Closed Thread

Unread 03-09-2008, 11:53 AM
Dueling Banjos

I've got to stop.

Feeder clubs

Unread 03-09-2008, 12:32 PM
dunk

Pele: Robinho needs counselling after rejecting Chelsea for Man City
Former Brazil striker Pele has told Chelsea they have had a lucky escape after failing to sign Robinho from Real Madrid.

By Giles Mole
Last Updated: 9:42AM BST 03 Sep 2008

Poor advice: In his native Brazil, fans are angered by Robinho's transfer choice Photo: EPA
Robinho moved to Manchester City on transfer deadline day for £32.5 million, catching everyone by surprise, with Stamford Bridge originally thought to be his likely destination.

The 24-year-old engineered a transfer out of the Bernebeu by staging his own press conference on the opening day of the La Liga season, declaring he wanted a move to the Premier League.

With Luiz Felipe Scolari now managing Chelsea, London seemed the only possible option for Robinho, until City snatched the forward from under the nose of Roman Abramovich on a £6m-a-year deal.

Back in Brazil, many supporters have frowned upon Robinho's antics and choice of club.

Even the player's mother, Marina, has said she does not know why he chose to go to City and reject the chance to play under Scolari.

Despite the fact Real were reluctant to sell to one of their Champions League rivals, the Chelsea deal was still expected to go through.

However, when City announced that they had agreed a fee with Real, and coach Bernd Schuster said the striker had not moved for "footballing reasons", it left those in Robinho's native Brazil believing he had let down his country in favour of a quick buck.

Pele said: "Chelsea are lucky. This boy needs some serious counselling. In my view he has been badly advised."

And the criticism was even more stinging from his former club Santos, whose president, Marcelo Teixeira, said: "This is one of the most disgraceful episodes in Brazilian football.

"He is a player who is an idol to children, an example. But he has not acted like one."

Santos general manager, Jose Fernandos, had his two cents worth as well, adding: "We are ashamed at having produced such a player."

Unread 03-09-2008, 12:47 PM
Chorlton74

Some goon on Granada Tonight, last night, all he could say was

"well we're a top 4 club now"

no your not. The team is no different to last year than Phillips and Ribena apart. last time i checked those 2 dont guarantee you top four status. who's to say Ribena wont score til xmas and that the team performs as average as your average newcastle side?

Berbatov got it bang on with his choice of clubs. Playing for the biggest club in the world. a club with prestige, honours and history or play for a club thats just been bought out by a glorified petrol pump attendant (albeit with a few quid) thats done £#%&! all for 34 years in a council house?

be interesting to see how they go on after the next transfer window, but i'll put money on they DONT make the top four.

Unread 03-09-2008, 01:10 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by some boo moon gimp
All of a sudden everyone is talking about salary caps and wage limits.

They are terrified within the sky 4. It would'nt suprise me if Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and trafford tried to rush this through.

On another subject are we in the G14 yet or are we too powerful?
How is it possible to be gloating and bitter at the same time?

Unread 03-09-2008, 01:18 PM
Rhodzy

I can't believe city fans actually believe Ronaldo would want to join them, how deluded can they get.
Anyway they have started a petition against the signing of him.
http://www.petitiononline.com/no2cron/petition.html

Unread 03-09-2008, 01:47 PM
The Devils Trident

You don't need cups to be a massive club, you need massive players and Ronaldo isn't massive enough for us. We're in the big 4 now don't you know

:banana:

Unread 03-09-2008, 01:54 PM
Pop

They believe Fergie will go next season after 'losing out to us'

I know they have always been deluded so I never really took much notice of them but Jesus £#%&!ing wept, some of the stuff on that board is simply unbelievable.

Unread 03-09-2008, 01:56 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Devils Trident
You don't need cups to be a massive club, you need massive players and Ronaldo isn't massive enough for us. We're in the big 4 now don't you know

:banana:
Oh come on, you have to have some fun with them

Unread 03-09-2008, 02:03 PM
Part 36 Offer

I think they have surpassed Liverpool in terms of delusion.

Unread 03-09-2008, 02:11 PM
dodger

What's this about city offering Real a blank cheque for Van Nistelrooy?

Unread 03-09-2008, 02:24 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Do they not realise that the term "big 4" has come from the media as its usually the same 4 teams in the top 4 positions.
Yes they now have shit loads of money but cannot call themselves the biggest club in the world because of it, richest yes, biggest £#%&!ing miles away.
If that was the case QPR would be the 2nd biggest club in the world.

