United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-11-2019, 11:12 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
It wasn't random.

Wouldn't want the game to descent into chaos while thousands of men are racially abusing players obvs. But maybe some perspective.
There’s really no way anyone was going to be able to have a conversation with you about this without the moral high horse creeping in at the earliest opportunity was there? Sorry, my mistake.

Unread 10-11-2019, 11:16 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
There’s really no way anyone was going to be able to have a conversation with you about this without the moral high horse creeping in at the earliest opportunity was there? Sorry, my mistake.
It's just a nonsense point.

If a player randomly kicks the ball into a crowd 50 yards away, yeah alright punish him.

If he does it because he's being racially abused, maybe have a word but probably don't send him off.

Genuinely can't believe even the most ardent conservatively inclined could disagree tbh. My mistake, I guess.

Unread 10-11-2019, 11:20 PM
utd99

Quote:
It's just a nonsense point.

If a player randomly kicks the ball into a crowd 50 yards away, yeah alright punish him.

If he does it because he's being racially abused, maybe have a word but probably don't send him off.

Genuinely can't believe even the most ardent conservatively inclined could disagree tbh. My mistake, I guess.
No one’s disagreeing with you about the problem mate; I just don’t think picking a ball up in the middle of a game and booting it into the crowd is going to get anyone -with the possible exception of the racist supporters - what they want.

Ban the @#%&!s; ban the stadiums; ban the teams. Make them pay, but it’s in no one’s interests for the game itself to collapse into chaos.

By the way, I agree he shouldn’t have been sent off, but there needs to be a directive that’s clear to all federations because at the moment it’s directionless. It shouldn’t be fair to expect Sterling or Rashford to put up with it while other players are stopping games.

Unread 10-11-2019, 11:24 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
No one’s disagreeing with you about the problem mate; I just don’t think picking a ball up in the middle of a game and booting it into the crowd is going to get anyone -with the possible exception of the racist supporters - what they want.

Ban the @#%&!s; ban the stadiums; ban the teams. Make them pay, but it’s in no one’s interests for the game itself to collapse into chaos.
It's an emotional reaction. The issue isn't whether it's the best course of action, more whether he should be sent off for it.

Ideally he doesn't kick the ball into (near) a crowd of people behind a fence 50 yards away. But maybe deal with it humanely.

Unread 10-11-2019, 11:26 PM
utd99

Quote:
It's an emotional reaction. The issue isn't whether it's the best course of action, more whether he should be sent off for it.

Ideally he doesn't kick the ball into (near) a crowd of people behind a fence 50 yards away. But maybe deal with it humanely.
Well he shouldn’t have, but the conversation doesn’t end there if it’s a real conversation.

Unread 10-11-2019, 11:45 PM
signed dc

Pep went full on Basil Fawlty

Unread 11-11-2019, 12:09 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Was thinking the same thing myself. Reckon he will give his all to this CL campaign and one last international tournament. Even Messi has been showing signs of it this season, and he’s a year younger than Ronnie. Will be sad to see them gone.
I expect he will finish his playing days somewhere back in Portugal.

Unread 11-11-2019, 12:51 AM
Stickman

Given some of the handballs that have been penalised this season, there's something amiss about the Liverpool hand ball not being awarded as a pen before Fabinho scored.

Yes Liverpool spanked them in the end, but being 1 down to City is a completely different game.

Unread 11-11-2019, 01:40 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Given some of the handballs that have been penalised this season, there's something amiss about the Liverpool hand ball not being awarded as a pen before Fabinho scored.

Yes Liverpool spanked them in the end, but being 1 down to City is a completely different game.
They spanked them in terms of scoreline, but they did what Liverpool often do against these sides which is wait for their mistakes. They want the game to become scrappy. Therefore the first goal is so important.

Don't think City were too hard done by though as under the modern rule Bernardo's handball should have been given first anyway.

Unread 11-11-2019, 03:51 AM
believe

Quote:

Like a flying karate kick to the chest?

Unread 11-11-2019, 07:07 AM
puressence

i do think liverpool will win the league but be better judged after theyve played around 16 games in 36 days in december and early jan

Unread 11-11-2019, 09:47 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Yes I’m sure they’ll be gutted winning their first title in 30 years at a canter plenty of the season to go but they proved last year they can go the long haul, difference this year is City are pretty poor and there’s no way Leicester will sustain a challenge. It’s not a nice scenario but it will happen this year.

They'll be devastated.

Unread 11-11-2019, 09:57 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
i do think liverpool will win the league but be better judged after theyve played around 16 games in 36 days in december and early jan
Agree. Still reckon they'll win the league because I can't see anyone else in the League putting together a run of form that could compete, but their season is setting itself up to (hopefully) implode a little bit.

Unread 11-11-2019, 09:59 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Agree. Still reckon they'll win the league because I can't see anyone else in the League putting together a run of form that could compete, but their season is setting itself up to (hopefully) implode a little bit.
You reckon Liverpool will win the league being 8 points clear of Leciester and 9 of City? Big call that mate. You got balls, I'll give you that.

Unread 11-11-2019, 10:02 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
You reckon Liverpool will win the league being 8 points clear of Leciester and 9 of City? Big call that mate. You got balls, I'll give you that.

I know, bold prediction.

I think what I was trying to say is that by the end of the season it will be closer than it looks at the moment.

Unread 11-11-2019, 02:19 PM
utd99

Collapse of the century nailed on.

In my dreams

Unread 12-11-2019, 03:32 PM
Casanova85

Unread 12-11-2019, 03:58 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casanova85
Jesus.

Unread 12-11-2019, 04:56 PM