United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-05-2013, 03:06 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99
Astonished that some people don't see Sir Alex Ferguson retiring and Moyes taking over as up there with the bad days to be honest. Not so much the Moyes part, but Fergie retiring
Losing the greatest manager in the game > losing a derby match. Apparently

We may have known this was coming, but it's still scary. No Fergie is a very uncomfortable thought, and it'll get worse if Moyes doesn't start well. Of all the many incredible things Fergie achieved, his bottom level for standards is one of the greatest. On the rare occasions that United did finish poorly in the league (rarely lower than 2nd) or went out of Europe early, there was a confidence that we'd be back.

If Moyes gets off to a bad start (meaning a poor first season) we'll have no such assurance that it'll be any better the following season.
So much uncertainty ahead, potentially. It's unsettling.

No matter how long you've had to prepare for it, losing the greatest manager in the game is a bad day, nqat.

Unread 11-05-2013, 03:07 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
I guess that's down to personal outlook... why would anyone concern themselves with the thousands of different 'what ifs' regarding this appointment.

What if City get a competent manager?
What if Chelsea storm back as the force they were behind Mourinho but with arguably a better squad?
What if liverpool turn the corner?
What if Mike Phelan changes his shorts?

Just be grateful we've had fergie and excited to see what the future holds
Well it's not really thousands is it? And there's degrees of likelihood. The first two are likely. The second two - very unlikely.

And why not eliminate the likelihood of the first two by just appointing Mourinho?

Anyway hopefully we can look back and laugh. What WAS the concern?

Laughing at Believe's purple sack when he's become Emir or £#%&!ing Sultan or something.

Unread 11-05-2013, 03:23 PM
believe

cheers grinchers it means a lot at the end of the day we've all got the clubs interests at heart and we all eventually end up in the same place, hopefully.

Onwards and upwards and I for one with Moyes the best of luck.

Unread 11-05-2013, 03:24 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
But what's he seen as a Utd supporter?

He wasn't alive in 58. He wasn't alive in 74. He's only know Ferguson. A lot of us have. Moyes could be an absolute disaster. See the dippers for what can happen to a team of serial winners when the wrong man is appointed.

Yeah we lost CL finals and got dicked by the bitters, but we always had Ferguson for the next season and a belief we would challenge again the very next season.

We've got parasitic owners and are walking into the unknown with a manager who has no track record of not only winning trophies but winning games against top teams.

Believe is thinking forward. He's worried about the potential ramifications of this appointment.

What if City get a competent manager? Will you happy to see Man City win trophy after trophy and essentially replace Utd at the top table for the sake of continuity?
He *has* won a few at Goodison, tbf

Unread 11-05-2013, 03:28 PM
BarryX

Tomorrow will probably be the most emotional day I've ever experienced as a Utd fan (considering I wasn't alive to experience the Munich disaster, first hand). Winning our first Premier League was special. The Champions League OMFG. The 50th Anniversary of Munich was heart wrenching. But saying goodbye to Fergie, after everything he's achieved. I reckon I'll blubber like a little £#%&!ing girl tomorrow. What a £#%&!ing bloke. If Eric was my Jesus, than Fergie was my God.
Closed Thread