Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-08-2008, 01:40 PM
Redhod99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics
^^

Spurs fans blaiming Ramos is silly imo.

The board are the ones to blame, they've been making decisions without the managers consent for years now.
They aint blaming Ramos, apparently they are blaming United. Its all our fault they have lost their first 2 games!! I find the whole thing a little bit farcical to be honest.

Its been obvious for a year that Berbatov would come but because some little #@&%! wants to make a name for himself United are struggling for a striker and Spurs are gonna be left with 5 days max to replace 2 top players. I'm sure Ramos is fuming. Had this been done 2 months ago like it should everyone would be happy

Unread 25-08-2008, 01:43 PM
Vic Mackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhod99
They aint blaming Ramos, apparently they are blaming United. Its all our fault they have lost their first 2 games!! I find the whole thing a little bit farcical to be honest.

Its been obvious for a year that Berbatov would come but because some little #@&%! wants to make a name for himself United are struggling for a striker and Spurs are gonna be left with 5 days max to replace 2 top players. I'm sure Ramos is fuming. Had this been done 2 months ago like it should everyone would be happy
Yeah true, but being a North London boy, I hear a lot of Spurs fans bitching because Ramos has been doing the buying not that Commolli geezer. So they're basically saying that hes left them with an unbalanced squad, with just one week to correct it.

Unread 25-08-2008, 01:49 PM
Redhod99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Mackey
Yeah true, but being a North London boy, I hear a lot of Spurs fans bitching because Ramos has been doing the buying not that Commolli geezer. So they're basically saying that hes left them with an unbalanced squad, with just one week to correct it.
Fair enough, you are better placed to comment than me, they can blame who they want but its clear the whole farce is down to Levy.

I still can't fathom how anyone can say United have done anything wrong. We made a bid, they decide to make a massive deal out of it. For us to be compared to Madrid with Ronaldo is beyond a joke, as is comparing Berbatov to Ronaldo, he has kept quiet through the whole thing until last week

Unread 25-08-2008, 01:57 PM
Vic Mackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhod99
Fair enough, you are better placed to comment than me, they can blame who they want but its clear the whole farce is down to Levy.

I still can't fathom how anyone can say United have done anything wrong. We made a bid, they decide to make a massive deal out of it. For us to be compared to Madrid with Ronaldo is beyond a joke, as is comparing Berbatov to Ronaldo, he has kept quiet through the whole thing until last week
Yeah he has acted like a little bitch, especially considering he has no real evidence.

Also, notice that Spurs didnt put up a fight when selling their captain Robbie Keane.

Unread 25-08-2008, 02:00 PM
Elsey

Liverpool did chuck Spurs' charity some cash for the allegations to go away.

Unread 25-08-2008, 02:02 PM
marlo stansfield

o shea is worth about 10m.

so thats 32m for 'berbs'

£#%&! off.

id rather we actually signed tevez this summer and started the season with campbell,rooney,tevez and manucho.

Unread 25-08-2008, 02:11 PM
Whalefish

I like Campbell. Got a lot of enthusiasm. However, pace apart I don't think he has the quality to make it at Utd. I suspect he'll be going back to Hull soon if/when Berbatov arrives.

I'm not going to hold my breath re Manucho either. Carling Cup 'run' awaits for him.

Couldn't care less about O'Shea but don't think he's going anywhere anytime soon. We're hardly strong on numbers at the moment and we need some defensive cover.

Unread 25-08-2008, 03:06 PM
rebelcountyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
I like Campbell. Got a lot of enthusiasm. However, pace apart I don't think he has the quality to make it at Utd. I suspect he'll be going back to Hull soon if/when Berbatov arrives.

I'm not going to hold my breath re Manucho either. Carling Cup 'run' awaits for him.

Couldn't care less about O'Shea but don't think he's going anywhere anytime soon. We're hardly strong on numbers at the moment and we need some defensive cover.
Manucho could be a handy option off the bench, from the little i have seen of him he is a tremendous header of the ball and has an eye for goal, he'd have to improve his all round game but perhaps with the coaching at united he might have a chance.