No player worth his salt wll be signing for city, they will buy big names slightly past their best who want £200k a week....shevchenko type players.
I can't see them breaking the top 4 this year and that will only add to the lack of attraction for the likes of the kaka's or messi's of this world.

This could be a £#%&!ing great season.

Unread 03-09-2008, 02:30 PM
Chorlton74

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
Do they not realise that the term "big 4" has come from the media as its usually the same 4 teams in the top 4 positions.
Yes they now have shit loads of money but cannot call themselves the biggest club in the world because of it, richest yes, biggest £#%&!ing miles away.
If that was the case QPR would be the 2nd biggest club in the world.

No player worth his salt wll be signing for city, they will buy big names slightly past their best who want £200k a week....shevchenko type players.
I can't see them breaking the top 4 this year and that will only add to the lack of attraction for the likes of the kaka's or messi's of this world.

This could be a £#%&!ing great season.
they might not break into the top 4 this season, but weren't chelsea in this position when around and about the time of Vialli and Ranieri. You would have never have thought they would have bought the players that they did. Cue Roman. Money will talk and City will get some good footballers in, but they wont be any different than what chelsea have signed. Mercenaries looking for the huge pay day will end up at City. that will be evident signing for a club with no history, no presitge, no style, no class and not in London. Thats where Manchester United differ.

Unread 03-09-2008, 02:33 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chorlton74
they might not break into the top 4 this season, but weren't chelsea in this position when around and about the time of Vialli and Ranieri. You would have never have thought they would have bought the players that they did. Cue Roman. Money will talk and City will get some good footballers in, but they wont be any different than what chelsea have signed. Mercenaries looking for the huge pay day will end up at City. that will be evident signing for a club with no history, no presitge, no style, no class and not in London. Thats where Manchester United differ.
Difference is that Chelsea were getting very close to winning the league, doing well in the champions league and winning cups. Also they have the London factor....the only 2 "world superstars" they have bought ar Ballack and Shevchenko and both were very poor to start with, Ballack last season was excellent.
City are now known by anyone and they would be playing in Manchester which is not a great attraction unless they are coming to United.
Yes money talks but I can see Chelsea ramping up there spending and TBF we look good for a couple of years, young and very talented squad.
I'm not worried one bit by this takeover, they are making themselves (the dr included) look £#%&!ing ridiculous.

Unread 04-09-2008, 12:54 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

I think they actually are taking the piss... out of themselves, thats blue, self depreciating humor for ya...

Unread 04-09-2008, 01:00 AM
magic_cantona

They could lump a billion on the table and players still won't go there.

Ronaldo, Messi ,Torres and Fabregas - none of them would sign up for that shower of shit.

Unread 04-09-2008, 01:25 AM
TreeFiddy

How can they even attempt to gloat at the English and European champions because they have a few loaded sugar daddies?! When they eventually break that barren period since 1976 it will be nice to always remind them that the only reason they managed it was because of some Saudi billionaire with no real affiliation with their comedy club.

Unread 04-09-2008, 01:27 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
How can they even attempt to gloat at the English and European champions because they have a few loaded sugar daddies?! When they eventually break that barren period since 1976 it will be nice to always remind them that the only reason they managed it was because of some Saudi billionaire with no real affiliation with their comedy club.
Another consolation of this marriage made in hell is that most of us will be dead by the time they win anything like us.

Unread 04-09-2008, 01:35 AM
Stone Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
They could lump a billion on the table and players still won't go there.

Ronaldo, Messi ,Torres and Fabregas - none of them would sign up for that shower of shit.

Too £#%&!ing true Magic.

When you talk about the worlds biggest clubs it has nowt to do with money in the true sense of the word.

Clubs like Madrid, Barca and Us could drop two divisions and still get top players to come and play for them.

What the real Top clubs have has taken a hundred years or more to acheive and no amount of money can buy you that.

Like they say, "you can't buy class"

Unread 04-09-2008, 08:55 AM
Chorlton74

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Another consolation of this marriage made in hell is that most of us will be dead by the time they win anything like us.
I can very easily live with that (even though i'll be dead!)

Unread 04-09-2008, 09:28 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

That petition gets funnier. One claims signing ronaldo would be like appointing Roy Keane as manager, he just wouldn't be welcome. Yeah, they'd hate to have a red legend as their boss.
Closed Thread