United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-12-2009, 11:29 PM
dunk

Default Re: 10million euros + Nani + some of Nani's wages for Di Maria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liu Jian
In the other thread myself and Sparky also highlighted the escalating ticket prices and television money. The club has several things in its favour in comparison to when it was a PLC, but back then a much higher proportion of the clubs income went on transfers.
Then, as now, we recouped the vast majority of our transfer outlays with sales. The difference these days is the inflated prices we have to pay are far harder to recoup.

The sale of Ronaldo is distorting the figures in the Glazer years as well.

It's still shit, it was shit as a PLC as well. They are all @#%&!s, because they are all lining the owners pockets, be it the vast majority of shareholders or a diminutive ginger @#%&!.

They will still invest, when and if Fergie deems it necessary.

Unread 29-12-2009, 11:33 PM
Liu Jian

What about in 2013 when we have to pay a whopping £75m to Mr JP Morgan?

To be fair to Uncle Malc, he's probably already started saving up.

Unread 29-12-2009, 11:34 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Then, as now, we recouped the vast majority of our transfer outlays with sales. The difference these days is the inflated prices we have to pay are far harder to recoup.

The sale of Ronaldo is distorting the figures in the Glazer years as well.

It's still shit, it was shit as a PLC as well. They are all @#%&!s, because they are all lining the owners pockets, be it the vast majority of shareholders or a diminutive ginger @#%&!.

They will still invest, when and if Fergie deems it necessary.
We'll see.

Unread 29-12-2009, 11:52 PM
The Watcher

Talking Re: 10million euros + Nani + some of Nani's wages for Di Maria

Quote:
No matter who comes in there is a fair chance they will fail miserably, for whatever reason, so to continually wish for the unknown just to make yourself feel better, rather than giving the manager and the players a chance to show they actually know what they are doing is just daft.
I don't think anything I write on here effects the player or manager. Which is probably for the best!

Quote:
And £#%&!ing boring for those of us who have come to accept, after years of watching these situations pan out under whatever ownership, that at the end of the day, Ferguson knows what the £#%&! he is doing, no matter how his cloth is cut from a transfer budget pov. It's why he is who he is.
You've got me there. My doom ridden hysteria probably is quite boring, but I'd rather vent on here then in real life
Closed Thread