Unread 25-08-2008, 03:48 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
A lot of people are questioning Ramos now that Spurs are short of central defenders and strikers. For his part, he has said the decision to sell Keane and Defoe was the decision of the board
Ramos has clearly had some imput when it comes to transfers (Cesar Sanchez, for example) but I'm pretty sure Spurs were strongly linked with Modric back in Martin Jol's days at the club. Can't help but think he's not got the same level of influence on those decisions as most manager in English football. Either way, their squad looks hugely unbalanced at the moment.

Unread 25-08-2008, 03:52 PM
BarryX

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred
Manucho could be a handy option off the bench, from the little i have seen of him he is a tremendous header of the ball and has an eye for goal, he'd have to improve his all round game but perhaps with the coaching at united he might have a chance.
I've said it before, he will certainly bring a touch of the unknown with him...a true wildcard that could be used to much effect later on in games...not sure how much pace the lad has...anyone got an idea ?

Unread 25-08-2008, 03:52 PM
Vic Mackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Ramos has clearly had some imput when it comes to transfers (Cesar Sanchez, for example) but I'm pretty sure Spurs were strongly linked with Modric back in Martin Jol's days at the club. Can't help but think he's not got the same level of influence on those decisions as most manager in English football. Either way, their squad looks hugely unbalanced at the moment.
True, I think that its in comparison with Jol who claimed to have had players he didnt want bought for him.

Modric need to be played further up the pitch IMO. I always imagined him playing behind two strikers, but now Spurs havent even got two strikers . Not sure having mini-me grafting in midfield is a good idea.

Unread 25-08-2008, 03:55 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teville
I've said it before, he will certainly bring a touch of the unknown with him...a true wildcard that could be used to much effect later on in games...not sure how much pace the lad has...anyone got an idea ?
He's not shit off a shovel quick if the ANC was anything to go by.

Unread 25-08-2008, 04:03 PM
Vic Mackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
He's not shit off a shovel quick if the ANC was anything to go by.
Funnily enough, I think he may more to offer than Campbell already, even if Campbell is a decent player.

Unread 25-08-2008, 04:13 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
True, I think that its in comparison with Jol who claimed to have had players he didnt want bought for him.

Modric need to be played further up the pitch IMO. I always imagined him playing behind two strikers, but now Spurs havent even got two strikers . Not sure having mini-me grafting in midfield is a good idea.
Completely agree. I haven't watched either of their matches so far but I couldn't believe they were starting Modric and Jenas in a midfield two. When you factor in that they've gone from having four very good strikers with different attributes to having just Darren Bent, their squad looks all over the place these days. That's another reason to doubt Ramos' influence in these matters. He's a smart guy, surely he wouldn't go into the season without a proper defensive midfielder and only one striker

Unread 25-08-2008, 04:19 PM
Stickman

Darren Bent's going to be flogged to £#%&! by the time the leaves are falling off the trees

Unread 25-08-2008, 04:29 PM
Vic Mackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Completely agree. I haven't watched either of their matches so far but I couldn't believe they were starting Modric and Jenas in a midfield two. When you factor in that they've gone from having four very good strikers with different attributes to having just Darren Bent, their squad looks all over the place these days. That's another reason to doubt Ramos' influence in these matters. He's a smart guy, surely he wouldn't go into the season without a proper defensive midfielder and only one striker
Agreed.

Spurs have been poor at the back though. Sevilla were brilliant going forward under Ramos, but defensively they werent too tasty either. Having said that, Hutton has been good for them, and Woodgate has been pretty awesome generally.

I think Arsenal would have to have a fairly dismal season for Spurs to get fourth. Dippers are too strong at the back.

Unread 25-08-2008, 04:53 PM
mr.sitter

Quote:
One insider at Spurs told me on Saturday that the Bulgarian is an intensely private individual who detests the attention which being a footballer brings and who is uncomfortable with the adulation. You only have to hear the shrieks of excitement that greet the sight of even John O'Shea walking through the players' car park at Old Trafford to know that at Manchester United attention and adulation are guaranteed.

Unread 25-08-2008, 04:56 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield
o shea is worth about 10m

I actually like O'Shea.
I don't think he should be allowed ANYWHERE NEAR our midfield, but I don't mind him being a back up defender.

A stoppage time winner at Anfield & a last-gasp, point sealer at Highbury make it impossible for me to hate O'Shea.
I think he's a sound lad too, which is key at United (& the reason Ronaldo should have been kicked out the Club)

..BUT, he aint worth £10mil!....3 at the most.
Closed Thread