United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-06-2019, 04:27 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Are we seriously going into next season with Marcus as our main striker?
Don’t worry mate. He was being held back by Mourinho/his position/everyone else. Now that he’s cast off whichever of those reasons fits your favourite excuse, he’ll turn into a 25 goal a season striker.

Or not.

Then it’ll be Ole’s fault.

Unread 12-06-2019, 04:33 PM
Neo

Thumbs up

Can see him banging next season.

Will fill out the shirt, and shine as our main man.

20+ Prem goals. Year of the Rash.

Unread 12-06-2019, 05:16 PM
messhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Are we seriously going into next season with Marcus as our main striker?
Looks that way. Buzzing to see how many times he dribbles the ball straight into defenders and how many decent opportunities he completely £#%&!s up. With no one to challenge him for his place it could be a record breaking year for the lad.

Unread 12-06-2019, 05:41 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Can see him banging next season.

Will fill out the shirt, and shine as our main man.

20+ Prem goals. Year of the Rash.

£#%&!ing hate all the neg towards him. Was doing £#%&!ing brilliant until that scouse game when he got injured and tried to play on through it.

Unread 17-06-2019, 03:21 PM
Red Duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by messhead
Just think he's a bit shit tbh. A better Welbeck at best so far.
My point being him thinking he is a superstar, or his advisors seeing an opportunity in us to get him on superstar wages before he has shown himself to be one, to the detriment of the club leaves a lot to be desired.

A better wellbeck is our level currently, and Rashford is still young and developing so who knows how far he can go. At least he is a bit exciting, bit of a prospect. The £#%&!ing lump and the dognonce are the ones who should be getting visits from the MEC/accidental housefire brigade first. Peaked and functionally dead mercenary @#%&!s who are on a massive wedge. Lets not let Rashford become another one

Unread 17-06-2019, 03:27 PM
Cream

Get the feeling Martial is a better striker, in the traditional sense, but lacks the application.

I hope he kicks on this season. Martial can eat a dick.

Unread 17-06-2019, 05:18 PM
Clownbones

Critical season for him IMO.

The first season he'll start as our number one first choice, up front.

No internationals this summer.

No excuses.

He needs support around him like any other striker, but we need to see more than we did from February onwards last year. Some bad habits and potentially bad attitude creeping in.

I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt because he never looked right after that knock against Liverpool, but this season feels like make or break for him.

The real deal or another welbeck.

Unread 17-06-2019, 05:32 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Critical season for him IMO.

The first season he'll start as our number one first choice, up front.

No internationals this summer.

No excuses.

He needs support around him like any other striker, but we need to see more than we did from February onwards last year. Some bad habits and potentially bad attitude creeping in.

I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt because he never looked right after that knock against Liverpool, but this season feels like make or break for him.

The real deal or another welbeck.
He's already miles better than Welbeck will ever be and Rashford now has to lead a line for a team that will do well to finish in the top 6 and struggles to create anything. Think he's still got at least two seasons before we get a sense of how good he can be but if he stays fit would like to see him break the 16 league goal barrier which is the highest Lukaku managed in a team built around him.

Unread 17-06-2019, 05:43 PM
Ethers

Make or break season for a 21-year old. Ok.

Unread 17-06-2019, 05:45 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
And?

We've sold 21 year olds before.

How old does he need to be before we're allowed to have expectations?

Unread 17-06-2019, 05:45 PM
Red Duck

Quote:
It is when hes asking for 350k a week and has a year left on his contract, imo

Unread 17-06-2019, 05:49 PM
messhead

Quote:
Aside from his pace, what does he actually offer? Doesn't seem great at dribbling, doesn't really make intelligent runs, greedy to a fault yet lacks the finishing capabilities of someone like Kane which can justify said greediness... I'd absolutely love him to kick on and prove me wrong, I actually thought he was improving under Mourinho but it's like he's regressed; I genuinely don't think he is a better player than he was 2/3 years ago.

Unread 17-06-2019, 05:51 PM
Ethers

Quote:
And?

There’s a tiny difference between having expectations and something being make or break.

Unread 17-06-2019, 05:51 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
And?

Quote:
Originally Posted by messhead
Aside from his pace, what does he actually offer? Doesn't seem great at dribbling, doesn't really make intelligent runs, greedy to a fault yet lacks the finishing capabilities of someone like Kane which can justify said greediness... I'd absolutely love him to kick on and prove me wrong, I actually thought he was improving under Mourinho but it's like he's regressed; I genuinely don't think he is a better player than he was 2/3 years ago.
see below...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Don’t worry mate. He was being held back by Mourinho/his position/everyone else. Now that he’s cast off whichever of those reasons fits your favourite excuse, he’ll turn into a 25 goal a season striker.

Or not.

Then it’ll be Ole’s fault.

Unread 17-06-2019, 05:55 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
There’s a tiny difference between having expectations and something being make or break.
Is there? It depends what the expectation is. I think, after four seasons, it's not unfair to expect more goals, more consistency in performance and that he is ready to lead the line for this club.

Which, if he can produce, would be pretty close to 'Making it'.

If he has a terrible season, would you expect him to be first choice the following year?

Unread 17-06-2019, 06:17 PM
Bunker Buster

Strange how many people actively want him to fail....

Unread 17-06-2019, 08:55 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Do they?

Unread 17-06-2019, 08:56 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Do they?
That's the feeling I get yes.....

Unread 17-06-2019, 09:00 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Ah the last refuge of the fan-boy.

"You want him to fail".

Pointing out that players aren't doing enough isn't wanting them to fail. He could shut everyone up and remove any arguments what so ever by banging in a respectable number of goals, providing assists and generally showing the qualities of a top forward.

But he isn't. So you have no argument aside from "you want him to fail"

Nobody wants him to fail. But some of us aren't emotionally invested in him to the point where we airbrush reality and deflect all responsibility for his performances onto others.

Unread 17-06-2019, 09:05 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Very sad.

They’re now inventing attitude problems for him too.

Oh, and having a go at home for being friends with Lingard. The bastard.
Closed Thread