United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-09-2009, 09:20 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Default What does the Derby mean to you?

Quite a few on here not from the holyland that is manchester so how do you see the derby, just another game like villa, spurs etc or a real big game like liverpool?

For me this is the biggest game of the season, I work with blues, play football with blues, have family and neighbours who are blues and drink with the £#%&!ers.
No other club game gives you the anxiety, disappointment and ecstacy like derby day no matter how shit they have been before.

Unread 18-09-2009, 09:24 AM
Harri Jaffa

Default Re: What does Derby mean to you?

I've never been tbh

Unread 18-09-2009, 09:28 AM
antonin jablonsky

Default Re: What does the Derby mean to you?

Not being from Manchester it was never as big to me as the dippers game but having lived here for nearly 10 years it's getting there. Tbh, i hate Derby week.

Unread 18-09-2009, 09:30 AM
forzagarza

horses for courses

Unread 18-09-2009, 09:32 AM
ReligiousRed

The scouse @#%&!s is the biggest to me tbh, Citeh is a joke because if we win no one is suprised and if we lose the sad @#%&!s don't shut up about it for that reason alone its still a huge game and Derby day is Derby day after all, hope we smash the bitter @#%&!s

Unread 18-09-2009, 09:32 AM
borsuk

when i was a kid and we had reds and blues in the class it was the be all and end all every season. but with city being so shit for so long the liverpool game has left it behind a bit tbh.

Unread 18-09-2009, 09:34 AM
shyteds

Bit of a funny one this year as they may have a team to win say the Carling Cup.
For me the hatred was always more from the blue @#%&!s than vice versa as on the few times we have been beaten by them we always had the chance of winning the title or a cup.

This season the giddyometer has gone through the roof. They are about even with the bin dippers now for my hatred.

After going to the City Arsenal game last week i have seen them first hand in their true colours this season.

One @#%&! walking back to the car commented how they will rip us apart and we have never had a team to compare to what they have at this moment in time.

The funny thing is they believe it.

Bring on the Munichs was a popular chant last week, shame the press didn’t pick up on that one eh.

Unread 18-09-2009, 09:37 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

I love when ooters pretend this means something to them.

Unread 18-09-2009, 09:39 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
I love when ooters pretend this means something to them.
Surely you can see why it doesn't mean a lot though, if you're not surrounded by the £#%&!ers then you don't get reminded of it.

Unread 18-09-2009, 09:40 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
Surely you can see why it doesn't mean a lot though, if you're not surrounded by the £#%&!ers then you don't get reminded of it.
That's why it's changed for me.

Unread 18-09-2009, 09:42 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
It's parochial nonsense. Man United is an international club for supporters from all over the world. People in China, Ireland, Norway, South Africa who make sure to at least catch the highlights every week and buy shirts to keep the club afloat. It's 2009.

Unread 18-09-2009, 09:46 AM
ReligiousRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
It's parochial nonsense. Man United is an international club for supporters from all over the world. People in China, Ireland, Norway, South Africa who make sure to at least catch the highlights every week and buy shirts to keep the club afloat. It's 2009.
I know a city fan through work and TWO lads in my saturday football team are city fans as well as another lad i know, I live in poole ffs these are City fans and none are form Manchester .....Why ....i am just like ......why !

Unread 18-09-2009, 09:47 AM
Zorg

Liverpool were the team I hated most as a kid, by far. For my early childhood we didn't even play city for a few years as they were in the second division. But then they came up, and suddenly all these mouthy blues appeared at school. My school was about 70% red, as most schools in Manchester always have been, but these £#%&!ers wouldn't shut up - especially after the 5-1.

They all had that bitter scowl they're born with, and every United victory was lucky and won by cheating. 'You'll never win anything with Ferguson' one said to me. Bizarrely they always used to say 'you'll never win the league'. As if they would?

To watch them get more and more bitter as United went up and up and city went down and down was so £#%&!ing sweet, it really was.

What I've always hated about them is this moral high-horse of theirs. United were successful, so by definition they must be the people's favourites, the poor, put-upon neighbours who still go every week despite being shit. It's a complete fallacy and always has been, as proven by their gleeful acceptance of a human rights abuser at the helm, just in case he might buy them a trophy. Now they've got all this money suddenly 'buying success', as they wrongly accused United of for so long, is all fine and dandy.

I just really hope Fergie goes for it. None of this worrying about the opposition, being cautious bullshit. Just £#%&! them up the arse, score as many as possible and remind them who's the £#%&!ing boss.

Unread 18-09-2009, 09:48 AM
Hugh Jardon

Mancunian born and bred with a very bitter father

I hate scousers

but I pity City

They will always be a laughing stock for me

Never been and never will be a threat

Beating the scouse @#%&!s means more to me

Unread 18-09-2009, 09:51 AM
Baron

as a proper OOT it certainly means less than the Liverpool game, when I was a kid every @#%&! & his mate supported the Vermin as they won everything through the '80's, they were like the fresh dogshit you trod in, a monumental pain in the arse & signs of it everywhere.

City were the white fluffy shit, you knew to avoid it & it made you laugh.

Unread 18-09-2009, 09:54 AM
carlosartorial

Thumbs up Re: What does the Derby mean to you?

Peter Barnes, Tommy Caton's head, Turkish Delight, Keith Curle pointing, stumbling dazed out of the Platt Lane after the 5-1, pubs round Moss Side, Albiston's screamer, Cantona!, '...now Howard Kendall has gone', Michael Hughes better than Giggs, Niall Quinn, Roy Keane's winner, Beckham's free kick, United in the Whitworth, 1-2, 1-2-3, 1-2-3-4, 5-0!, Helen's bell etc, etc, etc...

Unread 18-09-2009, 09:57 AM
ReligiousRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
Peter Barnes, Tommy Caton's head, Turkish Delight, Keith Curle pointing, stumbling dazed out of the Platt Lane after the 5-1, pubs round Moss Side, Albiston's screamer, Cantona!, '...now Howard Kendall has gone', Michael Hughes better than Giggs, Niall Quinn, Roy Keane's winner, Beckham's free kick, United in the Whitworth, 1-2, 1-2-3, 1-2-3-4, 5-0!, Helen's bell etc, etc, etc...
But what does it really mean to you Carlos ................

Unread 18-09-2009, 10:04 AM
Chorlton74

and with alan ball, you will win £#%&! all.

Seriously though. what does it mean to me? well give or take the odd blip result they have had against us, it usually means i can have field day taking the piss out of all the berties the morning after.

if there is one thing they suffer from, its delusions of grandeur, wether they had the money or not.

not sure where that picture is in the forum, but that team picture of them with the league, fa cup and some other trophy, making it out as if they had done the double sums them all up.

Unread 18-09-2009, 10:14 AM
denis lawless

when i speak to some of the OLD old boys, blokes in there 60s+, a surprising number of them used to go to United one week and Ciddy the next.....i find it a bit bizzare although i suppose it was Manchester against the rest thing....

for me Ciddy are like an annoying younger brother who tries to be like me but fails miserably and is just there to take the piss out of......cant take them seriously probably because theyve been shit for so long....maybe things will soon change and i can get back to hating them as much as the scousers....

not looking forward to them winning the League Cup again.....wont be able to move for street banners/posters

Unread 18-09-2009, 10:15 AM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
City were the white fluffy shit, you knew to avoid it & it made you laugh.

Closed Thread