United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-03-2009, 03:54 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Really? I thought it must be 'cos he looked like getting sent off.
I did think that, but he was talking to the physio straight away when he came off.

Unread 02-03-2009, 03:55 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
I did think that, but he was talking to the physio straight away when he came off.
Fair enough, was almost certainly a good thing either way. Had become a liability by that point.

Unread 02-03-2009, 03:55 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
He was a threat first half played well but faded as the game went on.It cant be easy for him to play 90 mins then extra time when he is in and out of the side so much.Is it just me who thinks he plays a lot better on the right too?
He cuts in too much on the left. Which is great when he creates some space and manages to get a decent shot off. But too often he loses all momentum and either forces a shot that's not on, or has to shift it back. On the right he's able to get decent balls in a lot more often

Unread 02-03-2009, 03:56 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
He was asking for his handbag back.

Unread 02-03-2009, 03:58 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
He cuts in too much on the left. Which is great when he creates some space and manages to get a decent shot off. But too often he loses all momentum and either forces a shot that's not on, or has to shift it back. On the right he's able to get decent balls in a lot more often
I agree with that. i also think Ronnie is better on the left.

Unread 02-03-2009, 04:04 PM
Part 36 Offer

Sheasy came off with a recurrence of an injury. Up until that he was one of our better players; he was one of our only players who put in some very good tackles and pressured Spurs high up the pitch where they were vulnerable.

He seems to be getting up and down a lot better recently, too. Against Fulham, Inter and Spurs he has provided a very good attacking outlet imo and his link play with Ronaldo is getting much better.

As I have bleated on about for ages, he remains a fantastic squad player who never lets us down and can perform a number of different roles to help the team. Compare that to the attitude of Carragher, for example.

He is on course to be one of our players with the most appearances at the end of the season......again.

Viva John O'Shea

Unread 02-03-2009, 05:13 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick
Sheasy came off with a recurrence of an injury. Up until that he was one of our better players; he was one of our only players who put in some very good tackles and pressured Spurs high up the pitch where they were vulnerable.

He seems to be getting up and down a lot better recently, too. Against Fulham, Inter and Spurs he has provided a very good attacking outlet imo and his link play with Ronaldo is getting much better.

As I have bleated on about for ages, he remains a fantastic squad player who never lets us down and can perform a number of different roles to help the team. Compare that to the attitude of Carragher, for example.

He is on course to be one of our players with the most appearances at the end of the season......again.

Viva John O'Shea

Unread 02-03-2009, 05:39 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:

Viva John O'Shea
Top posting as per usual Carrick.

Unread 02-03-2009, 05:49 PM
Coracao

Going back to the original post, next season is huge for Nani and whether he succeeds at the club. At present, I don't think his prospects look too good. Generally, there will only be one wide position up for grabs, unless we see Ronaldo used as a central striker on a more regular basis, or Ronaldo leaves.

Against better opposition, the spot is generally filled by Park and i think yesterday showed why that is the case, as Evra was left exposed down his flank.

Nani next season has the problem of Tosic coming into the reckoning, and then possibly Lljaic as well (though that will probably be the season after). So, the games that Nani generally does play in, will possibly be reduced even further. I just don't see him ironing out his flaws in the limited games he is going to get. I imagine the club will monitor his situation over the next 12 months, come next summer he will have 2 years left on his contract, usually a time they renew or cut their losses.

Unread 02-03-2009, 07:13 PM
Tronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
a very long way behind park atm
roflroflrofl

Unread 02-03-2009, 07:42 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics
roflroflrofl

top player, ji sung. one of the most underrated players at the club. no surprise he was rested for the mickey mouse cup. fergie knows full well his value to the side.

Unread 05-03-2009, 12:52 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:

He seems to be getting up and down a lot better recently, too.
Against Fulham, Inter and Spurs he has provided a very good attacking outlet imo and his link play with Ronaldo is getting much better.

Viva John O'Shea

Lovely work for Rooney's goal last night.

Sheasy > Maicon

Unread 05-03-2009, 12:56 PM
sullers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics
roflroflrofl
Park isn't 'cool' enough for you is he?

Unread 05-03-2009, 01:00 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sullers
Park isn't 'cool' enough for you is he?
whats that supposed to mean sullers?

Unread 05-03-2009, 01:03 PM
sullers

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
whats that supposed to mean sullers?
That he likes 'cool' players.

Comes across that way.

Park is quality and has shown it time again but still people hate - I can't imagine what reason.
Closed Thread