United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-12-2017, 09:20 PM
Kangared

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Well it’s generally down to the midfield to control a game and instead of taking the sting out of the game with some possession football they let it become a bit of a basketball game

Matic himself played a stupid through ball to an offside Lukaku in stoppage time instead of holding onto the ball
Expect much better from someone with his experience
We created enough chances to win 4 games which our attacking players botched badly . Both goals conceded were defensive blunders from all our defenders yet you are blaming our 2 man mid

Unread 27-12-2017, 09:21 PM
jem

matic and pogba is not a midfield, no matter how well they play.

Unread 27-12-2017, 09:39 PM
King Schlong

One of the four or so who actually give a £#%&!. Limited ability but works his %@#$&!s off every time he puts on the shirt and started chipping in with important goals. First 11 on form and well deserved.

Unread 27-12-2017, 09:51 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Yep. £135m central midfield pairing who can’t control games against dross and a £75m striker who barely scores these days.

But I’m sure you’ve been blaming the academy kid, ain’t ya?
Why can’t it be both?

Quote:
Didn’t see the game tbf He has looked frustrated at times this season. Understandably so given he barely gets a game as a striker. Rarely has he not given his best though.

Just madness to focus on him ahead of others who are older and should be taking more responsibility.
He’s a kid playing for Man Utd, he should be prepared to go in goal if that’s what it took.

Focus here, focus there, just don’t focus on the people I like.

Unread 27-12-2017, 10:25 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Why can’t it be both?
Ask Sparks.

I’ve slagged them all tbh. Some give over-hyped big players a pass and give most flack to the kids/fringe players.

Unread 27-12-2017, 11:15 PM
utd99

Quote:
Ask Sparks.

I’ve slagged them all tbh. Some give over-hyped big players a pass and give most flack to the kids/fringe players.
Praise everyone when they deserve it and criticise everyone when they deserve it. I have no time for Lingard but he did well vs Burnley, just as he did against Arsenal. Rasford has been shit recently. Allowances for age and inexperience are fine, but you must see progress as well. He looks like he’s regressing if anything.

De gea is the best ‘keeper in the world, but the @#%&!’s in love with his line. Pogba has no discipline, Rojo is mental etc etc. it;s easy once you get started.

Unread 27-12-2017, 11:49 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Praise everyone when they deserve it and criticise everyone when they deserve it. I have no time for Lingard but he did well vs Burnley, just as he did against Arsenal. Rasford has been shit recently. Allowances for age and inexperience are fine, but you must see progress as well. He looks like he’s regressing if anything.

De gea is the best ‘keeper in the world, but the @#%&!’s in love with his line. Pogba has no discipline, Rojo is mental etc etc. it;s easy once you get started.
Sure, although there are players you expect more from, either because they’re capable of it or because they are experienced enough to be doing better. In both senses I look to guys such as Pogba, Matic, De Gea, Smalling, Mata, Lukaku etc more than I do Rashford or Young.

Rashford should be allowed a lean spell as long as his attitude doesn’t deteriorate too much. Not to say you cannot criticise, just that that’s surely the wider context that with young players you expect periods of poor form.

Unread 28-12-2017, 12:32 AM
croberts

It's bizarre that we can't simply enjoy Jesse for what he is. A home grown lad that puts in more effort than seemingly anyone in the squad, and has a knack for scoring big goals.

I guess that's more an indictment on others, rather than him, but I think he deserves more respect amongst our support relative to what he's contributed.

Least of our problems.

Unread 28-12-2017, 12:51 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
So you honestly think United will sell him in 18 months time?...

Its not that mental a shout. He's not exactly a young Rooney or Ronaldo where the mere suggestion should have the poster sectioned.

Unread 28-12-2017, 05:47 AM
Shade

Quote:
Originally Posted by croberts
It's bizarre that we can't simply enjoy Jesse for what he is. A home grown lad that puts in more effort than seemingly anyone in the squad, and has a knack for scoring big goals.

