Coracao

Default MOTM vs Besiktas - Make Your Choice

Poll to follow

Unread 15-09-2009, 09:39 PM
tatty

ooooh goody.

Unread 15-09-2009, 09:42 PM
History

Valencia, loved running with the ball. Very positive. What you want from your wingers in a 4-5-1.

Unread 15-09-2009, 09:43 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
Valencia, loved running with the ball. Very positive. What you want from your wingers in a 4-5-1.
he was superb, gave their leftback nothing but trouble, put a few class balls in.

Unread 15-09-2009, 09:47 PM
believe

Thumbs up

I would like to make a claim for Foster tonight. No real pressure but he took that and turned it into one of his most commanding performances and it really showed in the confidence of the defence.

Unread 15-09-2009, 09:48 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
I would like to make a claim for Foster tonight. No real pressure but he took that and turned it into one of his most commanding performances and it really showed in the confidence of the defence.
Didn't really have anything to do to merit motm imo.

Unread 15-09-2009, 09:51 PM
History

I don't think there were that many outstanding performances, pretty decent and we got the job done. Boring game really.

Evra did ok again, glad he's in form.

Unread 15-09-2009, 09:53 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Didn't really have anything to do to merit motm imo.
he didn't have to do much goalkeeping wise so he could quite easily have switched off. he didn't though and really got himself involved in organising the defense and gave them enough confidence to involve him in the game. it's a strange choice for me tbf but i really seen a difference in foster tonight.

Unread 15-09-2009, 09:54 PM
Coracao

Quote:
he didn't have to do much goalkeeping wise so he could quite easily have switched off. he didn't though and really got himself involved in organising the defense and gave them enough confidence to involve him in the game. it's a strange choice for me tbf but i really seen a difference in foster tonight.
He could have switched off? We'll never know if he did though, cause he had £#%&! all to do

Unread 15-09-2009, 09:54 PM
Mark Corrigan

Tricky one, nobody really stood out imo.

Gone for Valencia.

Unread 15-09-2009, 09:55 PM
tatty

Quote:

I expect to see Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles joining you in the 'Foster' column.

Unread 15-09-2009, 09:55 PM
Wez

Thumbs up

Evra, Evans & Valencia

Went for Valencia in the end

Unread 15-09-2009, 09:56 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Sounds like you've had one too many Fosters tbf.

Evra for me btw.

Unread 15-09-2009, 09:56 PM
Stubbsy

Can't decide, so ive gone for Owen coz he has a massive #@&%!.

Unread 15-09-2009, 09:58 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty

I expect to see Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles joining you in the 'Foster' column.
shut up

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Blazini
Sounds like you've had one too many Fosters tbf.

Evra for me btw.
fair enough i just look at foster a lot because for me he hasn't been good enough to become a long term replacement. tonight he shown a lot of maturity.

ps fosters??! are you taking the piss?

Unread 15-09-2009, 10:05 PM
borsuk

valencia was a threat throughout and evans was good but i thought anderson was most impressive. good energy and some intelligent use of the ball. nobody really stood out, though.

Unread 15-09-2009, 10:15 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
valencia was a threat throughout and evans was good but i thought anderson was most impressive. good energy and some intelligent use of the ball. nobody really stood out, though.
yup, anderson played one incredible ball through to valencia. i doubt he'll play against city now though which would be a shame.

Unread 15-09-2009, 10:21 PM
dunk

Anderson has to play against City. Him and Fletch should be in for certain.

Bare in mind that Anderson hadn't played for 2 weeks, and more, I suppose, with the exception of a reserve game. Fletcher needed a rest given the shifts he has put in for United and Scotland so far this season and in the last fortnight.

Unread 15-09-2009, 10:23 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
yup, anderson played one incredible ball through to valencia. i doubt he'll play against city now though which would be a shame.
Fletcher-Anderson as a 2 looks likely with Scholes suspended and Carrick playing as he is. Fergie could go with Giggs-Fletcher- with Rooney-Berbatov ahead and 2 out of Park/Nani and Valencia.He is less likely to play Giggs wide against Richards as opposed to the less athletic Corluka

The first thing that Anderson needed to improve was his fitness, 2 full matches in 3 days suggest he as gone some way to doing it.

Unread 15-09-2009, 11:26 PM
jem

Default unlike saturday

when everyone played well except vidic h1, tonight no one did more than they had to. nani and valencia both looked like they could be dangerous if they weren't so stupid. valencia's crossing is dire.

I'd be tempted to give it ando because of all the fouls he rode.
Closed Thread