United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-04-2007, 08:45 PM
jem

Default I think it would be fair to call this another typical euro performance from united

being made to look second-rate by a very average roma.

as for that dumbass scholes..... that was like one of those shitey brainstorming sessions with a moderator fresh from the management consultant spawning grounds trying to think of great things for the company to do by having stupid people make stupid suggestions about how you would go about £#%&!ing up the company completely and then writing a list of opposite things which will then become the mission statement.

the carloserator: "any idea, chumses? and remember, there are no stupid suggestions."

scholes: "I would run around the pitch throwing myself recklessly in tackles I can't win, fouling my opponent blatantly time after time (in unthreatening positions) until the ref has no option but to show me the yellow card repeatedly."

the carloserator: "that is very good, paul. that is exactly the kind of things we is looking for. thank you."

pause.

the carloserator: "paul.... paul! what the hell is you doings? you is supposedly doings precisely the opposites of what you is sayings! holy craps, paul! oh, no. you have been sent off. puta madre or the equivalent in portuguese."

nice one, you £#%&!ing dope. nothing like a bit of experience and composure to bail us out.

I still feel there is something in this for us (hey, we could win 4-1!), but that was absolutely £#%&!ing typically £#%&!ed up in the head and self-inflicted. even allowing for a back four of bambis.

Unread 04-04-2007, 08:48 PM
borsuk

Default sometimes just one line

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
a very average roma.
can remove the credibility from a post

Unread 04-04-2007, 08:53 PM
poppy

Unfortunately it gives Fergie a ready-made excuse to deflect from what was looking to be yet another insipid performance in Europe, 10 men or not.

Unread 04-04-2007, 09:38 PM
Sparky***

All in all, not a bad result. Playing with 10 men for an hour.

Plus they had 12 men with that ref.

Unread 04-04-2007, 09:39 PM
jem

Default classic fergie / united

playing for draw when 2-1 down. it's not a great result, no matter how many times andy gray says it.

playing without fullbacks. what the £#%&! was heinze doing inside every £#%&!ing time roma attacked. shite distribution from o'shea and heinze as well.

almost playing without a midfield - excellent work by carrick, but when roma picked the ball up on the half-way line, they just got to drive forward with no challenge.

fletch. shyeah.

passing the ball back to the defence from a free kick on the wing with men in the box.

passing the ball across the back four until we were pressured and then hoofing it forward without looking (often finding touch).

£#%&! me, if fergie wants naive, that was £#%&!ing naive.

nice £#%&!ing goal by ronaldo-ole-rooney, though.

Unread 04-04-2007, 09:43 PM
elephantstone

we show too much respect to these foreign teams, we should have put on a premiership performance

Unread 04-04-2007, 09:44 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
playing for draw when 2-1 down. it's not a great result, no matter how many times andy gray says it.

playing without fullbacks. what the £#%&! was heinze doing inside every £#%&!ing time roma attacked. shite distribution from o'shea and heinze as well.

almost playing without a midfield - excellent work by carrick, but when roma picked the ball up on the half-way line, they just got to drive forward with no challenge.

fletch. shyeah.

passing the ball back to the defence from a free kick on the wing with men in the box.

passing the ball across the back four until we were pressured and then hoofing it forward without looking (often finding touch).

£#%&! me, if fergie wants naive, that was £#%&!ing naive.

nice £#%&!ing goal by ronaldo-ole-rooney, though.

No, it's not a great result. But playing with 10 men for an hour, away at Roma - not bad. At least we have the away goal. That at least gives us some hope going into the next game. Even though Scholes will be missing, the pillock.

£#%&!ing Edwin. What the £#%&! was that?

Our supposed experienced heads tonight were awful. Giggs, Scholes, O'Shea, Van Der Sar.

Unread 04-04-2007, 09:46 PM
violater

shit performance against a team about as good as spurs.

Unread 04-04-2007, 09:46 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by violater
WHO WILL FINISH HIGHER THAN UTD

Unread 04-04-2007, 09:49 PM
Fatboy Shrek

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
we show too much respect to these foreign teams, we should have put on a premiership performance
Roma could cut that back 4 to shreds if we attacked them non-stop. They're a lot better than Blacburn, Bolton et al. especially when they're going all out for the CL. How unsure did O'Shea and Gabby look as it was, nevermind if they had less protection.

Jem's chatted some %@#$&!s in this thread, 2-1 is a decent result GIVEN the situation. We will beat them at Old Trafford.

