United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Other Sports & Fitness

Unread 10-01-2018, 12:14 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Doms Three days removed and my legs are still stiff as a board. I suppose I need to up the frequency of doing squats to build up a tolerance?
doms is doms. they dont ever really go away in my experience...

fucking killing me today. 3 * 8 @ 80kg yesterday towards the end of my leg session. felt fine at the time. cant walk today.

Unread 10-01-2018, 12:15 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
doms is doms. they dont ever really go away in my experience...

fucking killing me today. 3 * 8 @ 80kg yesterday towards the end of my leg session. felt fine at the time. cant walk today.
Used my foam roller straight after and shrieked in horror at the pain. Early days with lifting so I am sure it'll get a bit easier.

Unread 10-01-2018, 12:20 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Used my foam roller straight after and shrieked in horror at the pain. Early days with lifting so I am sure it'll get a bit easier.
told you to start light

but yeah even if I have a couple of weeks off, the first session back I'm normally stiff (wahey) for a good 2-3 days after depending on weight and reps.

Providing you do at least 2 sessions a week (ideally 3), you should recover within 24-36 hours as a rule. I did 5x5x100kg high bar back squat on monday and fully recovered today for another session. All about consistency.

Unread 10-01-2018, 12:21 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

did some turkish get ups last night and this morning. embarrassing. they are harder than they look.

Unread 10-01-2018, 12:23 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
told you to start light

but yeah even if I have a couple of weeks off, the first session back I'm normally stiff (wahey) for a good 2-3 days after depending on weight and reps.

Providing you do at least 2 sessions a week (ideally 3), you should recover within 24-36 hours as a rule. I did 5x5x100kg high bar back squat on monday and fully recovered today for another session. All about consistency.
I did get a bit giddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
did some turkish get ups last night and this morning. embarrassing. they are harder than they look.
They're fucking brutal. I like to think I have the technique down. Going to have to swap my kettlebell weight out though as I nearly dropped it on my head the other day.

Unread 03-05-2018, 08:46 AM
Jethro

Found a strength gym down the road. I am sick to fucking death of the pure gym I've been going to. Full of chads and slags. No matter what time in the evening I go on whatever day the same two people are constantly hogging the lifting platform and stay there indefinitely.

For a 5 more a month I'll have access to proper free weights and get proper advice on lifting posture and nutrition.

Unread 03-05-2018, 09:49 AM
silv

Quote:
Found a strength gym down the road. I am sick to fucking death of the pure gym I've been going to. Full of chads and slags. No matter what time in the evening I go on whatever day the same two people are constantly hogging the lifting platform and stay there indefinitely.

For a 5 more a month I'll have access to proper free weights and get proper advice on lifting posture and nutrition.
im at a strength gym and its amazing the difference in people

Unread 03-05-2018, 10:09 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

i don't think i will ever step foot in a standard gym again.

haven't been to one since about 2013

hate them. hate everyone in them.

Unread 03-05-2018, 10:25 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
Fucking hell. Might open one of these 'strength gyms' myself.

'Right class, time for some Venezuelan face the walls'.

*finish online grocery shopping*

Aaaaand rest.
Now, Kashmiri chest rubs. Samantha only, pls.

Peter... stop.

Unread 03-05-2018, 10:27 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Fucking hell. Might open one of these 'strength gyms' myself.

'Right class, time for some Venezuelan face the walls'.

*finish online grocery shopping*

Aaaaand rest.
Now, Kashmiri chest rubs. Samantha only, pls.

Peter... stop.
still 15st pal?