I guess that's more an indictment on others, rather than him, but I think he deserves more respect amongst our support relative to what he's contributed.

Least of our problems.
He's a squad player at best.

The reason why he is getting some hate on here is because some mongs are over-hyping him up and there's also bias in favour of him because he is home grown. His recent goals have been good of course but it's clear that he is not good enough for a United 1st team. Much like the other shit@#%&!s such as Herrera, Bogbrush, Smalling, Jones, Young, etc.

If United continue to rely on players like Lingard, then it's time for people to lower their standards and stop whining whenever United don't win a game.

Unread 28-12-2017, 06:59 AM
browser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade
lol LVG-driftwood mongs still with the myth that the useless Dutch tosser was solely responsible for "unearthing" Marcus Rashford and not because of the injury crisis that forced him to pick him and throw him into the first team in the hope that it'll work out.
Quote:
I have a philosophy, for example, that I don't want a great or wide squads, because then you cannot give youngsters a chance and now you see a lot of youngsters who can show their quality and you can also win, but it's a big risk.
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.man...l-10956913.amp

Your mams a myth.

Criticise him for the football style but at every single club he coached, he gave youngsters an opportunity you massive flid.

Unread 28-12-2017, 10:09 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Its not that mental a shout. He's not exactly a young Rooney or Ronaldo where the mere suggestion should have the poster sectioned.
It really is

There is no chance united sell Rashford in 18 months ffs.

Unread 28-12-2017, 10:11 AM
jem

Quote:
It really is

There is no chance united sell Rashford in 18 months ffs.
there's every chance.

Unread 28-12-2017, 10:12 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
there's every chance.
Give over

Unread 28-12-2017, 10:29 AM
Clarkie

Quote:
Give over

Wouldn't be the first one we've shipped off...

Not saying we should or shouldn't but, it's possible.

Unread 28-12-2017, 10:32 AM
jem

Quote:
Give over

on what basis would you say they won't? you can rule out any number of reasonably likely scenarios? ok.

maybe he just pisses off the wrong #@&%!.

Unread 28-12-2017, 10:34 AM
andyroo

Luckily we have a manager who doesn't have a long track record of £#%&!ing off young players who don't fit his shit tactics, only for them to thrive elsewhere and make him look like a @#%&! eh?

Unread 28-12-2017, 10:35 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
on what basis would you say they won't? you can rule out any number of reasonably likely scenarios? ok.

maybe he just pisses off the wrong #@&%!.
He's the best home grown prospect the club has had for years. The club will give him time to reach his potential and they will also see him as a marketing tool

No way the club sell him in 18 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Luckily we have a manager who doesn't have a long track record of £#%&!ing off young players who don't fit his shit tactics, only for them to thrive elsewhere and make him look like a @#%&! eh?
Yeah, can honestly see the club allowing Mourinho to sell Rashford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
Wouldn't be the first one we've shipped off...

Not saying we should or shouldn't but, it's possible.
First what?

Footballer?

Well yeah we've sold footballers before...

There is no chance the club sell Marcus Rashford in 18 months time, seriously can't believe people actually think it's even a possibility

Unread 28-12-2017, 10:38 AM
jem

Quote:
He's the best home grown prospect the club has had for years. The club will give him time to reach his potential and they will also see him as a marketing tool

No way the club sell him in 18 months.
and if we drop £300mio on some actual wingers and a centre forward and he's not getting a game and puts in a transfer request? anything could happen. mourinho building his attack around rashers and martial seems one of the less likely options.

Unread 28-12-2017, 10:41 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
and if we drop £300mio on some actual wingers and a centre forward and he's not getting a game and puts in a transfer request? anything could happen. mourinho building his attack around rashers and martial seems one of the less likely options.
Well that's not happening until the summer is it and if it did (hopefully we will sign actual wingers) he'd be used as he should be at this stage of his career, rotation...

He'd get plenty of games and will continue to develop

No way he hands in a transfer request at the end of next season

This looks more like another stick to beat Mourinho with tbf, so for that I'm out.
Closed Thread