Unread 04-04-2007, 09:51 PM
Fatboy Shrek

Quote:
This depends on whether you mean the Spurs that would have finished ahead of us and presumably set a few prempiership records along the way or the actual Spurs who are very mediocre and pushing for a UEFA cup place.

If you mean the latter, you need sectioning.

Unread 04-04-2007, 09:52 PM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
do you understand football?

Unread 04-04-2007, 09:55 PM
jem

Default 2-1

is not a good result given the situation. it a £#%&!ing good result given the performance, though, I'll give you that.

roma are not that good and that was a performance of stupidity more than anything else for us. it's not that we didn't go gung-ho... we know ronaldo can beat a team on his own without us committing loads of men forward (see the goal).... but were supposedly trying to hang on and get the best out of it with 10 men and yet we had fullbacks with no positional sense letting the opposition get wide and midfielders with no positional sense letting them come down the middle and shoot from just outside the box. we gave away possession time and time again by booting the ball and the rest of the time we played it across the back four going £#%&!ing nowhere and just waiting for them to push forward and force a mistake or hurried clearance. that was £#%&!ing embarrassing.

and our doddery old keeper has no £#%&!ing excuse for that winner, even if both their goals were £#%&!ing lucky.

Unread 04-04-2007, 09:58 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy Shrek
This depends on whether you mean the Spurs that would have finished ahead of us and presumably set a few prempiership records along the way or the actual Spurs who are very mediocre and pushing for a UEFA cup place.

If you mean the latter, you need sectioning.
if you are seriously suggesting roma would walk our league then you are insane. we ripped them apart more than once doing exactly what they were doing... running at men with the ball... rooney and ronaldo both did it. they're @#%&! defensively, but saha wasn't fit otherwise he would have made mexes and chivu look like the girls they are.

did I mention that I want to shoot heinze?

Unread 04-04-2007, 09:59 PM
Grimson

How does suggesting Roma are better than Spurs equate to saying they would walk the Premiership?

Unread 04-04-2007, 10:00 PM
Terry Silver

Erm, we weren't playing for a draw at 2-1, we were playing not to lose 3-1.

We had to be careful about when we commited men forward. And we did the job admirably well in the second half, mangaging to finish the game in a better position than we had finished the first half...away... to a very good Roma side... despite having only ten men...

One thing I couldn't understand is why, with a free kick in the Roma half, we pushed Rio and Gabby forward and then hit a square ball.

O'Shea (should've conceded a penalty, very poor on the ball), VDS (didn't even try to get back for the first, assist for the second) and Scholes were the only reds who didn't perform well tonight.

Unread 04-04-2007, 10:03 PM
Fatboy Shrek

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
if you are seriously suggesting roma would walk our league then you are insane. we ripped them apart more than once doing exactly what they were doing... running at men with the ball... rooney and ronaldo both did it. they're @#%&! defensively, but saha wasn't fit otherwise he would have made mexes and chivu look like the girls they are.

did I mention that I want to shoot heinze?
Perhaps i should have said "If you meant either, you need sectioning". They are much closer to us in quality than Spurs. We will beat them over two legs, showing our superiority over them. Rome is a difficult place to go to especially when arguably your best player is insistent on getting sent off within half an hour.

Unread 04-04-2007, 10:05 PM
Fatboy Shrek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
How does suggesting Roma are better than Spurs equate to saying they would walk the Premiership?
I'm baffled by that one as well. They went to Lyon and won 2-0, they are a very decent side.

We will put them out.

Unread 04-04-2007, 10:06 PM
Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
can remove the credibility from a post
or add it.

tbh, the rest was spurious but that was fact.

if we managed to string a couple of passes together we would have taken far more advantage of their average defence. especially, if scholes had not been overcome by the red mist

Unread 04-04-2007, 10:07 PM
El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Silver
Erm, we weren't playing for a draw at 2-1, we were playing not to lose 3-1.

We had to be careful about when we commited men forward. And we did the job admirably well in the second half, mangaging to finish the game in a better position than we had finished the first half...away... to a very good Roma side... despite having only ten men...

One thing I couldn't understand is why, with a free kick in the Roma half, we pushed Rio and Gabby forward and then hit a square ball.

O'Shea (should've conceded a penalty, very poor on the ball), VDS (didn't even try to get back for the first, assist for the second) and Scholes were the only reds who didn't perform well tonight.
Giggs was pants. nft.
Closed Thread