United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-03-2007, 03:47 PM
Serenity Now

Default Rijkaard set for Milan?

From the Channel 4 site:
Quote:
Frank Rijkaard could leave Barcelona for Milan at the end of the season, according to reports in Italy.

The Dutch tactician is allegedly looking for a house in Milan, fuelling speculation that he might replace Carlo Ancelotti on the San Siro bench.

Rijkaard is contracted to the Blaugrana until 2008, but his deal has a clause which would allow him to leave the Nou Camp one year in advance.

The defeat in Sunday’s Derby della Madonnina has also increased the chances of seeing Ancelotti end his relationship with the Via Turati outfit in the summer.

“I believe my future here depends on the results I will obtain,” admitted the Rossoneri Coach.

“I would like to stay here for many years, but I know how things go in football,” added the tactician, who joined Milan in 2001.

It is believed that much will depend on Milan’s future in the Champions League, as well as their qualification for next season’s competition.

Yesterday’s defeat left the Diavoli six-points shy of the top four and only a victory in the Athens Final in May might convince the Rossoneri management to extend the Coach’s stay.

Rijkaard had already been linked with the Via Turati club, as he is allegedly tired of the tension between himself and the dressing room.

If the news were to be confirmed, reports suggest that Ancelotti might move in the opposite direction to La Liga, with Real Madrid allegedly interested in the Coach’s services.

Unread 13-03-2007, 03:52 PM
The Watcher

I've been saying for ages this'll happen. He'll probably take Ronaldhino with him too.

Unread 13-03-2007, 03:56 PM
S/Side.Red

Koeman for the Barca job?

Interesting story a week or two back saying that there could be a Kaka-Ronaldinho swap deal on the cards.

Unread 13-03-2007, 04:03 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

Interesting story a week or two back saying that there could be a Kaka-Ronaldinho swap deal on the cards.
Wouldn't suprise me. The Koeman to Barca thing has been floating around in the Barca press for over a year - but it could just be wishfull thinking on their part. If he can get PSV past liverpool, he could become the favourite to take over. Not sure how his brand of football would go down at The Camp Nou though.

Unread 13-03-2007, 04:06 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Wouldn't suprise me. The Koeman to Barca thing has been floating around in the Barca press for over a year - but it could just be wishfull thinking on their part. If he can get PSV past liverpool, he could become the favourite to take over. Not sure how his brand of football would go down at The Camp Nou though.
I remember them talking about Koeman to Barca back when he was in charge of Ajax. I think he may have turned the job down back then before Rijkaard got it, or least been a bit too hesitant and they went for Rijkaard.

He's got a decent CV, and being a Barca legend helps. I wonder if they might consider looking at Ramos if they are thinking about style of football.

Unread 13-03-2007, 04:14 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
I remember them talking about Koeman to Barca back when he was in charge of Ajax. I think he may have turned the job down back then before Rijkaard got it, or least been a bit too hesitant and they went for Rijkaard.

He's got a decent CV, and being a Barca legend helps. I wonder if they might consider looking at Ramos if they are thinking about style of football.
End of this season would be a good time for Koeman to step up. Did reasonably well with Benfica and now at PSV. His CV coming into the Barca job would be more impresive then Rijkaards was in 2003

Unread 13-03-2007, 07:03 PM
Serenity Now

Quote:

From what I've heard Koeman has quite recently had meetings with Cruyff and other members of the Barca hierarchy. He was originally approached back in '03 by Bassat, but Laporta won so they went with Rijkaard instead.

Unread 13-03-2007, 07:06 PM
koppas

Quote:
I've been saying for ages this'll happen. He'll probably take Ronaldhino with him too.
Good call.

Quote:

Even better call.

Unread 13-03-2007, 07:08 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
From what I've heard Koeman has quite recently had meetings with Cruyff and other members of the Barca hierarchy. He was originally approached back in '03 by Bassat, but Laporta won so they went with Rijkaard instead.
Is Ronaldhino definitely off this summer too?

Unread 13-03-2007, 07:16 PM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Is Ronaldhino definitely off this summer too?
Well, Milan seem to think so. Whether that's true or not, I couldn't say. Though FWIW there have definitely been a lot of meetings between Milan and Roberto Assis. They have cover for them because Assis also represents Ricardo Oliveira, but these meetings were supposedly regarding Ronaldinho.

Unread 13-03-2007, 07:18 PM
MUFC One Love

They've got the lot Barca and they seem intent on £#%&!ing it up. I can't believe this end of this team %@#$&!s, they're a brilliant young team just ready to peak.

Unread 13-03-2007, 07:23 PM
Serenity Now

On a slightly different note, check out Galliani's face in this video from the Milan derby
[YOUTUBE]wPKkZg1FHdQ[/YOUTUBE]

Unread 13-03-2007, 07:24 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
They've got the lot Barca and they seem intent on £#%&!ing it up. I can't believe this end of this team %@#$&!s, they're a brilliant young team just ready to peak.
Coach doesn't get on with some of the board. The players are split - some back the manager, others Laporta. Under such circumstances, they're unlikely to win anything. Even if Rijkaard and goofy leave, they still have a great squad. I have a feeling Torres may finally end up at the Camp Nou in the summer too.

It's sad though. This team had the potential to match the achievements of the Dream Team.

Unread 13-03-2007, 07:27 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
On a slightly different note, check out Galliani's face in this video from the Milan derby
[YOUTUBE]wPKkZg1FHdQ[/YOUTUBE]
Great stuff

Did you ever see the BBC documentary on Barca. Followed Rijkaards first year in charge. After winning at the Bernabéu, you should see Laporta on the team coach. Singing and waving a scarf above his head. Brilliant!

Unread 13-03-2007, 07:29 PM
Serenity Now

Ibrahimovic trying to put a gypsy curse on Ronaldo
[YOUTUBE]ifxMJr72Yc0[/YOUTUBE]

Unread 13-03-2007, 07:30 PM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Great stuff

Did you ever see the BBC documentary on Barca. Followed Rijkaards first year in charge. After winning at the Bernabéu, you should see Laporta on the team coach. Singing and waving a scarf above his head. Brilliant!
Unfortunately I didn't, wouldn't surprise me though. Did you see his face on the weekend?

Unread 13-03-2007, 07:34 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Unfortunately I didn't, wouldn't surprise me though. Did you see his face on the weekend?
No, only caught the highlights of the game. I take it he was pleased at the end

Unread 13-03-2007, 07:45 PM
TreeFiddy

Koeman is a very promising manager. I think he'd be a fantastic replacement for Fergie so I'd rather he didn't go to Barca.

Unread 13-03-2007, 09:05 PM
Serenity Now

Quote:
According to Graham Hunter on Rivista, Real Madrids no.1 target is Rafa Benitez.
Did he mention anything about this twelve year old Turkish lad that Barca are supposedly signing for something like two million euros?

Unread 13-03-2007, 09:13 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Did he mention anything about this twelve year old Turkish lad that Barca are supposedly signing for something like two million euros?
No mate. Mainly looking back on last weeks game & the reaction from the two cities. The Barca press don't think much of 3-4-3. Neither do I!

Apparently, Bernard Schuster is also being heavily linked to the Real Madrid job. Hadn't heard that before, bit of a surprise.
Closed Thread