United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-03-2007, 09:21 PM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
No mate. Mainly looking back on last weeks game & the reaction from the two cities. The Barca press don't think much of 3-4-3. Neither do I!

Apparently, Bernard Schuster is also being heavily linked to the Real Madrid job. Hadn't heard that before, bit of a surprise.
The thing with the Ajax/dream team system is that you're playing right on the limit, so everyone has to be 100% focused, if one player doesn't do his job properly the whole thing is £#%&!ed. At the moment at lot of players at Barca aren't playing at anywhere close to 100%, I think Rijkaard hoped it would force them to play at a higher level, but on the whole it hasn't really worked out like that.

The Schuster rumour has been doing the rounds for a while now. He's definitely up for it and Madrid seem to be interested. Though it does appear as if he's their back-up option at this point.

Anyway, here's the aforementioned Turk at 10 years old:
[YOUTUBE]kiUA_JriWMs[/YOUTUBE]

Unread 13-03-2007, 09:33 PM
The Watcher

He's not a bad little player! Doesn't like using his right foot though

Using the Dream Team formation just seems silly to me. Football has changed since 1992. Having Xavi and Deco on either flank of the middle four doesn't make much sense to me.

Rijkaard seems to have lost the plot a little since last year. At Stamford Bridge a year ago, he made good tactical changes, including sticking Ronaldinho upfront with Eto, which got them back in the game, eventually winning 2-1. This year, it's 1-1 against the scouse in the first leg, and he takes off his only defense minded midfielder. Threw that game away, when going to Anfield at 1-1 was no major problem.

If he goes back to the old system, with Eto, Messi and Goofy up front, they should piss La Liga.

Unread 13-03-2007, 10:08 PM
Serenity Now

Quote:
He's not a bad little player! Doesn't like using his right foot though

Using the Dream Team formation just seems silly to me. Football has changed since 1992. Having Xavi and Deco on either flank of the middle four doesn't make much sense to me.

Rijkaard seems to have lost the plot a little since last year. At Stamford Bridge a year ago, he made good tactical changes, including sticking Ronaldinho upfront with Eto, which got them back in the game, eventually winning 2-1. This year, it's 1-1 against the scouse in the first leg, and he takes off his only defense minded midfielder. Threw that game away, when going to Anfield at 1-1 was no major problem.

If he goes back to the old system, with Eto, Messi and Goofy up front, they should piss La Liga.
My problem with their implementation of the 3-4-3 system was how the defence was set-up. Thuram should of dropped back to play as a spare man with Puyol and Oleguer as killers, instead they all played as orthodox centre backs. And Marquez should of been more disciplined in his positional play as a screener instead of running about all over the place, he also should have filled-in as a defender when required.

The way they actually played it was never going to work very effectively.

Unread 13-03-2007, 10:13 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
My problem with their implementation of the 3-4-3 system was how the defence was set-up. Thuram should of dropped back to play as a spare man with Puyol and Oleguer as killers, instead they all played as orthodox centre backs. And Marquez should of been more disciplined in his positional play as a screener instead of running about all over the place, he also should have filled-in as a defender when required.

The way they actually played it was never going to work very effectively.
But it does mean they have to score more often. Which is always entertaining

They should still win the League. Real aren't very good and Sevilla never take the opportunity to go top. Valencia didn't look convincing in their last game, but I'd rate them as the biggest possible threat.

Unread 13-03-2007, 10:18 PM
Serenity Now

Quote:
But it does mean they have to score more often. Which is always entertaining

They should still win the League. Real aren't very good and Sevilla never take the opportunity to go top. Valencia didn't look convincing in their last game, but I'd rate them as the biggest possible threat.
To be fair, it's not just Sevilla who bottle it at every opportunity, they're all at it

Barca are definitely favourites, but it's really wide open at this point. Someone just needs to take charge...

