United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-07-2019, 09:09 PM
shenwen

Even if Fred and McT have a good season - and I think they will - we still need at least one midfielder. Garner nowhere near ready. Gomes will get more time, but mostly bench.

I could live without a CB if Tuanzabe is played more, but I’m not sure he will. Bailly has moments but unreliable. Smalling and Jones can £#%&! off. Been nearly a decade for both. Too late.

Need a reliable CF as well. Rashford will do well. Greenwood a great prospect. But that’s pretty slim pickings up front.

Think we need two more signings. Hope the club is not getting all Ole at the wheel giddy again because we’ve won a few nonsense preseasons. This squad still not enough for top 4.

Unread 21-07-2019, 09:14 PM
AK14

I’d be happy enough if we actually look like building something tbh and signing Maguire would (IMO) give us a solid foundation

Dave

Awb
Maguire
Linders
Shaw

That’s a good back five and should improve us massively defensively. Would be great if we add a midfielder but can’t see that happening this window and we’ll probably go back for Longstaff next summer for more than what we’ve been quoted this summer

With the young kids looking promising I think we could be onto something in the next couple of seasons.

Unread 21-07-2019, 09:21 PM
waynes ear's

Relegation?

Unread 23-07-2019, 09:20 AM
Lok

2 weeks left and all we've signed is a promising full back and a player from the championship. And all the shit @#%&!s who have been infesting the place are still here.

So £#%&!ing predictable.

Unread 23-07-2019, 09:27 AM
TheFatGoth

Remember "Four in before pre season training starts"

Unread 23-07-2019, 09:41 AM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
2 weeks left and all we've signed is a promising full back and a player from the championship. And all the shit @#%&!s who have been infesting the place are still here.

So £#%&!ing predictable.
Fernandez may be incoming

We need something

The signings so far have been the bare, bare minimum needed

Remember the days of signings like Veron, Rio, RVN?

No offence to the lads signed, but it’s been dish water level of excitement

Unread 23-07-2019, 09:42 AM
Buck

Well the actual pre season has been decent. Young lads making an impression and possibly making the stake that they are good enough now to be in the squad.

Unread 23-07-2019, 09:44 AM
Ranier Wolfcastle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Well the actual pre season has been decent. Young lads making an impression and possibly making the stake that they are good enough now to be in the squad.
Remember LVG's first pre-season?

Unread 23-07-2019, 09:52 AM
elhombre

Quote:
I admire you’re optimism

But it’s pre-season

Unread 23-07-2019, 09:52 AM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranier Wolfcastle
Remember LVG's first pre-season?
Yeah but I think the 5-3 loss to Leicester scarred him a bit. Implementing his philosophy was always going to need time but as a newcomer I believe that game made him think English football is harder than it is. Ole doesn't have that issue. Obviously his CV doesn't come anywhere close but maybe having someone who knows what it takes to be successful at United is more likely to succeed. I am optimistic. If nothing else how amazing would it be for one of Fergie's best ever signings to follow in his footsteps.

Unread 23-07-2019, 09:54 AM
dunk

£#%&! all is happening while they're out on tour. There will be a flurry of activity throughout the league in the last week. Players will leave after the deadline in England.

Unread 23-07-2019, 09:57 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
If nothing else how amazing would it be for one of Fergie's best ever signings to follow in his footsteps.
luckily Ole has no interest in horse racing

Unread 23-07-2019, 09:58 AM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
I admire you’re optimism

But it’s pre-season
Tuanzebe and Greenwood will probably start vs Chelsea. Not two new signings, but two new players in the first team rather than the same old faces.

Unread 23-07-2019, 10:01 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Tuanzebe and Greenwood will probably start vs Chelsea. Not two new signings, but two new players in the first team rather than the same old faces.
Bridging the gap...

Unread 23-07-2019, 11:59 AM
waynes ear's

Its ok lads, Ed's on the case.

Quote:
Ed Woodward will not fly out to China for the last leg of Manchester United's pre-season tour as the club continues to work on two transfers.

Woodward has been present on every pre-season tour since he assumed the executive vice-chairman role in 2013 but will not travel to Shanghai, where United are preparing to play Tottenham on Thursday. United managing director Richard Arnold was in Singapore and has flown onto China.
MEN story.

Unread 23-07-2019, 12:01 PM
Whip Hubley

Chief executive in "actually doing his £#%&!ing job" shocker

If it's true maybe the penny has dropped

Not that the glazers would ever let a penny drop in their presence

Unread 23-07-2019, 12:35 PM
windy waffles

Didn't he do this a couple of years ago to attend urgent transfer business but we ended up with no one?

Unread 23-07-2019, 12:37 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Didn't he do this a couple of years ago to attend urgent transfer business but we ended up with no one?

he ended up with superfast broadband installed at home though. Thats what really matters.

Unread 23-07-2019, 12:38 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's

he ended up with superfast broadband installed at home though. Thats what really matters.

Unread 23-07-2019, 10:32 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Its ok lads, Ed's on the case.

MEN story.
The problem with this #@&%! is he's from the Kenyon school of negotiations. Finds out how much the selling club wants, comes back with a low ball offer, rejected never to return again.

Lets all be honest, whether he stayed behind or not, he's doing £#%&! all to get any deals over the line. That said he must be one of the thickest skinned CEOs around atm. The amount of abuse he's taken in print, on TV and on radio since the season ended has been impressive. About time too.

Simon Stone's a big fan though.
Closed Thread