United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 08-10-2019, 01:07 PM
My Name is Heath

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
I'm thinking of a team in the premiership who were getting those kind of results....
can you think of a team that got their attack in order than only after that bought in two defenders and are now doing quite well in our league?
Liverpool #ric

Unread 08-10-2019, 05:37 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by boreez
Relegation would at least be something new to which we could look forward.

Otherwise we are probably just going to face another new manager, shit football, and wondering when the cycle will repeat.

But with relegation we will get all that and be in a new league.
We might actually score a few goals, and have winning runs of more than a single game #everycloud

Unread 09-10-2019, 12:03 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
For me, the reason the defence struggled last season was because the midfield and attack were so weak. We should've been building the midfield and adding threat in attack, we've actually further weakened both areas horribly.

Honestly think he had targets, asked the question and they were too expensive or unavailable so decided to buy Maguire as he wanted to come, there was no competition at the price and Leicester were willing to deal.

A competent club capable of scouting and concluding deals swiftly gets 3 players for the price of the cowardly slab.
Thats that then, you're NEVER budging on him

Unread 09-10-2019, 10:10 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Thats that then, you're NEVER budging on him
Still pissed off with him for Sunday tbh. It'll pass.

Unread 09-10-2019, 10:23 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Still pissed off with him for Sunday tbh. It'll pass.
Assuming you’re talking about Maguire? I really don’t think he’s all that. I bet in a years time people are questioning why he’s still making the same kind of mistakes.

Unread 09-10-2019, 10:31 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Assuming you’re talking about Maguire? I really don’t think he’s all that. I bet in a years time people are questioning why he’s still making the same kind of mistakes.
Probably doesn’t help that we’re 9 games into the season and the back 4 changes literally every £#%&!ing game because our players drop like flies.

Unread 09-10-2019, 10:36 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Probably doesn’t help that we’re 9 games into the season and the back 4 changes literally every £#%&!ing game because our players drop like flies.
Plus we can’t score goals or put teams away so sides always fancy their chances against us which puts the back four under constant pressure...
dunk- he should have scored from a corner etc

No way is he worth 80m, but can’t think of many players that actually are. He’s the least of our worry’s imo

Unread 09-10-2019, 10:41 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
He’s the least of our worry’s imo
stick a pampers on and shut the £#%&! up about him then

Unread 09-10-2019, 10:43 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
stick a pampers on and shut the £#%&! up about him then
Okay...

Probably advice for dunk and not me tbf.

Also £#%&! you.

Unread 09-10-2019, 11:03 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Okay...

Probably advice for dunk and not me tbf.

Also £#%&! you.

Unread 09-10-2019, 11:11 AM
My Name is Keith

Focussing on McGuire is just .

Dunk sets his position out on a player and then spends every opportunity possible promoting that opinion regardless whether other players are more deserving of criticism or not. I sense it’s going to be a very long season in any case - but it’s going to be made a lot £#%&!ing longer by dunk mentioning McGuire every 5 mins whilst completely ignoring other players.

That said, I do mention lingard a lot - my defence being that he’s easily the least effective player in our squad and has been for years. Never gets a mention by Dunk though :Koppas:

Unread 09-10-2019, 12:14 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith

Dunk sets his position out on a player and then spends every opportunity possible promoting that opinion regardless whether other players are more deserving of criticism or not. I sense it’s going to be a very long season in any case - but it’s going to be made a lot £#%&!ing longer by dunk mentioning McGuire every 5 mins whilst completely ignoring other players.

That said, I do mention lingard a lot - my defence being that he’s easily the least effective player in our squad and has been for years. Never gets a mention by Dunk though :Koppas:
He's incapable of being objective.

Being seen to be right with a bunch of strangers on the Internet is clearly very important to him.

Unread 09-10-2019, 12:20 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch

Being seen to be right with a bunch of strangers on the Internet is clearly very important to him.
You are

Unread 09-10-2019, 12:26 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith

I've mentioned him when he's had a mare, which he did Sunday, same as anyone else.

Quote:

Atticus post = utter %@#$&!s. Quelle surprise

Unread 09-10-2019, 05:50 PM
red in cumbria

Maguire is better than what we had before.

Whilst that should be the irreducible minimum for any transfer - never mind one that expensive - its something United have all too often not managed recently.

Unread 10-10-2019, 06:05 AM
Coracao

Quote:

He is never wrong ya know.

Unread 10-10-2019, 07:18 AM
rubbernecker

Relegation talk

Unread 10-10-2019, 12:14 PM
utd99

Internationals going on all over the place and all the papers want to talk about is a team currently sitting in the bottom half of the league.

Never ignored.

Unread 10-10-2019, 12:18 PM
waynes ear's

game finished 3 days, 17 hours and 40 odd minutes ago lads

Unread 10-10-2019, 12:39 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
game finished 3 days, 17 hours and 40 odd minutes ago lads
You sat there working that out didn’t you?