United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-08-2009, 12:14 PM
Aloe Blacc

Thumbs down This is a serious thread, can anyone say with confidence

That we'll win today?

I really can't, there's been something off with United the whole of last season(yes I know we won the league but the defence stood out) and of course the start of this season.

I can honestly see another defeat out there today, wouldn't be shocked if people started saying we're out of the title race tbh.

Sorry for the doom lads but this is how I genuinely feel, please make real arguments instead of just insulting eachother.

Unread 22-08-2009, 12:16 PM
MUFC One Love

United will win today, by 2 goals as well.

Unread 22-08-2009, 12:17 PM
koppas

Not really arsed either way.

Unread 22-08-2009, 12:19 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloe Blacc
That we'll win today?

I really can't, there's been something off with United the whole of last season(yes I know we won the league but the defence stood out) and of course the start of this season.

I can honestly see another defeat out there today, wouldn't be shocked if people started saying we're out of the title race tbh.

Sorry for the doom lads but this is how I genuinely feel, please make real arguments instead of just insulting eachother.
As long as we score first and don't give them a chance to get their entire squad and the tea lady infront of the goal, we'll be fine. Oh, and don't miss anymore £#%&!ing penalties.

Unread 22-08-2009, 12:20 PM
Aloe Blacc

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
Not really arsed either way.
Do you think the players might feel that way?

Could you blame them? They've done everything several times in the last 3 seasons, there might not be much hunger left.. Then they see Ronaldo sold for £80m and NOTHING is brought in.

And please dont say Atom Ant, top player that he is but he was gonna sign anyway to replace Park. OH god what a summer that would have been, keep Ronnie, sell Park. Maybe then Madrid would have paid more for their first choice striker david villa and then the path would have been clear for Benzema.

Unread 22-08-2009, 12:26 PM
koppas

Quote:

Could you blame them? They've done everything several times in the last 3 seasons, there might not be much hunger left.. Then they see Ronaldo sold for £80m and NOTHING is brought in.

And please dont say Atom Ant, top player that he is but he was gonna sign anyway to replace Park. OH god what a summer that would have been, keep Ronnie, sell Park. Maybe then Madrid would have paid more for their first choice striker david villa and then the path would have been clear for Benzema.
Probably.

Unread 22-08-2009, 12:30 PM
elephantstone

clean sheet and 2 goals. Rooney ValenciA
]
Sorry to disappoint you

Unread 22-08-2009, 12:32 PM
rogieop

in the last 10 prem meetings between us and wigan its united 10-0 wigan.

somethings got to give and today might just be the day.

hopefully not.

if we keep rodallega and koumas quiet they dont really have much else going forward......

Unread 22-08-2009, 12:34 PM
Aloe Blacc

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogieop
in the last 10 prem meetings between us and wigan its united 10-0 wigan.

somethings got to give and today might just be the day.

hopefully not.

if we keep rodallega and koumas quiet they dont really have much else going forward......

i hate stats like these

i saw the one of us against promoted teams b4 the burnley game and we had won the last 17....then waht happened

Unread 22-08-2009, 12:34 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:

Valencia is a very good signing, like you say he was always being signed anyway even if Ronaldo stayed, but he wasn't signed to replace Park, why are you so convinced Park was being sold?

Unread 22-08-2009, 12:38 PM
rogieop

Quote:

i hate stats like these

i saw the one of us against promoted teams b4 the burnley game and we had won the last 17....then waht happened
i know, £#%&!ing hate when they are pointed out, just been said on Football Focus, only reason i knew of it.

strange though because i always think of wigan as a tough game over the years, clearly not going by them stats.

as for today, we need a £#%&!ing win.

Unread 22-08-2009, 12:38 PM
Mr_Ed

If we had our strongest team out then I'd be pissed off. However we've got injuries in the back 4, the midfield isn't sorted yet and our strikers aren't striking very well... so given that data I'm not going to be too despondent.

In 03-04 we'd lost 5 games by Christmas hadn't we?

Unread 22-08-2009, 12:46 PM
Aloe Blacc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
If we had our strongest team out then I'd be pissed off. However we've got injuries in the back 4, the midfield isn't sorted yet and our strikers aren't striking very well... so given that data I'm not going to be too despondent.

In 03-04 we'd lost 5 games by Christmas hadn't we?
we were top at christmas in 03/04 mate, we had lost some games by then i think, but arsenal drew quite a few

Unread 22-08-2009, 12:48 PM
jem

Default we won't win

if we go into it with your attitude, ab.

Unread 22-08-2009, 01:07 PM
redmike

Honest answer no, no doubt we will dominate possession but the lack of a cutting edge makes even games like today hard to make a confident prediction.

Unread 22-08-2009, 04:54 PM
armchair

Quote:
That we'll win today?

Shut up you stupid @#%&!.

Unread 22-08-2009, 04:55 PM
Aloe Blacc

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Best advice someone ever gave me!

Unread 22-08-2009, 04:55 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair