United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-08-2007, 03:50 PM
Lok

Look at it this way:

We could probably sell Fletcher for £7m to some dumb £#%&!s (Bolton, Portsmouth, Newcastle maybe Sunderland) and buy Anelka for £8.5.

We may have no money but we do have players to sell.

Unread 19-08-2007, 03:55 PM
Gazw649

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty

Nobody is saying we have a devine right to win things and it's dsingenuous to suggest people are.

We're saying we have one (ONE) major issue with our squad which will cost us the league if we don't remedy it.

It would take £8m and a few days negotiating to bring Anelka in and solve the issue.

So where's your problem with that?
The problem is we are nearly already 7 points behind Chelsea. That, my freind is the problem.

Unread 19-08-2007, 03:55 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by chorleyred
I can't see anelka being allowed to come to us for 8m, anyone else maybe, but not us
If we let him know that we're interested we could probably get him for about that. If he slaps in a transfer request and refuses to play, Bolton aren't in the position to punish him by sticking him in the reserves.

Unread 19-08-2007, 03:56 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazw649
The problem is we are nearly already 7 points behind Chelsea. That, my freind is the problem.
The chances of Chelsea beating the dippers today is somewhere between slim and none. I'd lay my house on them.

Unread 19-08-2007, 03:58 PM
chorleyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazw649

nearly?

would reckon on 5 myself after this game.

it's still 3 games, the only thing wrong is our scoring, it will come

Unread 19-08-2007, 04:09 PM
Alan

Quote:
nearly?

would reckon on 5 myself after this game.

it's still 3 games, the only thing wrong is our scoring, it will come
Do explain how/when this will occur.

Looking at the 3 showers of shite that United have played so far this season and have barely threatened the goals of, what happens when we play someone half decent?

How much does it take for some people, ferie included, to wake up and smell the coffee.

A striker is an ABSOLUTE MUST. How much more evidence do you need?

Unread 19-08-2007, 04:16 PM
chorleyred

we have strikers, we find ourselves in the unfortunate position most are injured.

if i was a betting man i'd say once we have at least one of them back our fortunes will change and everyone will be on here singing the sides praises

gary
anderson
foster
park
rooney
saha
ole

yeah you're right, we're doomed

Unread 19-08-2007, 04:30 PM
Alan

Quote:
we have strikers, we find ourselves in the unfortunate position most are injured.

if i was a betting man i'd say once we have at least one of them back our fortunes will change and everyone will be on here singing the sides praises

gary
anderson
foster
park
rooney
saha
ole

yeah you're right, we're doomed
2 strikers, made of paper and way past it.

Or maybe Neville is the new O'Shea up front?

Unread 19-08-2007, 04:33 PM
chorleyred

who still contributed immensely to last seasons championship win

Unread 19-08-2007, 04:36 PM
Alan

Quote:
who still contributed immensely to last seasons championship win
But are not doing so at present, and will continue to get further over the hill and mentally ill/continually injured.

Neither can be relied upon.

Unread 19-08-2007, 04:39 PM
chorleyred

it's not fantasy football mate, we spent 50m over the summer strengthening the area we all moaned about last year

yes signing a striker would help at the mo, but it's not like we won't be involved in may.

ive said all summer ole should have been taken off the playing staff, but he wasn't so we just have to get on with it

Unread 19-08-2007, 04:45 PM
Flowers of Manchester

chorely

we cant rely on that @#%&! (to use a phrase from Kev) Saha

how long has he been out? 7-8 months? with what?

great player, and I backed him alot, but im sory end of last season and injured while on holiday or something, he cant be relied.

We need a similar player liek him and hate to say it, Anelka is only one I can think of.

Unread 19-08-2007, 04:48 PM
chorleyred

he's unreliable yes. hopefully this op will have cleared a long term problem

you've also got to look at fergie and the medical staff

he had this injury throughout last season, why only operate so late?

gary nev, same problem, had the injury all season, only done the operation recently

if both had been operated on straight away both would have been playing today

Unread 19-08-2007, 06:32 PM
Alan

Quote:
he's unreliable yes. hopefully this op will have cleared a long term problem
you've also got to look at fergie and the medical staff

he had this injury throughout last season, why only operate so late?

gary nev, same problem, had the injury all season, only done the operation recently

if both had been operated on straight away both would have been playing today
Didn't know it was a brain transplant.

Neville has a calf strain. The op has healed now.
Closed Thread