United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-11-2007, 12:28 PM
antonin jablonsky

Default If Arsenal offered a swap deal, Fabregas for Anderson.

Would you do it?

Unread 16-11-2007, 12:28 PM
puressence

100%

Unread 16-11-2007, 12:29 PM
Whalefish

No thanks.

True fact.

carlosartorial

Yes, but I would keep Anderson.

motwyw

The Real Roxanne

What the £#%&! has this got to do with no fun???

Unread 16-11-2007, 12:30 PM
dunk

Not a £#%&!ing chance!

Unread 16-11-2007, 12:31 PM
toseeunited

no way!! £#%&! him!!

anderson is a red now!!

Unread 16-11-2007, 12:32 PM
antonin jablonsky

I wouldn't, though I'm not sure why.

Unread 16-11-2007, 12:34 PM
The Mull

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Roxanne
What the £#%&! has this got to do with no fun???

Unread 16-11-2007, 12:34 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
I wouldn't, though I'm not sure why.
It's the hair.

Unread 16-11-2007, 12:36 PM
UnitedRoad

Default anyone

who is being honest would say yes.

I wouldn't trade Rooney, Ronaldo or Tevez, nor Ferdinand or Vidic.

Other than that, they could take their pick for a player of that quality. Even though Evra is the best LB in the league, it's easier to replace a LB than it is to find a playmaker of Fabregas' quality. Giggs, Scholes, G Nev at this stage of their career? No question - Fabregas has the future. Hargreaves, Anderson, Nani, yep - I'd trade one of them for Fabregas because he's got the edge individually on all of them.

Having said that, Adebayor for Saha, Hleb for Giggs, Rosicky for Fletcher and Sagna for Brown are the only trades with Arsenal I'd do. Maybe Gallas or Toure for Silvestre....

Unread 16-11-2007, 12:36 PM
Winston Smith

Fabregas has been tainted with the same Arsenal classlessness that Henry developed. A complete lack of magnamity.

Unread 16-11-2007, 12:37 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnitedRoad
who is being honest would say yes.
I'm being honest and I wouldn't and I still don't know why.

Unread 16-11-2007, 12:37 PM
dunk

Whisper it, but Anderson is going to be a better player than Fabregas.

He has more to his game. Look how he is performing after 3 months, 2 of which he was unfit. Fabregas has had nearly 3 years to get used to playing in this country. Plus He is quicker, stronger and can dribble, in addition to his passing and suprisingly impressive defensive abilities, that and his energy is and agression is a joy to behold.

I'm not saying he is better now!

Either way, they are going to be mainstays of the Best In The World lists for years to come.

Unread 16-11-2007, 12:38 PM
The Return of JC

No.

Not because one is better than the other, but Anderson is ours and we have a team that's working for us and looks like being successful.

I never like the idea of just swapping unless it's a total no brainer because one is ours and pivotal to what we do and the other is likewise for the other team.

I wouldn't swap any of our pivotal players for any others, I don't think.

Unread 16-11-2007, 12:40 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Whisper it, but Anderson is going to be a better player than Fabregas.

He has more to his game. Look how he is performing after 3 months, 2 of which he was unfit. Fabregas has had nearly 3 years to get used to playing in this country. Plus He is quicker, stronger and can dribble, in addition to his passing and suprisingly impressive defensive abilities, that and his energy is and agression is a joy to behold.

I'm not saying he is better now!

Either way, they are going to be mainstays of the Best In The World lists for years to come.
You are correct.

Unread 16-11-2007, 12:41 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
No.

Not because one is better than the other, but Anderson is ours and we have a team that's working for us and looks like being successful.

I never like the idea of just swapping unless it's a total no brainer because one is ours and pivotal to what we do and the other is likewise for the other team.

I wouldn't swap any of our pivotal players for any others, I don't think.
I'd swap O' Shea for a bag of chips, not Steve Finnan though.

Unread 16-11-2007, 12:42 PM
marlo stansfield

at the end of next season anderson will be commonly known as the better midfielder of the two.

anderson will be our main cm next season. no stories, ifs or buts. it will be anderson and one other.

Unread 16-11-2007, 12:51 PM
Gavp

Id be up for it

Anderson would not be thought

Unread 16-11-2007, 12:55 PM
UnitedRoad

Default some serious

red tinted spectacles on here

Fabregas is the business at the moment and will be for years to come. I'd trade the certainty for the possibility in a heartbeat
Closed Thread