United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-04-2007, 09:34 PM
celtbion

Default Evans, Simpson, Keane

Would like to see them involved in the future of Utd.

Unread 09-04-2007, 09:34 PM
£#%&! KFC

see below

Unread 09-04-2007, 09:35 PM
chorleyred

every caterer needs good quality spuds

Unread 09-04-2007, 09:39 PM
Riverside

Homer or Bart Simpson?

Unread 09-04-2007, 09:46 PM
you_are_my_solskjaer

Pique

Unread 09-04-2007, 09:47 PM
Riverside

No vote for Rossi?

Unread 09-04-2007, 09:48 PM
chorleyred

i've never watched pique and thought he was outstanding or looked like a player who would become a first choice for us.

in evans I can see it

Unread 09-04-2007, 09:49 PM
you_are_my_solskjaer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverside
No vote for Rossi?
wheres the poll at

Unread 09-04-2007, 10:15 PM
Coracao

Thumbs up

Evans will be a class act for this club for the next decade.

Everytime I have seen him i've been impressed.

Seems he has his screwed on as well, at least going off his GCSE results, 9 GCSEs, all As or A*s

Unread 09-04-2007, 11:00 PM
shadowplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by you_are_my_solskjaer
Pique
Will be sold in the summer.

Unread 09-04-2007, 11:10 PM
Tiberian

Evans was not that good today, but he seems to have grown and put on muscle in the last year. Physically he looks far more ready.

As for Pique, holding down a place in a Spanish team pushing for a CL spot and playing well week in week out is a very good achievement. He has played at a higher level than Evans this season, and is probably the better player at this stage.

He should be kept, too good to let go.

Unread 09-04-2007, 11:14 PM
shadowplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian

He should be kept, too good to let go.
I reckon he's a goner to be honest.

In the past few months, he has been quoted ona few occasions on how great it is to be back home playing football and how much he is enjoying his football.With the emergence of Evans, and the a few other prospects (Cathcart etc), i can see Fergie letting the lad go in the summer.

Unread 09-04-2007, 11:16 PM
celtbion

If Evans has been playing half way decently at defensive mid we simply have to bring him back, even if just for a year.

I don't think Gibson will be ready for next year and starting the season with Scholes, Carrick and maybe Hargreaves isn't good enough.... again.

Unread 09-04-2007, 11:19 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowplay
I reckon he's a goner to be honest.

In the past few months, he has been quoted ona few occasions on how great it is to be back home playing football and how much he is enjoying his football.With the emergence of Evans, and the a few other prospects (Cathcart etc), i can see Fergie letting the lad go in the summer.
Would be a mistake to let him go, bar a bit more pace he has everything that a center half needs at Utd, great on the ball, a threat from set pieces, composure, and leadership abilities.

2/3 years down the line he is going to be an outstanding player. Evans has got all the hype, but Pique is proving himself in maybe the best league in Europe. Different style of game yes, but could Evans hold down a place in a top 6 side at the moment in the prem.

Pique has been forgotten about, but he has impressed me very time iu have seen him this year.

Unread 09-04-2007, 11:27 PM
celtbion

Quote:
Would be a mistake to let him go, bar a bit more pace he has everything that a center half needs at Utd, great on the ball, a threat from set pieces, composure, and leadership abilities.

2/3 years down the line he is going to be an outstanding player. Evans has got all the hype, but Pique is proving himself in maybe the best league in Europe. Different style of game yes, but could Evans hold down a place in a top 6 side at the moment in the prem.

Pique has been forgotten about, but he has impressed me very time iu have seen him this year.
I'm afraid I've not seen anything of Pique for Zaragoza but I thought he looked a class player in the reserves last season. He and Evans could be an incredible centre-half pairing in 4/5 seasons. However good Cathcart looks, he's behind both those at this stage of his development.

Simpson also looks like a really good solid full back. Gary Nev has been injured a few times this year and we've been shuffling around Brown or even O'Shea to try and cover. Guy must have a career here.

Evans I'd say will slot straight in as the main cover at centre-half and will play a bit at full back too I'd imagine while he beds in.

Rossi too, I can't even see the argument about why this guy wouldn't be a big bonus to our forward options and I'd say he could bed down a starting slot, oozes class.

Foster can't be far off displacing VDS either.

Most of the guys who are on loan at a serious level of football will be serious contenders for first team slots next year. I don't know about some others like Gibson, might be a season early for him. Would be great to get him a season at Sunderland with Keane but maybe a Championship club is more realistic (looks like Keane will be in the Prem).

Unread 09-04-2007, 11:30 PM
shadowplay

Quote:

With that in mind, perhaps he may be called back.I just have a feeling that his move there will become permanent and we will see the emergence of young Evans over the next few years.

Though to be honest, it would be a lot more ideal if perhaps we could lose Silvestre and see both of the lads push for the first team, but can you see that happening?I have my doubts unfortunately.

Unread 09-04-2007, 11:33 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtbion
I'm afraid I've not seen anything of Pique for Zaragoza but I thought he looked a class player in the reserves last season. He and Evans could be an incredible centre-half pairing in 4/5 seasons. However good Cathcart looks, he's behind both those at this stage of his development.

Simpson also looks like a really good solid full back. Gary Nev has been injured a few times this year and we've been shuffling around Brown or even O'Shea to try and cover. Guy must have a career here.

Evans I'd say will slot straight in as the main cover at centre-half and will play a bit at full back too I'd imagine while he beds in.

Rossi too, I can't even see the argument about why this guy wouldn't be a big bonus to our forward options and I'd say he could bed down a starting slot, oozes class.

Foster can't be far off displacing VDS either.

Most of the guys who are on loan at a serious level of football will be serious contenders for first team slots next year. I don't know about some others like Gibson, might be a season early for him. Would be great to get him a season at Sunderland with Keane but maybe a Championship club is more realistic (looks like Keane will be in the Prem).
Pique started the season playing defensive midfield, but has been shifted into center half. Performed well in both positions, but for me is a far better center half.

Agree about Rossi, would love to have had him available recently. The lad is a class act, his only problem is his size, but he is afar better footballer than the likes of Richardson and deserves a chance, should be ahead of Ole next year.

Gibson, not seen much of him really, have read that he has not been that good at Antwerp, is a bit lazy, and lacks pace. Loan out to a championship club would probably be the best thing for him.

The biggest thing is clearing out some of the deadwood and making room in our squad for these players. Use them or lose them.

Unread 09-04-2007, 11:38 PM
Rhodzy

Pique could fill O'Sheas role, playing numerous positions, hes a classy player

Evans is amazing, see that tackle which resembled Moore against Pele today, brilliant.

Simpsons a good looking Gary Neville, hes a great talent.
Hes better than the vastly overrated Richards

Unread 09-04-2007, 11:44 PM
shadowplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodzy
Pique could fill O'Sheas role, playing numerous positions, hes a classy player

Evans is amazing, see that tackle which resembled Moore against Pele today, brilliant.

Simpsons a good looking Gary Neville, hes a great talent.
Hes better than the vastly overrated Richards
Pele plays for southampton?

Unread 09-04-2007, 11:50 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowplay
Pele plays for southampton?
Yes, centre half.

http://www.football.co.uk/southampto...e_118374.shtml
Closed Thread