Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
2 years. I retired but was tempted back by pay as you play contract
are you robbie fowler?

Unread 15-09-2008, 02:34 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
Hello Edmundo. Did you ever give a chimpanzee beer and whiskey?
Come on Ether, with the skills Marlo had he could have been better than Romario, Rivaldo, Ronaldo and Ronaldinho all mixed in to one, with the aggression of Sir Eric of Cantona

Unread 15-09-2008, 02:35 PM
elephantstone

more Pauline Fowler than Robbie

Unread 15-09-2008, 02:37 PM
Stickman

gave it up at 20 and started again at 24. But was fitter at 24 than at 20 so was all good. Had also been playing in alot of 7 a side so had sharpness when i got back into it.

Unread 15-09-2008, 02:38 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
Hello Edmundo. Did you ever give a chimpanzee beer and whiskey?

remember being told before a game..

'are you victor XXXXXXX?, been told to keep an eye on you as if you get in any more trouble, the league chairman wants a word about your participation in our league' (echo league)

even when we play five a side now, always having problems with the ref.
got a red card for a cynical foul a few months ago at powerleague and the £#%&!ing stupid 'im fa registered' ref was trying to get my details from the desk to issue me with a fine.....

Unread 15-09-2008, 02:39 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
gave it up at 20 and started again at 24. But was fitter at 24 than at 20 so was all good. Had also been playing in alot of 7 a side so had sharpness when i got back into it.
7 a-side is for wimps.

top boys play 5 a side.

Unread 15-09-2008, 02:41 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield

my longest lay off was about 3 years(got into the wrong crowds and did alot of street crime) and i lost it.

im £#%&!ing shit now. well still alot better than average but nowhere near on the level i was at.
remember people telling me i was as good if not better than defoe(played against him a few times)

play five a side now but just not as good as before. sluggish, stamina issues etc.
shoplifting from BHS were you?

Quote:
7 a-side is for wimps.

top boys play 5 a side.
confirmed.

Unread 15-09-2008, 02:45 PM
Crumps

Nearly 5 years an counting since I played properly. Not even played 5 a-side for a year. Looking to get back into it when I get my ankle up and running 100%, so if anyone needs a mind bogglingly average and quite slow Right Back/Centre Half with a bit of a nasty streak give me a call.

Unread 15-09-2008, 02:45 PM
Rossi the Red

Quote:
why would i make it up ffs?

no need to turn this into a thread about me.

dont reply.
Not saying you made it up, just sad that you have to mention it whenever we're on the subject of fredsters playing football.

I could name a few names myself who i've played with/played under but don't see the point as i didn't make it.

Unread 15-09-2008, 02:46 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
shoplifting from BHS were you?

confirmed.
we have all been there.

jogging bottoms,rolling with a bus hammer in your pocket, sneaking into cinemas, and other stuff ait worse...

its what growing up in london does to you.

5 a side is for real men. 7 a side encourages passengers.

Unread 15-09-2008, 02:48 PM
Rossi the Red

Quote:
we have all been there.

jogging bottoms,rolling with a bus hammer in your pocket, sneaking into cinemas, and other stuff ait worse...

5 a side is for real men. 7 a side encourages passengers.
Turning your cap peak up, chain hanging out of your t-shirt, standing outside JD sports.

Unread 15-09-2008, 02:49 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
we have all been there.

hahah. the old pointy ended bus window smashers. they £#%&!ing hurt if you get one on the knee or head.

Unread 15-09-2008, 02:50 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
hahah. the old pointy ended bus window smashers. they £#%&!ing hurt if you get one on the knee or head.
yep, you get them on the single decker buses.
they used to come in red i think.

how the £#%&! did you know what they were like?

Unread 15-09-2008, 02:51 PM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick henry
No i wish. total overreaction by the ref and the local FA. @#%&!s to a man. The Hull Sunday Leagues are like murderball on a good day and they give me an 18 month ban for what amounted to a slight headbutt and a so-called assault on the ref, who incidentally was one of there lads and was goading me as he sent me off.

your lucky you can play again

Unread 15-09-2008, 03:00 PM
Stickman

Quote:
7 a-side is for wimps.

top boys play 5 a side.
7's is closer to the reality of 11's so better prep on the ball wise.

Off the ball 5's is better for fitness though.

Unread 15-09-2008, 03:01 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
yep. we would use them to smash up phoneboxes.

just one tap and it will shatter it.

felt so safe with one of them in my sock/pocket
we used to do bus stops mostly. and mash up those 'countdown' thing on the tops of them because, well they were quite new at the time and we were bored.

god, what a little @#%&! i was.

Unread 15-09-2008, 03:01 PM
Grimson

I went 12 years without playing, until I started up again last year. I had been a goalkeeper coach for many of those years, running sessions, serving balls, diving around myself, etc. So I thought going back in goal would be piss easy. What I didn't reckon with was goalkicks - took about 20 the first game and couldn't move my leg next day. Next game it got a little easier, next one after that it was back to normal.

Unread 15-09-2008, 03:03 PM
nick henry

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of Darkness

your lucky you can play again

No Im not. i was harshly dealt with. a headbutt can be 35 days ban more other times.. the "assault" on the ref/there sub was unavoidable in the sense that a saint would have done it given that the "ref" was saying "go on get off. enjoy your ban" whilst smiling and gesturing.

so no i arent lucky i can play again so please keep your loco smilies for someone more deserving.

Unread 15-09-2008, 03:04 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
I went 12 years without playing, until I started up again last year. I had been a goalkeeper coach for many of those years, running sessions, serving balls, diving around myself, etc. So I thought going back in goal would be piss easy. What I didn't reckon with was goalkicks - took about 20 the first game and couldn't move my leg next day. Next game it got a little easier, next one after that it was back to normal.
who did you used to play for again?

Unread 15-09-2008, 03:14 PM
Grimson

Quote:
who did you used to play for again?
Nobody really, one season at Dunfermline, then a few years non league with emergency cover spells at Orient and Brentford, and a few years in the USL in the states.
Closed Thread