Unread 13-03-2007, 10:39 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
To be fair, it's not just Sevilla who bottle it at every opportunity, they're all at it

Barca are definitely favourites, but it's really wide open at this point. Someone just needs to take charge...
I hope it's not Madrid

Unread 13-03-2007, 10:44 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
I hope it's not Madrid
Doubt it, but we'll know in their next game whether they've turned the corner. I seriously doubt that they have.

I don't know what it is with Sevilla. They've beaten Barca, Real and Valencia this season but go and lose to the likes of Mallorca and Nastic.

I think Barca will be fine.

Unread 13-03-2007, 10:51 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Doubt it, but we'll know in their next game whether they've turned the corner. I seriously doubt that they have.

I don't know what it is with Sevilla. They've beaten Barca, Real and Valencia this season but go and lose to the likes of Mallorca and Nastic.

I think Barca will be fine.
Sevilla have played some great stuff the last season or two, I'd be chuffed for them if they won it. But I don't think they have the mental strength to see it through. Villareal and Sociedad (what a £#%&!ing state they're in!) have come close in recent years too, but never had the bottle to see it through.

With Eto back, I can't see past Barca either. Only thing they have left to play for now.

Unread 13-03-2007, 11:05 PM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Anyway, here's the aforementioned Turk at 10 years old:
[YOUTUBE]kiUA_JriWMs[/YOUTUBE]

Christ!

He looks like a top level player already but just a miniature version. A footballing midget if you like. From the clips shown it also seems he's very unselfish which is really surprising for a ten year old with that ability. Sign him up!

Unread 15-03-2007, 08:34 PM
Serenity Now

Maybe the Corriere dello Sports guys read FT
Quote:
Ronaldinho has moved closer to a sensational Milan switch after his brother and agent met Rossoneri officials on Tuesday.

Roberto Assis, who also represents Ricardo Oliveira, flew into the Italian city to officially speak with Oliveira after his kidnapped sister was found safe and well.

However, Assis also dined with Milan Vice-President Adriano Galliani and sporting director Ariedo Braida where they are understood to have discussed his brother’s future.

The Corriere dello Sport reports that the two parties involved are close to reaching an agreement over personal terms, even if convincing Barcelona – who have ‘Dinho under contract until 2011 – to sell is a different matter.

Nevertheless, the newspaper suggested that Assis and Galliani have agreed on a pact which would guarantee Ronaldinho’s move to Milan if he were to leave the Blaugrana.

“Barcelona deserve all our respect, there are no problems and we have an excellent relationship with them,” said Assis.

“My brother, however, cannot deny that he likes Milan. There are many Brazilian players here who form a family and always welcome him warmly, how could you not do the same?”

Galliani, though, is playing it cool and is keen to avoid the kind of confrontations he had with Real Madrid in the summer after they openly courted Kaka through the media.

“I don’t want to put pressure on anyone, Ronaldinho still has three years on his contract and I don’t think there are any problems with the club,” he stated.

“If he decides to change he knows that Milan are here, ready to welcome him, but I do not want another Kaka situation.”

President Silvio Berlusconi, who has made no secret of his wish to see ‘Dinho wear Milan’s jersey, also confirmed that his dream might be close to coming true.

“Ronaldinho could join us and there is a good chance that this will happen,” underlined the former Italian Prime Minister.

Unread 15-03-2007, 08:41 PM
ScarFace

Is sky in Italy now aswel?...it's called skysport and they're the shirt sponsor of one of the teams too...same as our sky?

Unread 15-03-2007, 08:50 PM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Is sky in Italy now aswel?...it's called skysport and they're the shirt sponsor of one of the teams too...same as our sky?
They're seperate legal entities, but the service is very similar and they are owned by Murdoch's NewsCorp (who own around a third of BSkyB equity).

Unread 15-03-2007, 08:58 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Maybe the Corriere dello Sports guys read FT
The football connoisseurs choice of forum
Closed Thread