United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-04-2007, 03:18 PM
celtbion

Default Manchester United fans only interest in football...

...is Manchester United.

The brother accused me of this at the weekend. I just laughed and thought, that's true and... ? ;D

Seriously though, I find I'm only interested in a game if it's some way connected to Utd. A loanee appearing perhaps or a title rival playing or a possible future signing on show. I watch other games but I'm not as interested. Up to and including Irish internationals.

Unread 03-04-2007, 03:20 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtbion
...is Manchester United.

The brother accused me of this at the weekend. I just laughed and thought, that's true and... ? ;D

Seriously though, I find I'm only interested in a game if it's some way connected to Utd. A loanee appearing perhaps or a title rival playing or a possible future signing on show. I watch other games but I'm not as interested. Up to and including Irish internationals.
Erm, I'm a bit different myself. I tend to watch any game to be honest. Bit of an addict.

Unread 03-04-2007, 03:21 PM
forzagarza

Football is shit on the whole so why I'd watch anything that's not relevant is beyond me.

Unread 03-04-2007, 03:22 PM
red red robbo

Quote:
...is Manchester United.

I'm with you there.

Maybe it's because once you have seen united, the rest just somehow doesn't measure up

Unread 03-04-2007, 03:24 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo
I'm with you there.

Maybe it's because once you have seen united, the rest just somehow doesn't measure up
lunar RED

Unread 03-04-2007, 03:27 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

a disagree, I'm a football fan and I will watch football. I don't care if it's a world cup or a none league game I watch it. Football is only ever boring to me when the game is a boring game not whether or not it involves anything United or not.

Unread 03-04-2007, 03:30 PM
Grimson

I'll watch any game from any half-decent league.

Unread 03-04-2007, 03:31 PM
m14red

Quote:
Originally Posted by forzagarza
Football is shit on the whole so why I'd watch anything that's not relevant is beyond me.
largely agree.

though if sepp blatter ever gets his way with women's football I might get into that.

Unread 03-04-2007, 03:31 PM
Stretters

Quote:
...is Manchester United.

Likewise

If Kenya had a United player then i would want to watch them

Its an obsession now

Unread 03-04-2007, 03:33 PM
Rossi the Red

I'll watch all the games really, especially premiership matches. Always good to watch other teams so when you come to play them you know what they're like.

Unread 03-04-2007, 03:36 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
a disagree, I'm a football fan and I will watch football. I don't care if it's a world cup or a none league game I watch it. Football is only ever boring to me when the game is a boring game not whether or not it involves anything United or not.
me too.

obviously i'm only arsed about the result if it directly affects united, but i'll watch any old shite, me.

setanta could use that quote on the promotional stuff for their new premier league package.

Unread 03-04-2007, 03:37 PM
celtbion

That Portugal vs Brazil friendly game from a few months ago.

I switched it off when they took off Ronaldo.

Albeit, I find Portuguese football incredibly irritating with all the diving and nasty fouls. Spanish football not too far off either.

Always quite liked Italian football but see little enough of that.

Can watch the odd domestic game, particularly if one of the more technical sides like Cork City or Derry are involved. I'm not that up on the teams from Dublin/Louth but they're generally a bit disappointing, all aggression and mullacking and little good football.

Unread 03-04-2007, 03:40 PM
sparks_uuc

I've been like that lately too. I think I go in phases. When I was at Uni I watched every single game on TV!

Unread 03-04-2007, 03:40 PM
celtbion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi the Red
I'll watch all the games really, especially premiership matches. Always good to watch other teams so when you come to play them you know what they're like.
Why, are you scouting for Utd?

I find this seeps into my FM2007 play as well. I never take a blind bit of notice of what the opposition are doing, just Utd Utd Utd. Rarely if ever play with anyone else either, what is the point?!

Unread 03-04-2007, 03:41 PM
puressence

tbh i watch any football

Unread 03-04-2007, 03:42 PM
Rossi the Red

Quote:
Why, are you scouting for Utd?

I find this seeps into my FM2007 play as well. I never take a blind bit of notice of what the opposition are doing, just Utd Utd Utd. Rarely if ever play with anyone else either, what is the point?!
How do you know anything about any other player/teams then??

Unread 03-04-2007, 03:43 PM
Athanri

I agree with this. I like wtching all kinds of sport but I am only ever truely interested when my teams are playing. Also United are by far the most enjoyable team to watch at the moment. Value for money but my nails don't think so.

Unread 03-04-2007, 03:48 PM
Stretters

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks_uuc
I've been like that lately too. I think I go in phases. When I was at Uni I watched every single game on TV!
Whos that bird in your avatar

Unread 03-04-2007, 04:03 PM
celtbion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi the Red
How do you know anything about any other player/teams then??
Exactly.

Unread 03-04-2007, 04:11 PM
Tumescent Throb

Would you make the effort to go and watch even a 10th of the shit football they put on television?

The chances of most teams putting on a show that's even gonna vaguely excite me are slim. The chances of me tuning in just in case are even slimmer

The chances of me tuning into more than 5 minutes of Liverpool vs PSV tonight for example are slim to zero. I want PSV to hurt them. But I don't need to watch them do it.
Closed Thread