Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 11-11-2019, 08:54 PM
armchair

Default progress?

I think so. Vote in the poll.

Unread 11-11-2019, 09:02 PM
jem

had to check the subforum this was listed under.

yes, it's better than under mourinho and we are heading in the right direction - it's inconsistent, injuries don't help and pogba is a terrible disappointment (for anyone who had expectations).

however, real progress would involve being rid of the glazers and having owners for whom winning trophies was actually the number one aim of the club.

oh... and real progress would involve playing 4-3-1-2.

Unread 11-11-2019, 09:09 PM
Bunker Buster

Of course.....

Right track in my opinion...

Still feels on a knife to edge though sometimes, he'll need at least a winter, summer, winter window...

Unread 11-11-2019, 09:10 PM
dunk

Definitely.

Fair to say we have a good 8 or 9 of a first eleven for the first time in years. They’re all a good age and have pace and a desire to work hard. Everything they do is positive in it’s intent and while far from perfect and a bit untidy at times when attacking, you can see what they’re after. We even know who the first 3 or 4 replacements are and where they go. The tombola so beloved of the last 4 managers seems to have been retired..

Desperate to jettison the remaining chaff; properly phase Young out, keep Martial and Rashford fit, get something out of the likes of Lingard (did alright when he came on on Sunday, for me tbf) Rojo (done alright recently, the £#%&!ing liability) and keep introducing the youth, get Tuanzebe in for Lindelof, Greenwood and Williams plenty of minutes etc.

Keep the XI that started Sunday fit and hopefully string a few results together and build that confidence before the window then hopefully add a forward and a midfielder in Jan.

Unread 11-11-2019, 09:10 PM
Patty_b

Progress in action imo, doesn't look or feel it that much on the face of it when compared to last season.

But I look at the squad now and i get the feeling that we have a squad of players who care about playing for Man United and for each other, moreso than we have had in the past 4 - 5 years.

The Scottish Player becoming a midfield beast.
Rashford looks like he's back on track.
Martial seems happier.
Daniel James an absolute steal.
Some shit@#%&!s sold.
Greenwood being introduced.
Williams coming through.
And a few other young players knocking on the door who must believe that they have a chance of getting into the team if they get their heads down and work for it.

Progress under Ole

Unread 11-11-2019, 09:12 PM
Switching Off

Yes. But disappointing when we lose to shite. We're £#%&!ed if Martial goes again.

Unread 11-11-2019, 09:18 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Yes. But disappointing when we lose to shite. We're £#%&!ed if Martial goes again.
I think we need to sign a totem pole in jan who doesn't mind not playing.

pogba is the big decision. put him in instead of andreas/mata/lingard and he would elevate this team.

Unread 11-11-2019, 09:20 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair

pogba is the big decision. put him in instead of andreas/mata/lingard and he would elevate this team.
Yep. New deal and he comes back in and off we go. Or he strikes a deal to GTFO in the summer and gives us a proper 6 month shift to prove himself. If neither of the above, break his other leg.

Unread 11-11-2019, 09:22 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

Aleksandar Mitrović has joined the chat..

Unread 11-11-2019, 09:24 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Aleksandar Mitrović has joined the chat..
Suggested bagging him from Anderlecht as back up to Rooney for a mere £12m back in the day...

Would go for Haaland first, Werner, then the lad from Lyon. Can’t get any of them then maybe big Mitroers..

Unread 11-11-2019, 09:28 PM
Bunker Buster

No way Haaland joins, especially in January....

He's sitting till the Sumner for a big move...

Unread 11-11-2019, 09:32 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
No way Haaland joins, especially in January....

He's sitting till the Sumner for a big move...
Probably.

Getting anyone in January will be nigh on impossible tbh.

Unread 11-11-2019, 09:33 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Probably.

Getting anyone in January will be nigh on impossible tbh.
Awful time for business....

Just hope Ed doesn't want a marquee shite...

Unread 11-11-2019, 09:33 PM
My Name is Keith

Yes unquestionably. Results and our league position suggest otherwise but There’s a very decent young core of players that with the right additions, coaching and bit of luck would elevate the whole thing. I think the next few signings are the most important in the club’s history in a long time - get them right and we’ll start being more like a united team if old again that other teams fear but get them wrong and we could easily stagnate.

Pogs is really difficult one - we know he can be quality but he can’t be arsed to produce it very often and he wants out. Could be a big player for us but the chances of him doing that are so slim it’s hardly worth taking the risk.

Still have to get rid of the shit though - I’d drag lingard out of the club by the neck if I got the chance - ole needs to get rid of shit like that because he’s got to raise the bar of what is expected from our players. £#%&!ing ludicrous for players to think they can get away with delivering so £#%&!ing little. Pogs falls into this category too but at least can be good.

Unread 11-11-2019, 09:38 PM
jem

Quote:
a totem pole in jan who doesn't mind not playing.
a token pole?

Unread 11-11-2019, 09:41 PM
Switching Off

Quote:

Pogba walks straight in at no 10 for me.

Unread 11-11-2019, 09:46 PM
Soviet

Im hoping Woody doesnt panic, and bring in mercenaries or toss. Its key the next 3 or 4 are the right players. Wait until the summer if they arent available.

Unread 11-11-2019, 09:57 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet
Im hoping Woody doesnt panic, and bring in mercenaries or toss. Its key the next 3 or 4 are the right players. Wait until the summer if they arent available.

DdG

AWB - Tuanzebe - Maguire - Williams

The Scottish Player - Fred

James - Pogba - Rashford

Martial

Shaw, Pereira, Lindelof, Rojo, Lingard, Young, Greenwood & Mata in reserve..

Or a version of that looks promising, keeping them all fit and firing with league and 3 cups to go at will be £#%&!ing difficult without reinforcements

Unread 11-11-2019, 10:04 PM
Soviet

Quote:

DdG

James - Pogba - Rashford

Martial

Or a version of that looks promising, keeping them all fit and firing with league and 3 cups to go at will be f***ing difficult without reinforcements
A shrewd signing or two in January could do us the world of good, but theyve got to be the right players or itll set us back yet again, and take us years to get them out, thats my fear.

Id rather have Zlatan back for 5 months, than give a £#%&!er like Mandzukic a 3 or 4 year contract for instance.

Im willing to write this season off, develop, get to the summer, sign the right players.

Basically I dont want Woody to £#%&! up....... thats the top and bottom of it

Unread 11-11-2019, 10:13 PM
jem

Quote:

DdG

James - Pogba - Rashford

Martial

Or a version of that looks promising, keeping them all fit and firing with league and 3 cups to go at will be £#%&!ing difficult without reinforcements
no matic, no garner. hates midfielders, young or old. shameful.
Closed Thread