re never going to drop down the league like we've done but losing one of the acknowledged best coaches in the world won’t be straightforward, just as we’ve found.

Unread 13-11-2019, 06:26 PM
Casanova85

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
Missus not happy in Manchestoh.
Can we blame her for that?

Quote:
Trev Sinclair pointing out he is being HOUNDED OUT by VAR (I think)
And he's right.

Quote:
He'll be gone at the end of the season, nqat.
Oh, no doubt about that; Pep hates to A) rebuild squads from scratch, B) underperform, especially if he also feels certain elements are out of his control (VAR included); also, post-3rd season syndrome: he's the attacking version of Mou (a supernova of two-three seasons, then I'm gone, I'm gone).

He also might feel Bavaria is warmer to federalism-pro/independence than England (he seems hell-bent on being the poster boy of Catalan "independence"); last but not least, he sure is fed up with the "you train a club backed-up by a dictatorship, etc".
Closed Thread