United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-11-2009, 12:37 AM
Charlie Harper

Default Lawrenson "Owen was great tonight"

What?!

I don't want to sound like Marlo but...

He never hit hit a shot on goal, and barely shot when he could, he played the wrong pass each time, he dropped back when he should have been on the shoulder of the defender, he refused to take a pass or take on the last man when he had a chance.

Easily his worst performance since pulling on a United shirt. Tonight, he was so far off the player he was 5 year ago I thought I was watching myself.

I was surprised Fergie didn't take him off at half-time.

Unread 22-11-2009, 12:40 AM
denis lawless

Default Re: Lawrenson "Owen was great tonight"

boyhood everton fan

Unread 22-11-2009, 12:42 AM
Charlie Harper

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless
boyhood everton fan

Or he just wants next summer off.

Unread 22-11-2009, 12:44 AM
MIFF

Aye saw that! Then backs it up by showing goal v city! Top "expert" analysis

Unread 22-11-2009, 12:48 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

owen for engerland

Unread 22-11-2009, 12:52 AM
Charlie Harper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIFF
Aye saw that! Then backs it up by showing goal v city! Top "expert" analysis
Didn't show the bit when he told Scholes to pass to Obertan rather than run 30 yards to have a 1-v-1 against the keeper - had he done that, it would have been like a replay of his goal against Argentina in '98 and would have raised his stock immensely. Just shit out in case he £#%&!ed up.

Unread 22-11-2009, 12:54 AM
Wez

Thumbs up Re: Lawrenson "Owen was great tonight"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Harper
Didn't show the bit when he told Scholes to pass to Obertan rather than run 30 yards to have a 1-v-1 against the keeper - had he done that, it would have been like a replay of his goal against Argentina in '98 and would have raised his stock immensely. Just shit out in case he £#%&!ed up.
That pass was £#%&!ing class, surprised it wasnt on motd tonight

Unread 22-11-2009, 12:55 AM
thatsfuctit

90 minutes 'under his belt' will have done him good.

Unread 22-11-2009, 12:56 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wez
That pass was £#%&!ing class, surprised it wasnt on motd tonight
too busy covering Vidic's violent elbow to back up up and outrage over the next few days.

Unread 22-11-2009, 12:58 AM
taff

ex-dipper. makes lawro's tiny #@&%! stand to attention.

Unread 22-11-2009, 01:16 AM
Chorlton74

Quote:

I don't want to sound like Marlo but...
i wouldn't want to sound like that sweat from a baboons balls either.

Unread 22-11-2009, 01:18 AM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
90 minutes 'under his belt' will have done him good.
agree with that.

Unread 22-11-2009, 01:18 AM
King Schlong

Was he really that bad?

A decent run in the side while Berbatov is out will do the scouse @#%&! well.

Expecting a goal or two in the next couple of weeks.

Unread 22-11-2009, 01:20 AM
MIFF

Oh dear, bbc1's next "expert" on some football league programme, robbie savage!

Unread 22-11-2009, 01:28 AM
borsuk

owen was very good in the first half, his movement and understanding with rooney was very promising, i thought, and everton really struggled to cope with their one touch passing. second half he faded from the game and was much less effective.

Unread 22-11-2009, 01:30 AM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
owen was very good in the first half, his movement and understanding with rooney was very promising, i thought, and everton really struggled to cope with their one touch passing. second half he faded from the game and was much less effective.
agreed, in a competetive match he would have got subbed, seeing as everton were shite, rooney got subbed, owen got the 90 minutes, he faded big style, but we'll / he'll benefit in the long term.

Unread 22-11-2009, 01:30 AM
Ethers

Quote:
He looked £#%&!ing knackered more than anything. I honestly don't think he's got the legs for 90 mins at the way we play, no matter how match fit he gets.

Unread 22-11-2009, 02:13 AM
M-13

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Blazini
He looked £#%&!ing knackered more than anything. I honestly don't think he's got the legs for 90 mins at the way we play, no matter how match fit he gets.
Christ, he's only 29....

Unread 22-11-2009, 02:32 AM
dunk

I am a firm believer that if you want an impressive and useful Michael Owen, he needs to play, well, start, 5-10 consecutive games and stay fit. I really don't think it will ever happen at United.

Unread 22-11-2009, 05:57 AM
BarryX

thought his movement was pretty good in the first half, a few bits of decent link up play, but that's about all. some of his distribution has seemed pretty woeful TBF (not just yesterday, but including it)...I am prepared to give just about anyone in the shirt a fair crack of the whip, but at this stage I think lickle mickey's main role should be coming off the bench with 20 minutes to play against tired defences..good luck to him though.
Closed Thread