United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-12-2007, 11:11 AM
Barca '91

Default Liverpool v United

Liverpool will win this one - they know they have to if they are going to make any challenge for the title. They lost to United twice last year but Liverpool created a whole host of chances in the matches and were a little bit unfortunate, I feel.

Why people get excited about these games, though, I will never know. They are never good games to watch - they are absolutely awful!

The words of football oracle, Mr Mark Cornelius Lawrenson

Unread 14-12-2007, 11:13 AM
antonin jablonsky

Coulda sworn it was Whalefish.

Unread 14-12-2007, 11:14 AM
carlosartorial

Lawrenson is quite a good tipster, actually.

His predictions in the Mirror on a Saturday are usually not far wrong.

Hopefully he is wide of the 'mark' (ha ha ha) on this occasion.

Unread 14-12-2007, 11:15 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Coulda sworn it was Whalefish.
I don't recall Liverpool creating a load of chances in either match last season. They had one or two good opportunities at Anfield (Crouch's header for starters) but I just can't remember many more.

Unread 14-12-2007, 11:19 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
I don't recall Liverpool creating a load of chances in either match last season. They had one or two good opportunities at Anfield (Crouch's header for starters) but I just can't remember many more.
I meant the general sentiment babe.

Unread 14-12-2007, 11:46 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
I meant the general sentiment baby.

Unread 14-12-2007, 11:49 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
I didn't :-

[YOUTUBE]bVj7gu55i3E[/YOUTUBE]

Unread 14-12-2007, 11:49 AM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barca '91
Why people get excited about these games, though, I will never know. They are never good games to watch - they are absolutely awful!
I don't agree that they are awful but I hate the games against the vermin...

They seem to take it out of me.

Unread 14-12-2007, 11:53 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
I didn't :-

[YOUTUBE]bVj7gu55i3E[/YOUTUBE]
great stuff babe

Unread 14-12-2007, 12:46 PM
Fatboy Shrek

£#%&!ing idiot. " A host of chances". We £#%&!ing mullered them at OT and kept them in check at Anfield before sending super sub on.

Unread 14-12-2007, 05:19 PM
Gizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy Shrek
£#%&!ing idiot. " A host of chances". We £#%&!ing mullered them at OT and kept them in check at Anfield before sending super sub on.
I read this just now on BBC and thought was he watching a different game at OT to me as im sure they hardly showed up?

Unread 14-12-2007, 05:23 PM
Barca '91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizza
I read this just now on BBC and thought was he watching a different game at OT to me as im sure they hardly showed up?
They didnt. The @#%&!y kopites that I unfortunately know we're livid at not just getting beat but by the lack of any effort from their @#%&!ish @#%&!s of players.

Cant remember them having a single chance in that game. I was wasted though.

Unread 14-12-2007, 05:38 PM
Gizza

Quote:
They didnt. The @#%&!y kopites that I unfortunately know we're livid at not just getting beat but by the lack of any effort from their @#%&!ish @#%&!s of players.

Cant remember them having a single chance in that game. I was wasted though.
I vaguely recollect a far post header from Dirk @#%&! but very weak and straight at Edwin, other than that it was the least nervous i can remember being during a united-dippers match in a while - one so close for sure. i felt quite at ease when we put four on them in '03!

I am already nervous for Sunday, and will feel it all the way thru the game unless we are 2/3 up at half time.

Unread 14-12-2007, 05:40 PM
Barca '91

we'll be reet Giz

Unread 14-12-2007, 05:56 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Liverpool will win this one - they know they have to if they are going to make any challenge for the title.
Knowing you have to win a game is no guarantee that you will win it. Otherwise nobody would ever lose Cup finals, semifinals, relegation/promotion playoffs, etc. In fact, the pressure of that very knowledge can cause some players to perform below standard. Stupid argument. But then Lawrenson is biased.

Unread 14-12-2007, 06:00 PM
Gizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Knowing you have to win a game is no guarantee that you will win it. Otherwise nobody would ever lose Cup finals, semifinals, relegation/promotion playoffs, etc. In fact, the pressure of that very knowledge can cause some players to perform below standard. Stupid argument. But then Lawrenson is biased.
I thought the same thing, but that's his opinion. Just surprised he got off the fence for once as the big games for BBC he always says a draw - his prediction for arse-chels is 0-0.

Unread 14-12-2007, 06:04 PM
Sloppy

They had plenty of possesion at Anfeild but didnt create much.We battered them at home.

Unread 14-12-2007, 06:12 PM
The Return of JC

Lawrenson gets it no more correct than any of us. He regularly gets about 7 results right and a couple of perfect scorelines.

He stupidly predicted Reading would take something off Arsenal last week and thought we'd lose at Villa too (4-1 )

He's generalising with his comments. Liverpool were diabolical at OT and created absolutely nothing. In fact, I was quite alarmed at how shit and lacklustre they were. At Anfield I remember them dominating possession and territorially, but not creating many chances. I remember the Crouch header ,the disallowed goal and an over hit simple ball for a tap in for Bellamy in the first half.

I think Agger missing tomorrow could be crucial. The pace and movement of the front three should be too much for Hyypia and if we can isolate him in wide areas then we have the players to exploit the gaps.

We must be positive. If we sit back, the crowd will get behind them and lift them, but if we're in their faces and aggressive and pacey then I think we'll prevail because Liverpool don't pass the ball well. Pressure them and they'll gift possession back to us.

We did it well at the Emirates and a repeat performance should be enough for at least a draw.

Remember, we're better than they are so we will win if they all do their jobs properly and express themselves.

Unread 14-12-2007, 06:18 PM
£#%&! KFC

2-1 United

just hope Anderson plays and not Carrick .....we need to go for it

Unread 14-12-2007, 06:18 PM
Gizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Lawrenson gets it no more correct than any of us. He regularly gets about 7 results right and a couple of perfect scorelines.

He stupidly predicted Reading would take something off Arsenal last week and thought we'd lose at Villa too (4-1 )

He's generalising with his comments. Liverpool were diabolical at OT and created absolutely nothing. In fact, I was quite alarmed at how shit and lacklustre they were. At Anfield I remember them dominating possession and territorially, but not creating many chances. I remember the Crouch header ,the disallowed goal and an over hit simple ball for a tap in for Bellamy in the first half.

I think Agger missing tomorrow could be crucial. The pace and movement of the front three should be too much for Hyypia and if we can isolate him in wide areas then we have the players to exploit the gaps.

We must be positive. If we sit back, the crowd will get behind them and lift them, but if we're in their faces and aggressive and pacey then I think we'll prevail because Liverpool don't pass the ball well. Pressure them and they'll gift possession back to us.

We did it well at the Emirates and a repeat performance should be enough for at least a draw.

Remember, we're better than they are so we will win if they all do their jobs properly and express themselves.
Great post and very well said, just hope your right and we perform like we can cos we should win then; as you said - we are the better team.

Re Lawrenson, wasn't arguing against his predictions, but he's never very
optimistic? always draws and low scoring games esp when big 4 meet, and of course, he's right.
Closed Thread