United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-03-2019, 11:10 PM
Sparky***

Looks like Bayern and Madrid got some serious rebuilding to do this summer

Unread 13-03-2019, 11:33 PM
vanpalm87

Ajax will get Porto, allowing a shithouse team to final.

Unread 13-03-2019, 11:40 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Looks like Bayern and Madrid got some serious rebuilding to do this summer
That makes 3 of us..

Unread 13-03-2019, 11:47 PM
The Stella Fella

Utd v juve
Spurs v city
Liverpool v Ajax
Porto v barca

YHIHF

Unread 14-03-2019, 12:02 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

City v United
Porto v Ajax
Barcelona v Juve
Liverpool v spurs

Unread 14-03-2019, 12:31 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Barca in 2008 were at the end of the cycle under Rijkaard. Still had some quality but it was a good time to get them.

The problem too often with United has been getting knocked out by shite like Monaco, Leverkusen and Porto. Don't care if Porto won it they are probably the weakest side to win the tournament I can remember. Let ourselves down too often against those sides.
You could argue that showed what an amazing achievement it was by their manager, I suppose? A vital bit of help from a bent official at our place notwithstanding

Unread 14-03-2019, 01:19 AM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
You could argue that showed what an amazing achievement it was by their manager, I suppose? A vital bit of help from a bent official at our place notwithstanding
That's the only match I've ever watched where I was convinced the ref was on the take, could feel it in the stadium. Was a Russian ref who was banned the following season for match-fixing

Unread 14-03-2019, 01:45 AM
guerreiro

Quote:
I reckon that Porto side (with that manager) was the most cynical bunch of cheating bastards I've ever seen. Didn't they beat Celtic in the UEFA the year before and they were going wild at their antics.

Unread 14-03-2019, 01:59 AM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro
I reckon that Porto side (with that manager) was the most cynical bunch of cheating bastards I've ever seen. Didn't they beat Celtic in the UEFA the year before and they were going wild at their antics.
Yup, I didn't watch the Celtic final but I remember had a mate who despised them and even he said he felt sorry for them. As for our match with Porto, something just didn't feel right about the ref and the decisions he was giving. His entire demeanour, hesitating, giving free kicks which even their snide team weren't appealing for, it just felt off.

Unread 14-03-2019, 02:01 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
It was a shocking year in the competition. Perhaps the worst in its modern form. After beating us they did Lyon, Deportivo and then in the final a Monaco side that finished 3rd in France. The standard that season was dreadful, which is why it was a missed opportunity.

Of course winning the CL with Porto is big, but for Mourinho the Inter win was a much bigger managerial feat imo. Serial bottlers - and have reverted to such since - but they knocked out Chelsea, followed by the best side in the modern era, then a Bayern who were in the early stages of rebuilding but still had some great players.

Getting Inter to believe they can win the Champions League is still his biggest accomplishment for me.

Unread 14-03-2019, 02:43 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
That makes 3 of us..
alright Jose.

Unread 14-03-2019, 03:57 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Nah, winning is a habit and all that.

Gone from two dodgy draws to 7 goals in two games again.

They'll win the league and get further than us in Europe.
They’re not going to blow the league at anfield against shite and Bayern Munich were absolute £#%&! in both legs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
That makes 3 of us..
Except our club doesn’t give a shit about a serious rebuild

Unread 14-03-2019, 07:45 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Nah, winning is a habit and all that.

Gone from two dodgy draws to 7 goals in two games again.

They'll win the league and get further than us in Europe.
They were impressive last night, but in their own way so were city a day earlier. And the latter have an admittedly slim advantage in the league now.

Unread 15-03-2019, 12:57 AM
92ToBury

Liverpool vs Ajax
Juventus vs Porto
Man Utd vs Spurs
Barcelona vs Manchester City

Better than the Pakistani cricket team results service.

Unread 15-03-2019, 09:31 AM
Clownbones

What time are we drawing the Scousers then?

Unread 15-03-2019, 09:43 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
What time are we drawing the Scousers then?
we get barcelona at 11 gmt

Unread 15-03-2019, 11:25 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
That's the only match I've ever watched where I was convinced the ref was on the take, could feel it in the stadium. Was a Russian ref who was banned the following season for match-fixing
Genuinely one of the worst offside decisions I've ever seen

Unread 15-03-2019, 11:59 AM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNvf81nN8iM
15 years later and I'm STILL £#%&!ing seething about that

Unread 15-03-2019, 12:04 PM
Hands of Scone

Quote:

Not even close.

Mourinho goes out. Doesn’t get the chelsea job. Doesnt make a reputation on oil money. Doesn’t end up shitting up old trafford.

Unread 15-03-2019, 12:04 PM
dunk

Quote:

incredible when you think about it, it's not even possible to get it wrong, really, he was never beyond the last defender at any point prior to the scoring touch Deffo bent, and I'm not one for conspiracies etc..
Closed Thread