United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-04-2009, 12:14 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
i don't really get this huge love-in for tevez. a real wanderer, never stayed at a club for any length of time, professes to love every club with a blazing passion. good player, great workrate and attitude, sure. but the tevezophilia is just silly at times, especially when you see the stick legends like scholes and giggs get when they have a slump in form.

won't hate him if/when he moves on, but i won't feel any great sadness either.

Unread 24-04-2009, 12:31 PM
borsuk

i have. and it doesn't make any more sense.

Unread 24-04-2009, 01:38 PM
Tumescent Throb

Thumbs up

"tevezophilia"

word of the day

Unread 24-04-2009, 04:03 PM
ScarFace

He and his owners will get alot more money than Liverpool can offer, that's the reason he wont go.

Unread 24-04-2009, 04:04 PM
Crumps

Just rafa and his version of mind games.

Unread 24-04-2009, 04:10 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Just rafa and his version of mind games.
volume III

Unread 24-04-2009, 04:13 PM
eddie_red

United have paid a fee to loan Tevez for 2 seasons and this would presumably be knocked off any figure we'd pay to buy him outright. So am I right in thinking that it would suit Joorabchian/MSI more for Tevez to go to another club so they would pay the whole of what he's worth and not the discounted figure?

Unread 24-04-2009, 04:17 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie_red
United have paid a fee to loan Tevez for 2 seasons and this would presumably be knocked off any figure we'd pay to buy him outright. So am I right in thinking that it would suit Joorabchian/MSI more for Tevez to go to another club so they would pay the whole of what he's worth and not the discounted figure?
Possibly, although I think his market value must have fallen considerably since he signed for us. He's certainly not going anywhere for £32m, put it that way

Unread 24-04-2009, 05:11 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
You appear to think we 'own' him.

He's on loan.

He can go where he likes tbf.
The reality is SAF will have a strong influence on where he goes. And SAF generally gets what he wants.

Unread 24-04-2009, 05:18 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountz
..if so, let's not boo him, that'd be the icing on the cake for them. Warm reception as we know he's been forced out.. confuse them, let them know his affection for us is reciprocated and he's there under sufference.

Thank you.
You're in a dream world there.

Any ex united player who goes to those lot is going to get dogs abuse, and rightly so.

Unread 24-04-2009, 05:21 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
The reality is SAF will have a strong influence on where he goes. And SAF generally gets what he wants.
I don't doubt that he generally does, but... United don't own Tevez, and he'll be available to the highest bidders in the Summer should he be leaving us.

To be fair Tevez does seem to have an affinity to the clubs he's played for, his crossed arms thing when playing West Ham was pretty sickly but if it meant he understood what a club means to him then I couldn't see him joining the Vermin regardless, he'll have a lot of offers.

Unread 24-04-2009, 05:24 PM
dodger

Why would he want to go from our bench to the scousers bench?

Unread 24-04-2009, 05:30 PM
Harfynn Teuport

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie_red
United have already paid what he's worth tbh. Can't see him going to Liverpool anyway - he'd be just as likely to be on the bench there.

Unread 24-04-2009, 05:41 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
I don't doubt that he generally does, but... United don't own Tevez, and he'll be available to the highest bidders in the Summer should he be leaving us.
Of course. But should that come to pass, SAF is going to be in his ear about where he should go, what's best for him and his family, etc. He can still turn down the highest bidders. Look how fast Ronnie changed his tune last summer once SAF got the chance to speak to him directly.

Unread 24-04-2009, 05:51 PM
Harfynn Teuport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Of course. But should that come to pass, SAF is going to be in his ear about where he should go, what's best for him and his family, etc. He can still turn down the highest bidders. Look how fast Ronnie changed his tune last summer once SAF got the chance to speak to him directly.
SAF>

Unread 24-04-2009, 05:55 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Journos are so £#%&!ing lazy.
con£#%&!ingfirmed

expect no hacks to be reporting from OT for the rest of the season

@#%&!s
Closed Thread