windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
Great shout.

Unread 25-02-2019, 05:42 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
[*]Around 15 seconds before the fatal crash he plunged at a rate of 7,000ft per minute - equivalent to around 90mph;[/list]

Unread 25-02-2019, 07:47 PM
75Red

Quote:
Interim report is out and is pretty damning of the pilot. Key facts:
  • Sala's plane hit the water within 30 metres of losing radar contact and broke into three pieces; The engine was thrown out, the wings snapped and the tail and fin are still missing;
  • Air Accident Investigation Branch report releases chilling images of the Piper Malibu jet 220ft down on of the bed of the Channel
  • Investigators are trying to work out if the plane's instruments were giving the correct altitude readings before hitting the Channel;
  • The plane did not have the permission to carry paying passengers and the pilot David Ibbotson did not have a commercial licence, only a private pleasure licence;
  • Mr Ibbotson took a meandering route to Cardiff and made four descents within minutes of crash because he did not have the qualifications to fly with just instruments in bad weather (and yet went out in a storm );
  • Around 15 seconds before the fatal crash he plunged at a rate of 7,000ft per minute - equivalent to around 90mph;

What's your source for this?

I was a flight engineer (civil aviation) and during the last 15 years I'm working several months of the year as a training consultant for commercial pilots.
The word within the aviation community is that the AAIB has yet to determine Ibbotson's status re his licence, although there are various rumours going around, so I'm interested to know where this info came from.

Unread 25-02-2019, 08:00 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75Red

I was a flight engineer (civil aviation) and during the last 15 years I'm working several months of the year as a training consultant for commercial pilots.
The word within the aviation community is that the AAIB has yet to determine Ibbotson's status re his licence, although there are various rumours going around, so I'm interested to know where this info came from.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-47358572

"The pilot of the plane that crashed with Cardiff City striker Emiliano Sala on board did not have a licence for commercial flights, investigators say.

The Air Accidents Investigation Branch confirmed David Ibbotson held a private pilot's licence, which meant he could not carry passengers for reward.

Its interim report said he could only fly passengers in the European Union on a cost sharing basis."

Unread 25-02-2019, 08:45 PM
elhombre

Quote:

FFS don't tell Koppas this, you'll never get rid of the £#%&!er.

Unread 25-02-2019, 10:47 PM
Seamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
Don’t tell him Pike

Unread 25-02-2019, 10:53 PM
plopborsky

Quote:

Unread 25-02-2019, 10:55 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus
Don’t tell him Pike

Lads ! Wait till he goes the bar, he bloody loves planes FFS..

Unread 26-02-2019, 10:33 AM
windy waffles

Quote:

It was reported in the Daily Mail but I was posted a copy of the report before it was published so I could assist in the case.

But yeah, apology accepted.

Unread 26-02-2019, 10:34 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
It was reported in the Daily Mail but I was posted a copy of the report before it was published so I could assist in the case.

But yeah, apology accepted.
shut up you @#%&!

Unread 26-02-2019, 10:35 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
shut up you @#%&!
Ok.

Unread 25-03-2019, 06:18 PM
Lok

Heating up:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47696561

Unread 25-03-2019, 06:26 PM
TheFatGoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
"...our beautiful bluebird we will love you forever more"

Unread 25-03-2019, 06:29 PM
naes_sean

Unread 25-03-2019, 06:32 PM
Sapien

How unseemly.

Split the difference. There, I've saved you an arbitration process and a bunch of legal fees.

Unread 25-03-2019, 06:46 PM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
How unseemly.

Split the difference. There, I've saved you an arbitration process and a bunch of legal fees.
but cost them each 7.5 mill

Unread 25-03-2019, 07:44 PM
sa7

That £#%&!ing banner

Unread 25-03-2019, 07:58 PM
Albert Tatlock

Isn't there insurance for this sort of thing ?

Unread 25-03-2019, 08:51 PM
MrBishi

Yeah but whose insurance will it be
Still going to be costly for the losing party

Doesn't help that the FAW have a history of bending rules to help out welsh clubs

Unread 25-03-2019, 10:30 PM
TheKitchenSink

Technically Nantes wouldn't be paying any money as the fee is all on Cardiff. They'd just be getting a potentially reduced fee. That said I'd be surprised if Cardiff are allowed to get away without paying. If Sala was registered as a Cardiff player by FIFA then you'd assume they'll have to pay.
Closed Thread