United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-11-2006, 03:34 PM
Fatboy Shrek

Default David Jones

All the hype and insistance from people that he was better than O'Shea, Fletcher et al, yet...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ty/6149842.stm

Confirmed.

Wont play for United again, why?

Unread 17-11-2006, 03:55 PM
jem

Default why?

either because fergie is an idiot (fletch is shit) or because he doesn't have the physical stature or mental toughness to make it at united.

I thought he was the new bryan robson; turns out he's the new gerry daly*.

personally, I would have liked to have seen him given a chance. rossi too.

* allowing for the fact that this may seem harsh on daly to some.

Unread 17-11-2006, 03:58 PM
flixton

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
either because fergie is an idiot (fletch is shit) or because he doesn't have the physical stature or mental toughness to make it at united.

I thought he was the new bryan robson; turns out he's the new gerry daly*.

personally, I would have liked to have seen him given a chance. rossi too.

* allowing for the fact that this may seem harsh on daly to some.
Daly was an ace player. Coppell, Daly, Greenhoff and Hill. Great (well nearly) midfield

Unread 17-11-2006, 04:02 PM
forzagarza

Two possibilities:

a) Played well at two loan spells- well enough to get first team outings. Didn't, loses confidence and probably doesn't see the point of being at UNited. Reserve team perfomarmances go down in quality.

b) money issue- won't be a first team regualr so might as well get all the money we can for him/ he didn't sign up to some corrup agecny so Ferguson won't get half his wages.

Unread 17-11-2006, 04:05 PM
Luffy

Jones is a lot like Fletch, who also looked great for reserves etc.

But he was always a step behind and still is. If you sold Fletch and brought in Jones, you would only have the same problems and probably even more.

Unread 17-11-2006, 04:12 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by flixton
Daly was an ace player. Coppell, Daly, Greenhoff and Hill. Great (well nearly) midfield
yes, I said it was harsh on daly. it was more the underweight and went to derby (when they had our second team!) angle.

Unread 17-11-2006, 04:15 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy
Jones is a lot like Fletch, who also looked great for reserves etc.

But he was always a step behind and still is. If you sold Fletch and brought in Jones, you would only have the same problems and probably even more.
I disagree. however, it is pure conjecture because jones never got the chance fletch got. jones could shoot, pass, take men on and tackle. he might (!) not have been new bryan robson quality, but he was new bryan robson style. fletch just runs around a lot.
Closed Thread