Closed Thread

Unread 04-05-2023, 09:26 AM
dunk

Default PSG fans hounding Neymar out

Just got protest fever atm over there

Hope he lands at Chelsea.

Unread 04-05-2023, 09:54 AM
AK14

The most overrated footballer I’ve ever known.

Unread 04-05-2023, 09:55 AM
ZiggyStardust

PSG fans look a happy bunch these days, I wonder who owns them.....oh yeah

Unread 04-05-2023, 10:10 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
I'd disagree based on his trophy count, achievements on a personal level & the fact I've watched him play football.

But he is a massively overindulged weapons grade fanny of a player that should have delivered more in reality.

He's just a fundamentally unlikeable ratbag compared to say Ronaldinho - but if you stack them up against each other Neymar's achieved more.

Obviously football is a touch more nuanced than who's got the most goals / assists / goals from freekicks etc but Neymar has more in every department just for comparison, alongside trophies - World Cup aside.

He's by far one of the most gifted & naturally talented players I've ever seen.

Just wouldn't want him anywhere near United given his nature, regardless of ability.

Unread 04-05-2023, 11:26 AM
Rorschach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
I'd disagree based on his trophy count, achievements on a personal level & the fact I've watched him play football.

But he is a massively overindulged weapons grade fanny of a player that should have delivered more in reality.

He's just a fundamentally unlikeable ratbag compared to say Ronaldinho - but if you stack them up against each other Neymar's achieved more.

Obviously football is a touch more nuanced than who's got the most goals / assists / goals from freekicks etc but Neymar has more in every department just for comparison, alongside trophies - World Cup aside.

Just wouldn't want him anywhere near United given his nature, regardless of ability.
Spot on.

Unread 04-05-2023, 11:38 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach
Spot on.
The more some of these “elites” get paid, the less they give a shite

Unread 04-05-2023, 11:38 AM
Lok

It's good to see the Psg fans take a stand. They love giving Messi shit as well because he rarely puts a shift in.

Horrible club.

Unread 04-05-2023, 12:04 PM
pc6090

Let’s hope the hound Mbappebappebab or however its spelt next

Unread 04-05-2023, 12:35 PM
AK14

Quote:

This is the Neymar thread right?

The biggest ‘Meh’ superstar there has ever been.

Unread 04-05-2023, 12:54 PM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Would rather have Rivaldo than Neymar at their respective bests tbh .. Rivaldo was a better goal scorer for Barca too despite being in a far worse side and not really being a striker as such .. Neymar was the worst of the Messi/Suarez/Neymar trio at Barca … don’t think he comes close to Ronaldinho at the latters absolute peak ..

Neymar clearly has magic about him (Brazil were a totally different outfit with him playing at the WC) but seems perennially injured as far as domestic football goes .. also basically threw the towel in in his mid 20s to go to PSG ..

Unread 04-05-2023, 01:23 PM
Lok

I've always found it hard to judge how good he is. He stayed in Brazil for longer than most would and the standard isn't the same.

At Barca he had that midfield behind him and was alongside Messi and Suarez. Anyone would have looked good.

At PSG he's looked little more than a show pony and hasn't elevated them to anything higher like a true great should.

He never really turned up at a tournament for Brazil.

He's obviously extremely talented but I'd be disappointed if we signed him and laugh if he ended up at Chelsea.

Unread 04-05-2023, 01:38 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Same.

Unbelievable hype over an absolute nothing player.

Unread 04-05-2023, 01:44 PM
Ethers

Quote:

Good summary I’d say.

Definitely think he’s a case of someone under-achieving given the talent they’ve clearly got, rather than being over-rated.

As someone else has said, his injury record for PSG is appalling. In 6 seasons there he’s played 112 league games ffs.

Unread 04-05-2023, 05:49 PM
Coracao

Quote:

A lot of that comes with longevity . Ronaldinho had a relatively short peak. But there's not a prayer I'd pick Neymar over him as a footballer.

Unread 04-05-2023, 06:57 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
100%.

Just below Pogba in the overrates stakes for me, Jeff.

Unread 04-05-2023, 07:04 PM
Sparky***

Genuinely odd fanbase

Unread 04-05-2023, 07:07 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Genuinely odd fanbase
Yeah but enough about waffles, what are your thoughts on Neymar pal?

Unread 04-05-2023, 11:49 PM
BigJim

This is what worries me about a Qatar take over. Rich, clueless owners tend to love an individual, regardless of what that individual means for team morale.

Unread 05-05-2023, 07:54 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJim
This is what worries me about a Qatar take over. Rich, clueless owners tend to love an individual, regardless of what that individual means for team morale.
Yeah because that’s never happened to us over the years

There isn’t a single person alive who didn’t think Neymar was a good signing for PSG

Unread 05-05-2023, 01:01 PM
Curtis

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
There isn’t a single person alive who didn’t think Neymar was a good signing for PSG
I didn't. It hardly needed mystic £#%&!ing Meg to see he was weapons-grade toxic. Introducing that to any dressing room would only ever be a shit idea. It was just a matter of time.
Closed Thread