United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-02-2008, 09:48 AM
El Calafate

Default Inter are shit

with or without 10 men, they were pants.

best team in europe?

just shows how shite italian football is.

nft.

Unread 20-02-2008, 09:51 AM
antonin jablonsky

Dunno how they are so dominant in the Italian League, watched some of Real v Roma and that was an excellent match, Roma looked far better than Inter.

Unread 20-02-2008, 09:52 AM
El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Dunno how they are so dominant in the Italian League, watched some of Real v Roma and that was an excellent match, Roma looked far better than Inter.
Milan are the best team in Italy....................when they can be arsed. nft.

Unread 20-02-2008, 09:53 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

They were set up excellent defensive wise but were utter shite going forward. Cambiasso and especially Zanetti were very poor. Shouldn't have been a sending off either.

Unread 20-02-2008, 09:55 AM
El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
They were set up excellent defensive wise but were utter shite going forward. Cambiasso and especially Zanetti were very poor. Shouldn't have been a sending off either.
what got me was how slow they were. nft.

Unread 20-02-2008, 10:03 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate
what got me was how slow they were. nft.
Seemingly a problem with their neighbours too. Arse could batter them, just with pace.

Unread 20-02-2008, 10:09 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

The difference is Milan are far more potent playing that kind of game.

As for Inter, their midfielders last night were;
Cambiasso
Zanetti
Maxwell
Stankovic
Viera

Hardly enterprising.

Unread 20-02-2008, 10:14 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
The difference is Milan are far more potent playing that kind of game.

Yes but their entire defence looks like it's running in strobelighting. Midfield aren't much better.

Unread 20-02-2008, 10:15 AM
S/Side.Red

One of the things that surprised me about last night, aside from the strange choice of most to watch that shite match ahead of the Roma-Madrid one, was that people seemed shocked/disappointed at Inter losing. They are very consistent in Serie A, but their record down the years in the Champions League is plain average. It's been a problem for them, translating domestic form to Europe, for a while now and they should never be fancied against a big side in the CL.

The result was not a shock in the least and there is, of course, minimal chance of them turning it around.

Unread 20-02-2008, 10:54 AM
Smeggs

the period before the sending off was telling, a very average dipper side just played at the kind of pace we are used to in england every week and inter looked like a rabbit caught in the headlights, all over the place they were , couldn't string 4 passes together.

viera was dogshit when he came on.

Unread 20-02-2008, 11:06 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeggs
the period before the sending off was telling, a very average dipper side just played at the kind of pace we are used to in england every week and inter looked like a rabbit caught in the headlights, all over the place they were , couldn't string 4 passes together.

viera was dogshit when he came on.
I thought Inter defended very well in all honesty, soon as they lost Materazzi to the ref's ego they reverted to type & thought scraping through 0-0 would see them OK at home.

Liverpool did the right thing mind, steaming in at them at 100mph to start with, they still created absolutely £#%&! all except for Torres' one on one, which was from a ricochet rather than any footballing ability. The first was a lucky deflection, the 2nd a cracking hit from Gerrard.

Vieira was shit because he's played no football this season, & something like 17mins in the CL all in. Plus he's old.

If Inter score first over there & get the same charity from the ref I'd still back them to go through. Liverpool simply wont score in the San Siro, whether they can defend the lead is up for debate.

Wish I watched the Roma - Madrid game but my flatmate is a Notts County fan & likes to see the "English sides"

Unread 20-02-2008, 11:09 AM
marlo stansfield

inter were getting into their stride just as the ref sent one of their players off.

they would have won the game imo.

its like if we go to the san siro today. for the first 20-25 minutes we wont be comfortbale but as the game goes on you guage your opponents then play.

Unread 20-02-2008, 11:41 AM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield
inter were getting into their stride just as the ref sent one of their players off.

they would have won the game imo.

its like if we go to the san siro today. for the first 20-25 minutes we wont be comfortbale but as the game goes on you guage your opponents then play.
You were right about Ibrahimovic though. He's transformed from the slapped arse I saw a couple of years ago.

Unread 20-02-2008, 11:49 AM
Zorg

Never been a big fan of Italian football to be honest, bores me to tears.

I switched it on on Channel five the other week and I kid you not, within seconds Totti had gone down clutching his face without being touched, then two more ridiculous dives brought free kicks and players pretending to brandish cards at the ref.

Absolute £#%&!ing yawn fest.

Unread 20-02-2008, 12:06 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
You were right about Ibrahimovic though. He's transformed from the slapped arse I saw a couple of years ago.
Into a vaguely sulky, totally anonymous, almost ghostlike figure.

Unread 20-02-2008, 12:24 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

There's only one thing worse than Italian football, and that's Italian people.

Unread 20-02-2008, 12:25 PM
Smeggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
I thought Inter defended very well in all honesty, soon as they lost Materazzi to the ref's ego they reverted to type & thought scraping through 0-0 would see them OK at home.

Liverpool did the right thing mind, steaming in at them at 100mph to start with, they still created absolutely £#%&! all except for Torres' one on one, which was from a ricochet rather than any footballing ability. The first was a lucky deflection, the 2nd a cracking hit from Gerrard.

Vieira was shit because he's played no football this season, & something like 17mins in the CL all in. Plus he's old.

If Inter score first over there & get the same charity from the ref I'd still back them to go through. Liverpool simply wont score in the San Siro, whether they can defend the lead is up for debate.

Wish I watched the Roma - Madrid game but my flatmate is a Notts County fan & likes to see the "English sides"
ditto. see grimsby town fan for my flatmate

Unread 20-02-2008, 12:26 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
There's only one thing worse than Italian football, and that's Italian people.
There's only one thing worse than Italian people and that's the Italian Army.

Unread 20-02-2008, 02:00 PM
Serenity Now

Italy - Champions of the World.
Milan - Champions of Europe.
Milan - Club World Cub champions.

Since the introduction of the Champions League format in 1992, Italian clubs have won the competition four times and finished runners-up six times. In that time English clubs have won it twice and finished runners-up twice.

The Italian national team have won the World Cup four times and finished runners-up twice. They have won the European Championships once and finished runners-up once. They have also won the Olympic gold medal once. England have won one World Cup and never reached the final of any other international competition.

Italian football is shit.

Unread 20-02-2008, 02:03 PM
Whalefish

It certainly isn't shit, but it does tend to bore the pants off me.

Last night Inter looked like they came for a draw and after the sending off they were always going to struggle.

I know he has his fans but I still struggle to see a point in Cruz.

Didn't see who was on their bench since I slept for most of the game but was Suazo, Crespo or that young Ghana lad available?
Closed Thread