Unread 24-05-2013, 01:40 PM
elephantstone

he is wearing gloves so he deserves it.

Unread 24-05-2013, 01:41 PM
Zorg

The noise

Unread 24-05-2013, 01:56 PM
Whip Hubley

My old house had a football pitch behind the fence at the back where I could watch the Sunday league every week with a brew and watch tackles like that fly in

Unread 24-05-2013, 02:03 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Dive.

Unread 24-05-2013, 02:09 PM
Aman27deep

Ouch. Broken bones aren't cool.

Unread 24-05-2013, 02:10 PM
fergieslovechild

"shoulder charge ref!"

Unread 24-05-2013, 02:10 PM
irk

£#%&!ing arseholes like that are the reason I don't play. @#%&! should be in prison for that.

Unread 24-05-2013, 02:13 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
£#%&!ing arseholes like that are the reason I don't play. @#%&! should be in prison for that.
Agreed.

Unread 24-05-2013, 02:19 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
it's the reason I started playing more rugby than football (then had my leg broken in my 2nd ever game of rugby)

Playing rugby if someone wanted to smack you in the face, they could without straying too far off the rules and they probably wouldn't actually do that much damage, stupid hungover @#%&!s trying to 'do you' playing football was a whole lot more snide and dangerous imo

Unread 24-05-2013, 02:31 PM
Tiberian

Gave up on 11 a side 2 years back after 5 broken legs in the first 9 games of the season with the team I was playing for. Just not worth the risk, especially after 30, can not afford to be off work for months and would hate the rehab. The lower levels are full of #@&%!s, pissed and wanting to take out their frustrations on someone. Add to this refs who are easily intimidated/unwilling to take the abuse and it is very dangerous.

Poor quality pitches do not help either, but tend to play 6 aside now on 3G a couple of times a week, a lot safer even if sometimes you do miss that extra edge that the full game has.

Unread 24-05-2013, 02:34 PM
Knockers

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
I did my dissertation on that, me. Non volenti fit injuria, your honour.

Unread 24-05-2013, 02:34 PM
elephantstone

I had some horrendous tackles done on me, I still play now on a 3G pitch but it is usually me the one who is late with the tackles but nothing too bad.

Unread 24-05-2013, 02:35 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Gave up on 11 a side 2 years back after 5 broken legs in the first 9 games of the season with the team I was playing for. Just not worth the risk, especially after 30, can not afford to be off work for months and would hate the rehab. The lower levels are full of #@&%!s, pissed and wanting to take out their frustrations on someone. Add to this refs who are easily intimidated/unwilling to take the abuse and it is very dangerous.

Poor quality pitches do not help either, but tend to play 6 aside now on 3G a couple of times a week, a lot safer even if sometimes you do miss that extra edge that the full game has.

I used to play in a 5-a-side league until we got promoted twice and ended up in the top division where the violence was just ridiculous. Almost every match ended up in a proper fist fight with people quite determined to break legs. Couldn't be arsed with it. What's the £#%&!ing point?

Unread 24-05-2013, 02:41 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian

Mate of mine is starting up an open age team in Stockport somewhere, looking to play on Saturday mornings. Played a friendly last week, and this little @#%&! came on as a sub, he was on the pitch 10 minutes and had put in 2 horrible tackles, fortunately nobody got hurt, then he launched into a 2 footed £#%&!ing jump at me , I lifted the ball over him and jumped over him, made him look a bit stupid, but what the £#%&! is the point in that? Why do it? In a friendly as well. It's got me thinking of giving it a swerve, which is a shame.

Unread 24-05-2013, 02:43 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Mate of mine is starting up an open age team in Stockport somewhere, looking to play on Saturday mornings. Played a friendly last week, and this little @#%&! came on as a sub, he was on the pitch 10 minutes and had put in 2 horrible tackles, fortunately nobody got hurt, then he launched into a 2 footed £#%&!ing jump at me , I lifted the ball over him and jumped over him, made him look a bit stupid, but what the £#%&! is the point in that? Why do it? In a friendly as well. It's got me thinking of giving it a swerve, which is a shame.
Yeah right.

Unread 24-05-2013, 02:45 PM
MUFC One Love

Played in a 5 a side league on Langley a few years ago, we were one of the best teams in it but £#%&!ing hell, one team was a whose who of ruffians. They literally spent the last 10 minutes trying to injure us.

We just carried on playing our game quietly with class and dignity, like a Brendan Rodgers team would.
Closed Thread