United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-07-2019, 05:58 PM
Arnold Muhren

Looks like we may have a clear run at the shovel-headed clogger. City fans I work with reckon they’ve found their very own 17-year old De Ligt in this Harwood-Bellis lad. Been pulling up trees on their Far East tour according the Stockport divs.

Unread 22-07-2019, 07:54 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold Muhren
Looks like we may have a clear run at the shovel-headed clogger. City fans I work with reckon they’ve found their very own 17-year old De Ligt in this Harwood-Bellis lad. Been pulling up trees on their Far East tour according the Stockport divs.
His name sounds like an estate agent

What's with all these youngsters and double-barreled surnames?

Unread 22-07-2019, 07:56 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck

Mum and dad aren't together so they stick both surnames on

Unread 22-07-2019, 07:56 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck

Really starting to grind my gears. Brother in law went double barrelled when he got married

Unread 22-07-2019, 08:05 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Really starting to grind my gears. Brother in law went double barrelled when he got married
Stopped at Annandale water on the way back from Scotland the other week, and in the queue for Maccies were a couple newlyweds with matching t-shirt that had "Mr 'double-barreled surname' " and "Mrs 'double-barreled surname'" printed on the back with the wedding date.

It would've been cheaper for them to get "dickless pushover" and "pushy @#%&!" printed on the back instead.

Unread 22-07-2019, 08:07 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Stopped at Annandale water on the way back from Scotland the other week, and in the queue for Maccies were a couple newlyweds with matching t-shirt that had "Mr 'double-barreled surname' " and "Mrs 'double-barreled surname'" printed on the back with the wedding date.

It wouldn't been cheaper for them to get "dickless pushover" and "pushy @#%&!" printed on the back instead.
Or "silv"

Unread 22-07-2019, 08:19 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Or "silv"

Unread 22-07-2019, 08:20 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Or "silv"

Unread 22-07-2019, 09:21 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Stop showing yourself up as a gullible @#%&! who hasn’t a clue.

Unread 22-07-2019, 09:26 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Stop showing yourself up as a gullible @#%&! who hasn’t a clue.
Wait, you’re actually serious that you think journalists and newspapers pay for transfer tips?

That’s not how it works.

Unread 22-07-2019, 09:28 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Wait, you’re actually serious that you think journalists and newspapers pay for transfer tips?

That’s not how it works.
"Hi is that the Daily Mirror?"

"Yes."

"I've heard - i can't say where - that Man United are looking to sign Harry Maguire."

"What?"

"Yes - that'll be £10,000 please."

Unread 22-07-2019, 09:30 PM
Part 36 Offer

This is done for sure.

Unread 22-07-2019, 09:32 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
This is done for sure.
Sounds like someone's been paying for tips...

Unread 22-07-2019, 09:33 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:

That’s not how it works.
Depends what you mean by tips.

Unread 22-07-2019, 10:19 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Depends what you mean by tips.
No it doesn’t

Sorry. You’re just wrong on this. That’s not how newspapers operate.

Unread 22-07-2019, 10:33 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
No it doesn’t

Sorry. You’re just wrong on this. That’s not how newspapers operate.
I’m really not.

Unread 23-07-2019, 08:22 AM
Finport Red

Why would any journalist pay for tips when they can just make stuff up like all the others?

Unread 23-07-2019, 09:05 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
Why would any journalist pay for tips when they can just make stuff up like all the others?
They wouldn’t and they don’t.

Can just see them walking into the editor’s office.

“Hey boss, radio el Bullshit say they have a great transfer tip they can share if we can bung them a couple of grand”

“P45 over there mate”

If anything, it’s the other way around. Clubs and agents taking journos out for lunch and giving them freebies to get their PR angles out there.

Unread 23-07-2019, 09:12 AM
Finport Red

Quote:
They wouldn’t and they don’t.

Can just see them walking into the editor’s office.

“Hey boss, radio el Bullshit say they have a great transfer tip they can share if we can bung them a couple of grand”

“P45 over there mate”

If anything, it’s the other way around. Clubs and agents taking journos out for lunch and giving them freebies to get their PR angles out there.
Even that seems a bit far fetched. I thought they all just operated on the 'throw a lot of mud, see what sticks' method.

Unread 23-07-2019, 09:18 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
Even that seems a bit far fetched. I thought they all just operated on the 'throw a lot of mud, see what sticks' method.
Pure-bot 2.0
Closed Thread