United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-07-2008, 05:11 AM
keano's love

Unhappy Andy Cole, the underrated legend!

What a £#%&!ing player he was!! Criminally underrated. I have heard before about how Ruud is a legend and Cole was just a good striker, £#%&! he was! Ruud didn't half acheive and half helped united than cole did, the horse faced git.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2007/feb/01/1

Reading the article above, makes me emotional. When he came back with blackburn to old trafford, it was so sad to see him in another shirt.

And he still has us in his hearts! And looks like he has done what most do. Given United another fan. His son!

"Manchester United is my team, I've got my season tickets and my son loves to watch them now," said Cole.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...9520-20635832/

We have been blessed to have players like Ole, Cole, scholesy, giggsy.

Unread 09-07-2008, 05:14 AM
koppas

He still cost us the league in 1995.

Unread 09-07-2008, 05:15 AM
keano's love

It happens koppas. Hardly one goal can cost a league anyways.

he gets the ball, he scores a goal, Andy Andy Cole

Unread 09-07-2008, 05:17 AM
keano's love

Oh! Our current would be near indefatigable with Cole partnering rooney upfront.

Unread 09-07-2008, 05:20 AM
koppas

Andy Cole in todays team would be sensational. At his peak, anyway.

I have a little resentment towards him though as I really wanted us to sign Stan Collymore and I remember when my dad told me after school: "We've signed someone" and I went mad thinking it was Stan The Man.

The rest, as they say, is history.

Unread 09-07-2008, 05:40 AM
keano's love

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
Andy Cole in todays team would be sensational. At his peak, anyway.

I have a little resentment towards him though as I really wanted us to sign Stan Collymore and I remember when my dad told me after school: "We've signed someone" and I went mad thinking it was Stan The Man.

The rest, as they say, is history.
you only have to see the careers of collymore and andycole to recognize that what happened was good rather than what you wanted to happen!!

Unread 09-07-2008, 05:44 AM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by keano's love
you only have to see the careers of collymore and andycole to recognize that what happened was good rather than what you wanted to happen!!
I'm not denying that.

I was just a massive Stan Collymore fan but, in hindsight, we prob wouldn't have won the treble - but would have won the league in 1995.

Unread 09-07-2008, 06:59 AM
wee man

Quote:
More than Eric cost us the league ??

Unread 09-07-2008, 07:06 AM
History

He's got a higher conversion rate that Shearer motwyw

excluding pens obviously

Unread 09-07-2008, 07:17 AM
keano's love

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
He's got a higher conversion rate that Shearer motwyw

excluding pens obviously
and more medals obviously!!

Unread 09-07-2008, 07:20 AM
History

Quote:
and more medals obviously!!
Who hasnt?

Unread 09-07-2008, 07:49 AM
Fountz

Thumbs down Andy Cole ? Not worthy of being striker for Manchester United

Quote:
What a £#%&!ing player he was!! Criminally underrated.
Cantona knew it, Keane knew it, Sheringham knew it.. we all knew it..

Couldn't trap a bag of cement, awful first touch, couldn't head, extremely one footed, went missing, and when it really mattered usually bottled it.

However he did play his part in our European Cup win in 99.. by coming off with Yorke to allow a couple of real big game players to take the stage.

If we'd really had the courage of our convictions in the mid 90's and put a quality striker ( ie Battistuta or Shearer ) alongside Eric, we'd have at least one more European Cup.

Having said all that, when ever he was played out on the wing, I thought his pace allowed him to be a far better player. What might've been eh !

Andy Cole centre forward for the World's greatest football team ? Don't make me laugh.

Unread 09-07-2008, 07:59 AM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountz

Couldn't trap a bag of cement, awful first touch, couldn't head, extremely one footed, went missing, and when it really mattered usually bottled it.

However he did play his part in our European Cup win in 99.. by coming off with Yorke to allow a couple of real big game players to take the stage.

If we'd really had the courage of our convictions in the mid 90's and put a quality striker ( ie Battistuta or Shearer ) alongside Eric, we'd have at least one more European Cup.

Having said all that, when ever he was played out on the wing, I thought his pace allowed him to be a far better player. What might've been eh !

Andy Cole centre forward for the World's greatest football team ? Don't make me laugh.
You nearly pulled me in there. This will work on others though. 6/10.

Unread 09-07-2008, 08:01 AM
Fountz

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
You nearly pulled me in there. This will work on others though. 6/10.
And 'ere we go.. "you must be on a facking wind-up ?"

No mate.. deadly serious 10/10

Unread 09-07-2008, 08:36 AM
TheNew

Good player, but no more than that. Incredibly frustrating at times.

Unread 09-07-2008, 08:44 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Think Eric Cantona was more guilty of that than anyone else tbh.

One of my favourite ever players Andrew Cole and is apparently ST with his lad who if I'm not mistaken is called Devante.

Unread 09-07-2008, 08:46 AM
Crumps

Thumbs up

Quote:

Stick to posting about your dinner, gardening and listening to Kid's books.

Unread 09-07-2008, 08:50 AM
irk

Quote:
What a £#%&!ing player he was!! Criminally underrated. I have heard before about how Ruud is a legend and Cole was just a good striker, £#%&! he was! Ruud didn't half acheive and half helped united than cole did, the horse faced git.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2007/feb/01/1

Reading the article above, makes me emotional. When he came back with blackburn to old trafford, it was so sad to see him in another shirt.

And he still has us in his hearts! And looks like he has done what most do. Given United another fan. His son!
Quote:
It happens koppas. Hardly one goal can cost a league anyways.

he gets the ball, he scores a goal, Andy Andy Cole
Quote:
Oh! Our current would be near indefatigable with Cole partnering rooney upfront.
Quote:
there's some garbled english in these posts! they make me wonder if they are in fact the musings of an computer programme which have been posted to see if they can pass as the conversation of a real person.

Unread 09-07-2008, 09:37 AM
Fountz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Stick to posting about your dinner, gardening and listening to Kid's books.
Crump's old Boy.. I'll just stick to posting my thoughts on subjects I know about. It may be on the merits of a Cylinder mower over the cheaper Rotary type.. or maybe the ideal Burgundy to accompany Fish.. or perhaps my recollections from my time as a ST holder witnessing an average but pacy striker act like a rabbit in headlights at the prospect of playing up front for by anyone's estimation one of the top five clubs in Europe.

The general groan of disappointment and frustration ringing out all around the ground hasn't left me, as yet another blinding move came to nothing because our number 9 needed an eternity to get it onto his good foot or had mistimed his header so badly that he was actually back down on the ground at the exact moment he should've been making contact.

However I appreciate that he may of once deigned you with his presence and perhaps uttered a few words.. to little old you !... and as a result you will be forever infatuated.

Unread 09-07-2008, 09:39 AM
Ginners

Quote:

stop sitting on the fence, do you or do you not rate him?
Closed Thread