United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Other Sports & Fitness

Unread 07-11-2019, 04:00 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky View Post
would have been great if you would have listened to me before the season started about going to a bid system for waivers but bent jet bloody hates change
not really. would be nice to know how the system we are using actually works, though. not interested in bidding. even as top dog.

Unread 07-11-2019, 04:10 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem View Post
not really. would be nice to know how the system we are using actually works, though. not interested in bidding. even as top dog.
like I said keep the system broken so you can win I get it

Unread 07-11-2019, 07:42 PM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Not sure why you think he has the edge with this system. He admits to not even understanding how it works. Luckily, I do.

The advantage of waiver priority being reverse order of standings is that is helps keep the league competitive. Itís not a coincidence that itís as tight as it is each year.

I do think bidding for waivers would be good. I donít love the lack of bench spots however. Decent players drafted wisely are being dropped all over the shop due to bye weeks. 6 bench spots and waiver bidding next year is ok by me.

Unread 07-11-2019, 08:06 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy View Post
Not sure why you think he has the edge with this system. He admits to not even understanding how it works. Luckily, I do.

The advantage of waiver priority being reverse order of standings is that is helps keep the league competitive. Itís not a coincidence that itís as tight as it is each year.

I do think bidding for waivers would be good. I donít love the lack of bench spots however. Decent players drafted wisely are being dropped all over the shop due to bye weeks. 6 bench spots and waiver bidding next year is ok by me.
this is the best way I found online to describe what we are f***ing doing.

FAAB is best, as it rewards skill, knowledge, and foresight. It is balanced, fair, and is the only system that provides equal opportunity. It also creates an entirely new and fun mechanic of bluffing bids to opposing team mates, further creating more league interaction. FAAB $ is also a potentially tradable commodity.

Rolling waiver rewards luck and timing. When that league winner is on the waiver and you happen to have the #1 priority, it isn't due to any amount of skill, just luck (and possibly patience) that you happened to still have #1.

Resetting waiver rewards negligence, absenteeism, and inactivity. It handicaps those that are succeeding and puts training wheels on those that aren't. It's the rubberbanding Mario Kart blue shell.

that's us the turds

Waiver Order - Reset Each Week to Inverse Order of Standings

Unread 07-11-2019, 08:15 PM
liamb123

Another vote for bidding here

Can't even be arsed putting a claim in sometimes when I don't think I'll get him

Unread 07-11-2019, 08:24 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by liamb123 View Post
Another vote for bidding here

Can't even be arsed putting a claim in sometimes when I don't think I'll get him
its what god wants.

Going Sunday local news here is worried that the fins may win

Unread 07-11-2019, 08:32 PM
liamb123

Quote:
its what god wants.

Going Sunday local news here is worried that the fins may win
Playing better but there's pretty much no one in the secondary now Howard is on IR. Would imagine big jacobers will carve them up

Not sure they can afford to win another game tbh

Unread 07-11-2019, 08:33 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy View Post

perhaps you have misunderstood. I understand very well how the waiver order works. I knew that someone else would snap up ekeler this morning and I had to rely on 11 of you being as asleep as the aids were in dropping him for my boat to come in.

what I don't understand is how come, having being dropped on friday, he was unavailable to anyone until this thursday. hockenson, for example, was green for go all week-end. ekeler was a frustrating orange. why? isn't there a saturday cut off, too (I have experienced it on previous week-end... you can't swap some players immediately, but they spring into green on a saturday).

that's the bit I don't get. not waiver order or bidding, but the bit where neither applies and you can just grab who you want.

right now, for example, you can't swap in jaylen samuels. but you could have mattison right now, if you wanted. aids dropped samuels this evening, not this morning. I have just claimed samuels and it says the claim will go through on 10th nov.. which is sunday (I'm cancelling it now, in case anyone cares). what I want to know is why ekeler stayed orange all week-end and wasn't available last saturday. or sunday.

Quote:
this is the best way I found online to describe what we are f***ing doing.

FAAB is best, as it rewards skill, knowledge, and foresight. It is balanced, fair, and is the only system that provides equal opportunity. It also creates an entirely new and fun mechanic of bluffing bids to opposing team mates, further creating more league interaction. FAAB $ is also a potentially tradable commodity.

Rolling waiver rewards luck and timing. When that league winner is on the waiver and you happen to have the #1 priority, it isn't due to any amount of skill, just luck (and possibly patience) that you happened to still have #1.

Resetting waiver rewards negligence, absenteeism, and inactivity. It handicaps those that are succeeding and puts training wheels on those that aren't. It's the rubberbanding Mario Kart blue shell.

that's us the turds

Waiver Order - Reset Each Week to Inverse Order of Standings
I'm sure I don't need to say this after my previous exposition, but... it's not about choosing between bidding and waiver order.

Last edited by jem; 07-11-2019 at 08:36 PM.

Unread 07-11-2019, 09:00 PM
waynes ear's

Up for it changing. Nowt wrong with freshening things up

Unread 07-11-2019, 09:17 PM
Stone Monkey

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's View Post
Looking forward to pures weekly Packers update

Last edited by Stone Monkey; 07-11-2019 at 09:24 PM.