Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-02-2008, 05:13 PM
legendary saf

Default Does Ferguson hate Carrick

Seriously?

He's been our best CM in the last few weeks

IGNORED again.

Scholes shouldnt be playing till hes fully fit imo and the partnership for midfield should be Carrick - Anderson for the time being.

The midfield is the key to winning games and today it once again failed to control proceedings.

Unread 10-02-2008, 05:14 PM
magic_cantona

Any thoughts on how much we missed Rooney today, @#%&!y?

Unread 10-02-2008, 05:14 PM
Rhodzy

Do you hate Rooney?

Unread 10-02-2008, 05:15 PM
legendary saf

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Any thoughts on how much we missed Rooney today, @#%&!y?
We missed him today as much as we missed him since after the Aston Villa game....

Why dont you ask him why he performed that pathetic dive last week when he clearly said he 'doesn't dive' ? Just as hypocritical as the other Scouse media darling, Gerrard.

Unread 10-02-2008, 05:16 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendary saf
We missed him today as much as we missed him since after the Aston Villa game....

Why dont you ask him why he performed that pathetic dive last week when he clearly said he 'doesn't dive' ? Just as hypocritical as the other Scouse media darling, Gerrard.

What a prize @#%&! you are.

Unread 10-02-2008, 05:17 PM
Coracao

can everyone not put this @#%&! on ignore?

Unread 10-02-2008, 05:43 PM
Tiberian

Amazed that he was dropped today, he has been our best midfielder in recent games. Scholes and Anderson were dominated.

Unread 10-02-2008, 05:45 PM
shadowplay

There was a bit in one of the fanzines recently saying Fergie wasn't a bit happy with Carricks attitude around the training ground of late. Shame, that , as he has been playing very well of late.

Excellent finish today , too.

Unread 10-02-2008, 05:46 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowplay
There was a bit in one of the fanzines recently saying Fergie wasn't a bit happy with Carricks attitude around the training ground of late. Shame, that , as he has been playing very well of late.

Carrick is a superb player.

Maybe he's a 'needs an arm around the shoulder' player.He's very important for us.

Unread 10-02-2008, 05:49 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Carrick is a superb player.

Maybe he's a 'needs an arm around the shoulder' player.He's very important for us.
A Newcastle player..................?

Unread 10-02-2008, 05:51 PM
legendary saf

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowplay

Unread 10-02-2008, 06:38 PM
Whalefish

It should be him and Anderson starting the next few games. It won't be though.

Unread 10-02-2008, 06:40 PM
Sparky***

you should all know by now that when fergie has options in terms of players available, he cannot help but £#%&! around with it and make decisions that fly in the face of all logic.

Unread 10-02-2008, 06:41 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
It should be him and Anderson starting the next few games. It won't be though.
Thought it was a bit odd starting Scholes and Anderson as we look unbalanced without a genuine 'holding' midfielder.

Unread 10-02-2008, 06:43 PM
MJ Ramone

The fact we have so many options in central midfield is the reason why it's so hit&miss right now.
Before the game I said it should be Scholes & Anderson.

On reflection, it probably should have been Hargreaves & Carrick because City were always going to be physical.

All over the pitch we were shit today though.

Unread 10-02-2008, 06:46 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Thought it was a bit odd starting Scholes and Anderson as we look unbalanced without a genuine 'holding' midfielder.
Yup. Against a decent midfield five (and they are, no matter how much I hate them) it was always going to be a struggle. Thought Scholes was shocking. Him and Giggs should be impact players now, coming off the bench or only playing against cannon fodder. They don't have the energy against decent opposition.

Unread 10-02-2008, 06:49 PM
legendary saf

Too much sentiment around Giggs, if he wasn't chasing a record he wouldn't be playing much...

Scholes still has a lot to offer though, but he's just come straight back from injury. Would prefer if he was slowly bedded into the side. I'll admit I was one of them wanting him to start the game but perhaps I underestimated City's midfield. Scholes clearly couldnt keep up.

Unread 11-02-2008, 08:00 PM
Part 36 Offer

Why the £#%&! did he leave it so late to bring Hargreaves and Carrick on?

Unread 11-02-2008, 10:08 PM
legendary saf

This man deserves more respect

Unread 11-02-2008, 10:20 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendary saf
This man deserves more respect

He is under-rated I agree, but he needs to step it up a lot more himself.
He's got the ability.

I want to see less 'wallflower' performances from him & more influential ones.
The oversubscribed nature of our central midfield has cost us dear in recent weeks. The constant chopping & changing has confused matters.

Scholes would get in my alltime Manchester United 11. I rate him as highly as any player I've seen at United, but maybe he shouldn't have been rushed back into the team (easy to say in hindsight ofcourse)

The constant juggling of Hargreaves, Carrick, Scholes & Anderson isn't good for the team.
But, to be honest I can't decide which 2 I'd play on Saturday against Arsenal either.
Closed Thread