United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-03-2007, 05:58 PM
24hr Leavesey

Default Let's say we beat Bolton tomorrow with no casulties.....

Who's ready to commit and say the title is ours ??

Unread 16-03-2007, 05:59 PM
Tumescent Throb

But they'll still be 24pts to play for Leavesy

Unread 16-03-2007, 06:00 PM
jem

Default only

an idiot would think the title will be won tomorrow.

Unread 16-03-2007, 06:03 PM
Barca '91

I hate this sort of stuff and wouldnt normally commit to anything until it was mathetically assured we've won it but....

I reckon if we take 9 points off Bolton, Blackburn and Pompey its all over bar the shouting

Unread 16-03-2007, 06:08 PM
24hr Leavesey

And I'm happy to say I'm not that idiot.

If anything I don't think I've ever witnessed a more stressful end to the season - And the ride's going to get bumpier.

Yeah, fair to say I'm officially frickened, half expecting my heart to be broken come may.

Unread 16-03-2007, 06:39 PM
£#%&! KFC

we won it at Anfield remember

I can't see Maureen and Co dropping too many points we have to keep winning simple as that

Unread 16-03-2007, 07:02 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
we won it at Anfield remember

I can't see Maureen and Co dropping too many points we have to keep winning simple as that
Anfield was giddy, admittedly

Unread 16-03-2007, 07:07 PM
£#%&! KFC

it was Throb and defo my best day/night of the season without a shadow

but it seems eons ago now

Unread 16-03-2007, 07:09 PM
TreeFiddy

If we win the rest of our games I'll admit that we'll probably win the league.

Unread 16-03-2007, 07:11 PM
Tumescent Throb

Read someat on the Beeb earlier saying Chelsea might have to play 4 times in the last week or so if Spurs get by Sevilla, so come on Tottenham you world-beaters you

Unread 16-03-2007, 07:17 PM
Grimson

Quote:
I can't see Maureen and Co dropping too many points
Me neither, even though they were shit on Wednesday. They know how to do just enough to get the points. But then, that's why they're in such a deficit to us on goal difference.

They need to make up 7 points on us in 9 games. I'm not predicting anything, but that's a very tall order.

Unread 16-03-2007, 07:22 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24hr Leavesey
And I'm happy to say I'm not that idiot.

If anything I don't think I've ever witnessed a more stressful end to the season - And the ride's going to get bumpier.

Yeah, fair to say I'm officially frickened, half expecting my heart to be broken come may.
I know what you mean. I've got a very bad feeling that we'll let it slip. I'll have to be put on suicide watch if we don't get it back

Unread 16-03-2007, 07:23 PM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
I know what you mean. I've got a very bad feeling that we'll let it slip. I'll have to be put on suicide watch if we don't get it back
I think we all will. Everything has been building up to this. I've been shitting it since December and I'm just so desperate that we'll hold on. I seriously couldn't take it if we stumbled at the final hurdle. I'd be a wreck for a long time.

Unread 16-03-2007, 07:24 PM
£#%&! KFC

agreed Grimson it would be a very tall order if we had a) all our best players fully fit and b) we were flying...neither applies at the moment although we played our best football of the season against the Yonners when we beat them 4-0 be nice to find somewhere near that level tomorrow

but I still don't think we'll lose at Stamford Bridge

Unread 16-03-2007, 07:25 PM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
but I still don't think we'll lose at Stamford Bridge
We will if Fergie plays for a draw.

Unread 16-03-2007, 07:26 PM
Terry Silver

Still got to go to Chelsea, Everton and you-know-who.

Fixture congestion with FA Cup, CL and rescheduled League games still to be played.

Still a long way to go.

Unread 16-03-2007, 07:28 PM
£#%&! KFC

wrong Fiddy

we played for a draw at Anfield and look what happened

Unread 16-03-2007, 07:28 PM
Grimson

We're still a better team than anyone else, even missing a few key players.

The recent slump in form, I believe, is due to the season getting to the stage where the pressure is on, but the finish line is still a bit off. This is where many sides have thrown away the title, rather than right at the death. I think we're through the worst of it, and the players can see that there aren't many game left, and....er.....

£#%&! it. We're going to win it.

Unread 16-03-2007, 07:30 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
I think we all will. Everything has been building up to this. I've been shitting it since December and I'm just so desperate that we'll hold on. I seriously couldn't take it if we stumbled at the final hurdle. I'd be a wreck for a long time.
Exactly. Up untill Christmas, I was just happy to see us playing well and top of the league. I didn't expect much from this season tbh. I thought our small squad would struggle during the festive period and the rent boys would run away with it. However, in the last few weeks it's really hit home how close we are. The game against the dippers - £#%&! me, I've never been so stressed during a match in my life. I really really really hope we can do it. For my own sanity, as well as for United!

Unread 16-03-2007, 07:32 PM
£#%&! KFC

hang on Watcher you weren't stood next to me at Anfield were you....now that poor bloke was seriously stressed , worse than me and I couldn't breathe in those last 10 minutes
Closed Thread